criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Star Wars Battlefront and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Not JJ Abrams!

Prev1

Discuss.
Proud member of the cartoon club.

Ammo for battlefront!

Replies

• Let's hope he can find some new ideas and not completely rip off everything that has come before him. Yeah. Not good at all
  • Cad_Bane
    1327 posts Member
    edited September 14
    Let's hope he won't create unnecessary mystery behind everything. That's his signature writing style so the odds aren't looking good for that
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Let's hope he can find some new ideas and not completely rip off everything that has come before him. Yeah. Not good at all

That is expecting a lot from someone who openly admits to ripping off others and explained how to.
  • I'll play devils advocate here. I don't think JJ ruined TFA, I think Disney studios did. Yes JJ was kind of at the top of the food chain and was the director and a co-writer, but many writers including JJ said a lot of their initial ideas that they claim were more interesting and original were shot down by Disney studios because they wanted to play TFA safe.

I'm not necessarily confident JJ would do a great job with the 3rd in the new trilogy, but I don't think he'd ruin it. I think he's the new scapegoat. George had no scapegoat for the PT. He did a bad job and can only blame himself. There's more at play with the ST since Disney studios holds the reins
  • bfloo
    5854 posts Member
    I'll play devils advocate here. I don't think JJ ruined TFA, I think Disney studios did. Yes JJ was kind of at the top of the food chain and was the director and a co-writer, but many writers including JJ said a lot of their initial ideas that they claim were more interesting and original were shot down by Disney studios because they wanted to play TFA safe.

I'm not necessarily confident JJ would do a great job with the 3rd in the new trilogy, but I don't think he'd ruin it. I think he's the new scapegoat. George had no scapegoat for the PT. He did a bad job and can only blame himself. There's more at play with the ST since Disney studios holds the reins

I'd agree, but Rogue One was so much better.
  • I happy for JJ to come back, I thought TFA was great.
  • Cant wait for Return of the Jedi 2.0!
    I'm a big fan of Star Wars, Mostly Kanan Jarrus though. I hope Battle Front 2 is gonna be everything we expect!
    Kanan Jarrus Spectre—1 of Phoenix Squadron for EA BattleFront 2! Make it happen Dennis / Guillaume.
    Justice for Darth Maul's blocking capabilities! Keep Cross-Era in the game, It's awesome & is the ultimate fantasy!
  • bfloo
    5854 posts Member
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Cant wait for Return of the Jedi 2.0!

Maybe the Smurfs will take out the First Order Storm Troopers.....
  • bfloo wrote: »

I was thinking maybe they'd bring back Grievous & make him Kylo's side kick and the star trek enterprise to make its 2nd debut in Star Wars since the phantom menace. Along with Robocop & the Auto bots taking out the remnant of the first order.
    I'm a big fan of Star Wars, Mostly Kanan Jarrus though. I hope Battle Front 2 is gonna be everything we expect!
    Kanan Jarrus Spectre—1 of Phoenix Squadron for EA BattleFront 2! Make it happen Dennis / Guillaume.
    Justice for Darth Maul's blocking capabilities! Keep Cross-Era in the game, It's awesome & is the ultimate fantasy!
  • ROMG4
    1568 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I was thinking maybe they'd bring back Grievous & make him Kylo's side kick and the star trek enterprise to make its 2nd debut in Star Wars since the phantom menace. Along with Robocop & the Auto bots taking out the remnant of the first order.

You've been pranking us
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava

https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First

Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)

"You have performed beyond your parameters." - Nute Gunray (Star Wars: Galactic Battle-Grounds)

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."

"Open fire!" - OOM-9

The OOM-9 Thread

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76064/the-oom-9-thread-4-9-a-new-thread/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

You've been pranking us

A little bit.
  • ROMG4
    1568 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

You've been pranking us

A little bit.

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

"You have performed beyond your parameters." - Nute Gunray (Star Wars: Galactic Battle-Grounds)

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."

"Open fire!" - OOM-9

The OOM-9 Thread

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76064/the-oom-9-thread-4-9-a-new-thread/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »

You've been pranking us

A little bit.

q7J7mpS.jpg
  • JarJar is an unoriginal and uninspiring director. I'm not happy with these new turn of events.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    I'll play devils advocate here. I don't think JJ ruined TFA, I think Disney studios did. Yes JJ was kind of at the top of the food chain and was the director and a co-writer, but many writers including JJ said a lot of their initial ideas that they claim were more interesting and original were shot down by Disney studios because they wanted to play TFA safe.

I'd agree, but Rogue One was so much better.

That's an opinion, sure. But if you're saying you WOULD agree, but you can't because RO was better, do realize TFA was the first Star Wars movie launching under the Disney studios name and it was the beginning of a new trilogy. Of course Disney cared more about playing TFA safe than RO because it was them making a first impression in the Star Wars universe.

I'm sure the studio got too involved with both movies and that frustrated the writers and directors, but I can easily see them micro managing TFA more than RO with familiarity.

As for my own opinion of RO, first time I saw it I wasn't that impressed. I loved the Star Wars-yness of it, but felt the characters were not fleshed out as well as they could've been. On the second viewing I thought the movie was much better, but I'd say it was as good as a solid FPS campaign. It was kind of similar to Halo Reach. I loved that game and thought the campaign was great. The story was good, but do I remember any of the characters that well? Nope. In the end it was a solid prequel for the main story. Same with RO. Solid. Good story. Ok characters. I'm happy with the product, but not passionate about it.

TFA had more memorable characters, but I can see why many didn't like these new memorable characters. And of course many didn't like the carbon copy plot. I get it, but the movie does successfully hit all the beats it needs to. I wish they'd done it in a more interesting way and with an original story, but I can't say it failed as a movie. It only failed in being original, and truthfully while I was hoping for more originality in my first viewing of TFA, I wasn't expecting it. Perhaps my lowered expectations saved my viewing experience.
  • 1. The force awakens isn't only bad due to a lack of originality.
    2. The force awakes being bad isn't the only reason JJ Abrams is a bad choice.
    Proud member of the cartoon club.

Ammo for battlefront!
  • TheStalker88
    4861 posts Member
    edited September 18
    JJ essentially killed Han and turned the movie into ANH 2.0. If it was a Japanese director of Dragon Balls Super or Naruto, things would be times better. What Disney needs is the originality of Japan's anime studios, not play it safe cutter directors.
  • bfloo
    5854 posts Member
    JJ essentially killed Han and turned the movie into ANH 2.0. If it was a Japanese director of Dragon Balls Super or Naruto, things would be times better. What Disney needs is the originality of Japan's anime studios, not play it safe cutter directors.

Hollywood in general needs originality back.

They keep remaking old movies, and manage to make most of them awful.
  • JJ essentially killed Han and turned the movie into ANH 2.0. If it was a Japanese director of Dragon Balls Super or Naruto, things would be times better. What Disney needs is the originality of Japan's anime studios, not play it safe cutter directors.

I was never a fan of JJ's movies however you can't blame him for Han Solo's death. Harrison Ford wanted Han Solo to die at the end of ROTJ, and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that a condition of his to return for TFA was that Han Solo was killed.
    Aliens live in my mailbox.
  • Yeah and Han did look like he wanted to retire from his smuggling Kessel run days.
  • JJ essentially killed Han and turned the movie into ANH 2.0. If it was a Japanese director of Dragon Balls Super or Naruto, things would be times better. What Disney needs is the originality of Japan's anime studios, not play it safe cutter directors.

Japanese Anime Directors?

Why? Anime Directors would not be good choices at all not only are the works incredibly different but they are entirely different Mediums

One is Animation and the other is Live-Action

Traveling, Working with Actors out side, Working with effects and Pyro stuff, working up dramatic shots and that is just barely scratching the surface of the difference between them

A Director may be good in one medium but that doesn't mean he'll be good in another. because he's never been trained for that he's gone in a different specialized field, I guess one might be good for a Creative consultant but than you would have to work with a language barrier and again only for creativity. drawing on original works and media from what you can get your hands on is a good idea though

Probably not Anime because Star Wars is not Anime
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

"Open fire!" - OOM-9

The OOM-9 Thread

• TheStalker88
    4861 posts Member
    edited September 19
    At least they would create something original, not release ANH 2.0 and they wouldn't do SW in anime style with chatty drama, angry spats or overexagerrated conflict intros. They would expand on the force and take it to the next level while maintaining the SW feel and SW atmosphere.
  • Yeah I'm pretty sure it was a Disney decision rather than JJ.
  • ROMG4
    1568 posts Member
    edited September 19
    At least they would create something original, not release ANH 2.0 and they wouldn't do SW in anime style with chatty drama, angry spats or overexagerrated conflict intros. They would expand on the force and take it to the next level while maintaining the SW feel and SW atmosphere.

And what are these Directors? and how do you know they would do this?

Granted I suppose I shouldn't be like that I do know of one Anime Director that did a Live-Action work very, very well

Hideaki Anno the Director for Shin Godzilla

I should know I met him once
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

"Open fire!" - OOM-9

The OOM-9 Thread

• It looks like the Johnson is even doing something worse than jj. According to some of the leaks, everything we thought we knew about the previous six films will now be somewhat changed.