criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Star Wars Battlefront and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Moar fun

Prev13
JackTHorn
1537 posts Member
edited September 12
Fun > authenticity

Replies

• So troll thread? I dig it
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Sarcasm. But yeah, Trollish, I guess. Seems like the kind of thing a few of the cross-era folks here would really like. =)
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    So troll thread? I dig it

A nice change of pace from the super serious threads all the time.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
  • Cad_Bane
    1327 posts Member
    edited September 12
    In all seriousness where does dice draw the line? I've yet to figure this out.
    That cheeto version of greedo is hilarious, he should have a orange powder all over him :D
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

It's really weird

They have no problems with B1-Battle Droids smashing Clone Commandos in the face with a First Order F-11-D or worse a E-11

Or Yoda on Star-Killer base with Maul or even worse Count Dooku, but yet they can't allow Anakin into the same Game

Which makes you question if we will ever get to see characters like Ben Kenobi because he would conflict with prequel Maul

It is genuinely weird

I mean it's basically tearing down the unique Universe walls between the Three Eras

I mean where is the cool difference between the Prequel Era and the OT when Clones are using A280C Rebel Blasters or the Rebel Alliance using the F-11-D a blaster invented 30 years down the line?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava

https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First

Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)

"You have performed beyond your parameters." - Nute Gunray (Star Wars: Galactic Battle-Grounds)

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."

"Open fire!" - OOM-9

The OOM-9 Thread

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76064/the-oom-9-thread-4-9-a-new-thread/p1
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    So troll thread? I dig it

A nice change of pace from the super serious threads all the time.

Agreed
  • his spelling of more is burning me from the inside out
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • Lol cross era sux
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Sarcasm. But yeah, Trollish, I guess. Seems like the kind of thing a few of the cross-era folks here would really like. =)

Two thumbs up from this cross-era freak!!

May the Force Live Long and Prosper. Moar fun!
  • Don't limit my options, have fun!!!
    GENERAL GRIEVOUS WILL BE IN EA'S STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II AT LAUNCH
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

I mean where is the cool difference between the Prequel Era and the OT when Clones are using A280C Rebel Blasters or the Rebel Alliance using the F-11-D a blaster invented 30 years down the line?

Obviously the iconic costumes the factions have that you cant choose anywhere else.
    I'm a big fan of Star Wars, Mostly Kanan Jarrus though. I hope Battle Front 2 is gonna be everything we expect!
    Kanan Jarrus Spectre—1 of Phoenix Squadron for EA BattleFront 2! Make it happen Dennis / Guillaume.
    Justice for Darth Maul's blocking capabilities! Keep Cross-Era in the game, It's awesome & is the ultimate fantasy!
  • DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Obviously the iconic costumes the factions have that you cant choose anywhere else.

So it's simply the appearance of the characters - and nothing more - that'll make it the bees knees of star wars games?

Awfully low bar you've set for the devs.

So it's simply the appearance of the characters - and nothing more - that'll make it the bees knees of star wars games?

Well I'm not sure exactly what goes on there heads, its odd we can't have droids on Endor or Hoth. But apparently Cross era weapons & heroes is cool so why not expand on it? I for one support cross era completely, as using whatever hero and weapon when ever I want is absolutely awesome.
    I'm not looking for strict authenticity, I'm looking to have fun. I see this as a game where I have the opportunity to fully embrace the battlefront sandbox that was set in stone all those years ago. It's there so you can have enjoyment out of shooting fictional things and having points pop up on your screen. Limiting all that cool stuff from the other era's is just limiting my fun.
    I'm a big fan of Star Wars, Mostly Kanan Jarrus though. I hope Battle Front 2 is gonna be everything we expect!
    Kanan Jarrus Spectre—1 of Phoenix Squadron for EA BattleFront 2! Make it happen Dennis / Guillaume.
    Justice for Darth Maul's blocking capabilities! Keep Cross-Era in the game, It's awesome & is the ultimate fantasy!
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »

Well I'm not sure exactly what goes on there heads, its odd we can't have droids on Endor or Hoth. But apparently Cross era weapons & heroes is cool so why not expand on it? I for one support cross era completely, as using whatever hero and weapon when ever I want is absolutely awesome.
    I'm not looking for strict authenticity, I'm looking to have fun. I see this as a game where I have the opportunity to fully embrace the battlefront sandbox that was set in stone all those years ago. It's there so you can have enjoyment out of shooting fictional things and having points pop up on your screen. Limiting all that cool stuff from the other era's is just limiting my fun.

Great! That may seem fun to you but too many other including myself cross era isn't fun. The simple fix is to have some modes with cross era and keep at least a mode like GA authentic
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

Great! That may seem fun to you but too many other including myself cross era isn't fun. The simple fix is to have some modes with cross era and keep at least a mode like GA authentic

I'm not a big fan of GA being entirely authentic, but I'd like to see what other modes they have in store before we start assuming GA and SA are the only main modes.
  • Mastahpeece
    129 posts Member
    edited September 13

I'm not a big fan of GA being entirely authentic, but I'd like to see what other modes they have in store before we start assuming GA and SA are the only main modes.

They are though

The POWAH we are dealing here is... ORSON

They are though

Unless there aren't anymore main modes then I wont be convinced other wise.

It wasn't a sandbox, sandboxyyes but there is line
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force

They are though

Only 1 mode is 20v20 and SA is the only mode with just starfighters
  • I enjoyed that video, some of those mods are insane but they're cool to see.

They are though

We haven't seen all of the modes.

They are though

You're brave. I respect that

They are though

I'm Optimistic

They are though

I'm Optimistic

A fair fight is where everyone loses

They are though

I'm Optimistic

A fair fight is where everyone loses

Those are some wise words.
    But a developer confirmation would end this bickering real quick.