criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Tokyo Game Show Trailer Thoughts and predictions

So there is supposedly a new Battlefront 2 Trailer coming at Tokyo Game show between the 21st and 24th September. What does everyone think we'll see in the trailer and what do you hope to see? I personally think it will be fairly short just showing the beta content, which would be cool as we'll potentially get to see the LAAT in action and more of Takodana, providing the recent leaks are true. However, I'd love to see more hero reveals as we've not had too much on this front. Anyway, what do people think??

Replies

• I doubt they'll have a beta trailer. I see it being another trailer on the campaign, just to make sure people don't overshadow it before the beta.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I dont particularly care what it is but I'd love to see some rebel infantry
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • I would die if it was a trailer that showed of just about all of the Heroes and Villains coming in the game. We really need to see more characters, and maybe they could show a location or two we haven't seen very much or at all! It would also make a lot of people happy to see Obi-Wan and Grievous and Jango and Chewie and everyone else we're hoping to play as in the game. I just hope the Hero lineup is a big surprise : )
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    I would die if it was a trailer that showed of just about all of the Heroes and Villains coming in the game. We really need to see more characters, and maybe they could show a location or two we haven't seen very much or at all! It would also make a lot of people happy to see Obi-Wan and Grievous and Jango and Chewie and everyone else we're hoping to play as in the game. I just hope the Hero lineup is a big surprise : )

Yeah I agree with you. I would love the trailer to show Obi wan and Grevious possibly even on a new planet such as Utapau. They do seem to be holding back a lot of the hero roster so I'm hoping a big reveal is in store sometime soon.
    I doubt they'll have a beta trailer. I see it being another trailer on the campaign, just to make sure people don't overshadow it before the beta.

Yeah that's a good point.
    Laser921 wrote: »
    I dont particularly care what it is but I'd love to see some rebel infantry

Yeah that would be good. We haven't really seen much regarding GCW infantry gameplay.
  • I don't know I kind of assumed it was going to be a beta trailer, that will get people hyped.
  • ROMG4
    2722 posts Member
    Here is hoping we finally see The Emperor Of Mankind and Space Marines reveal

Hopefully a Blood Ravens faction skin

Along with the R E A L Gaberial Angelos Voice
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • JMaster wrote: »
    I would die if it was a trailer that showed of just about all of the Heroes and Villains coming in the game. We really need to see more characters, and maybe they could show a location or two we haven't seen very much or at all! It would also make a lot of people happy to see Obi-Wan and Grievous and Jango and Chewie and everyone else we're hoping to play as in the game. I just hope the Hero lineup is a big surprise : )

Yeah I agree with you. I would love the trailer to show Obi wan and Grevious possibly even on a new planet such as Utapau. They do seem to be holding back a lot of the hero roster so I'm hoping a big reveal is in store sometime soon.
    I doubt they'll have a beta trailer. I see it being another trailer on the campaign, just to make sure people don't overshadow it before the beta.

Yeah that's a good point.
    Laser921 wrote: »
    I dont particularly care what it is but I'd love to see some rebel infantry

Yeah that would be good. We haven't really seen much regarding GCW infantry gameplay.

I'm more interested in the FO/Resistance stuff. We had a whole game on the GCW

• Stalemate wrote: »
    I don't know I kind of assumed it was going to be a beta trailer, that will get people hyped.

That was my first thought as well and I still think it will be. I'm just hoping it will be more though. We haven't had any new information in quite a while and considering there is supposedly 3x the content of the previous instalment, I assume they have quite a bit yet to reveal.