criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Who is not Pre Ordering?

Prev13
Im waiting till well after launch this time to see what it is we are getting. I want a hero's Assault mode with many prequel Jedi. No trooper just Heros.
Also, longer matches and more diverse map rotations just to name a few things. Landing on ships and taking off from ground points as well as flying into space have all but been seemingly left out so i'm skeptical that much of what I wanted will make it into the final game.

Replies

  • I'm not preordering. I'm waiting to find out what we have for offline beyond the campaign confirmed.
  • I'm not preordering. I'm waiting to find out what we have for offline beyond the campaign confirmed.

    That's what I am waiting for.
  • After the last game, I'm never pre-ordering again.
    Ponds main

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • I'm not preordering. I'm waiting to find out what we have for offline beyond the campaign confirmed.

    Good call. It's the smartest thing to do, I didn't preorder the last one either. Come to think of it, I never preorder games, I'm waiting on the beta too, then I'll make up my mind from there.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Preorder gives you extended beta...
    You could still cancel afterwards if you don't like what you see.
    And they might understand cancelled preorders better than no preorder.
  • I'm never pre-ordering anything as a matter of principal. The product will be released, it will be reviewed by publications/reviewers/sites I follow (because their opinions about games match to a large degree what my opinions are about games) and if I like what these reviews say, I will then buy it. Or not. Nothing will change this stance of mine.
  • I'm not pre-ordering. I don't want to destroy this game.
  • bfloo
    14528 posts Member
    Maybe after the beta.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • I'm not preordering. I'm waiting to find out what we have for offline beyond the campaign confirmed.

    Pretty much this. I'm not pre-ordering so much as I am just waiting for some kind of reveal or more information. I will not lie, though, if the offline component turns out to be what I'm hoping for, I will be significantly more likely to buy the game when it releases.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Totally respect people who don't preorder this game, especially after the last one.
    I'm just a sucker for Star Wars games, and skins, lol. I respect everyone's willpower here
  • NickygUrl wrote: »
    Totally respect people who don't preorder this game, especially after the last one.
    I'm just a sucker for Star Wars games, and skins, lol. I respect everyone's willpower here
    Pretty much same here
  • Only reason I'm considering preordering is because of those TLJ skins. I'd rather just get them than try my luck with the loot boxes or however we'll end up getting skins. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother at all even though at this point I know I'm likely to get the game anyway.

    Still, I'm going to wait until after the beta if I do end up preordering.
  • Only reason I'm considering preordering is because of those TLJ skins. I'd rather just get them than try my luck with the loot boxes or however we'll end up getting skins. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother at all even though at this point I know I'm likely to get the game anyway.

    Still, I'm going to wait until after the beta if I do end up preordering.

    I pre-orderd because I put almost 800 hrs into the first which was bare bones. Although I did preoreder Andromeda and have been kicking my self in the balls ever since
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    x I am still not going to pre-order. I don't really need early access. I can play the beta without it and the Rey and Kylo skins are also no reason to pre-order for me. Maybe if I had more information, I would pre-order or an option to select two of six skins (3 eras).
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Although I did preoreder Andromeda and have been kicking my self in the balls ever since

    Same here. I know the feeling.

    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • bfloo
    14528 posts Member
    Unless you are actually getting the disk, why even preorder?

    I preordered one game on X1 and for my trouble I got to do the 2 hour download twice.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Haters are not preordering
  • I don't have anywhere near the willpower not to pre-order. I would get it at midnight if I could.
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Haters are not preordering

    As well as careful conscientious consumers, but don't let me stop you.
  • I got the elite edition because styerr wraz
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    I got the elite edition because styerr wraz

    I got it solely for the early access.
  • Shinjuku wrote: »
    I'm not preordering. I'm waiting to find out what we have for offline beyond the campaign confirmed.

    Good call. It's the smartest thing to do, I didn't preorder the last one either. Come to think of it, I never preorder games, I'm waiting on the beta too, then I'll make up my mind from there.

    I regrettingly did preorder EAfront2015, but it was more about preordering the Vader PS4 because I was worried they might sell fast. They didn't sell that fast since plenty of people already had a PS4. I didn't. The last game I preordered before that was ES5:Skyrim and it did turn out to be my favorite game of all time, but because of its initial state on the PS3 I did feel bad for supporting them ahead of launch. I luckily got it for the 360.

    If I were to ever preorder again it'd probably be ES6, but even that I might stay away from unless there's just a preorder bonus I can't pass up. The upcoming BF2 is easy for me to not preorder because of the state of the last game. I gladly can say I still got a lot of enjoyment out of it, but as a gamer I was upset by the initial release.

    I will play the upcoming beta, but I don't think it can sway me to purchase day 1. I need 100% confirmation of all offline content and options and I'll probably be getting that info here from those that do buy day 1. From there I can decide, but even if it does have everything I want I still might wait and see if there's a price drop on Black Friday. This year I did buy Horizon Zero Dawn on day 1 because of positive early reviews. I didn't regret my purchase. Battlefront 2 has the possibility to sway me for an early purchase, but the taste in my mouth from 2015 tells me otherwise.
  • Preorder gives you extended beta...
    You could still cancel afterwards if you don't like what you see.
    And they might understand cancelled preorders better than no preorder.

    Finally some sense being talked here
  • I preordered Day 1 practically. Not regretting it at all.
  • I preordered Day 1 practically. Not regretting it at all.

    Lol same here
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Anyone know if people who haven't bought the game will be able to continue posting on the forums?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I went ahead and pre-ordered for PC. My biggest concern is that the System requirements aren't yet posted. Hopefully the current rig has enough ponies to run the game adequately.
  • bfloo
    14528 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Anyone know if people who haven't bought the game will be able to continue posting on the forums?

    I haven't seen a definite answer either way.

    It will prob depend on if the trolls run wild again
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Anyone know if people who haven't bought the game will be able to continue posting on the forums?

    It probably won't be that way. When the last game came around we could still post before the open beta and pre-release. I doubt things would change here.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • This is the exact kind of thread we dont need
  • LERXST wrote: »
    This is the exact kind of thread we dont need

    Why not? Because it has concerned conscientious consumers exercising freedom of thought to discuss their worries?

    I disagree with posters a lot. I love that they have the ability to speak. Keep speaking, but don't tell us we shouldn't.
  • CommanderMagge
    105 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    i preorder it, because i have hope on this one and i think they learned theyr lesson hopefully with the last one, also no Season pass is a big plus for me and if they Keep releasing new Content every 1/4 of a year im happy with it.
  • LERXST wrote: »
    This is the exact kind of thread we dont need

    Why not? Because it has concerned conscientious consumers exercising freedom of thought to discuss their worries?

    I disagree with posters a lot. I love that they have the ability to speak. Keep speaking, but don't tell us we shouldn't.

    They've been working so hard on this game and will still be working plenty hard after launch. We should be happy we're even able to play an up to date battlefront in only a couple months
  • Give them the credit they deserve
  • CurbUrSkyrImC4
    828 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    LERXST wrote: »
    LERXST wrote: »
    This is the exact kind of thread we dont need

    Why not? Because it has concerned conscientious consumers exercising freedom of thought to discuss their worries?

    I disagree with posters a lot. I love that they have the ability to speak. Keep speaking, but don't tell us we shouldn't.

    They've been working so hard on this game and will still be working plenty hard after launch. We should be happy we're even able to play an up to date battlefront in only a couple months

    You're right. The game looks beautiful and I'm sure the DICE team has and will continue to work hard for this game. That doesn't absolve them of all concerns or criticisms from consumers.

    I'm not here to krap on a game that hasn't been released yet. I'm here to talk about preordering. Overall, I don't find preordering ever to be a very good thing. I'm not trying to chain people and keep them from preordering. They can exercise that right and I can exercise the right to not. I can also use my right to think and speak to talk about my right to not preorder.

    And with that I use more specific reasons about my personal tastes for a game like this of what I'd want in order to buy the game day 1. As I said, talk about why you're excited for this game and why you preordered. I welcome it. If you don't like my posts, memorize my name here and when you see my name don't read my posts. You have that choice, too. Preferably, don't respond to my posts if you don't read them, but you still have a right to.

    This board is for sharing opinions.
    LERXST wrote: »
    Give them the credit they deserve

    And the criticism they deserve. I work hard at my job, but still have shortcomings, as I'm human. I don't expect to be patted on the back when I make mistakes. I also don't expect to be yelled at if I do something right. There is ALWAYS room for improvement. Human or product.
  • Ok then
  • LERXST wrote: »
    Give them the credit they deserve

    Credit they deserve?

    In that case..... cancel all orders!!!
  • LERXST wrote: »
    Give them the credit they deserve

    Credit they deserve?

    In that case..... cancel all orders!!!

    God I love this guy
  • Raise your hang if you're a developer....oh that's right
  • LERXST wrote: »
    Raise your hang if you're a developer....oh that's right

    Raise your hands. Participation Stars coming your way!!!
  • Personally I'm satisfied with it already, looks like a ton of fun to play in the prequels in HD. While hopefully having better match making as I'm often matched up with among the most horrendous possible players in any videogame ever. The skill based match making in the last game was really bad. That's how people went on huge killstreaks, its because the enemy were extremely inexperienced in how the game works.

    I hope they improve upon that a bunch when the beta arrives.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • I pre-ordered because it was 49$ cad instead of 79$ regular price as part of the promo.
  • I preordered.... I still play the first one and find fun in it. I know I'll enjoy this as well.

    Bring on the war in the stars!

  • _____
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm not convinced yet. As much as things seems to be going in the right direction, there's always that other thing going in the opposite.

    I won't make the same mistake I made last time and pre-order the game after seeing the first cinematic trailer.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I would love to pre-order the game but somehow I am a bit afraid of the cash shop.
    If Dice and EA are making this game for the fans as they claim ... then they better make a video regarding the store.
    - What we can buy
    - How it works
    - what the perks are
    - store vs non store user in time and strength.

    If they can show me that there is 0 pay to win I will pre-order on the spot the deluxe edition.
    Played the first battlefront on and off ... I believe battlefront 2 gameplay and content wise will be great I trust Dice in that.

    If they would sell:
    - skins (heroes and classes)
    - Heroes
    - xp boosters
    - new vehicles
    - new classes
    - emotes
    - even new single player modes

    I wouldn't mind the store and would be happy to spend some extra on it.

    Hope Dice/EA make a video or post regarding the store in the coming days / week before the beta.

    Best regards,
    A wandering Jawa
  • Nope, I pre ordered. I also would doubt that anyone that spends lots of time on these forums are on the fence about buying the game.
  • bfloo
    14528 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Nope, I pre ordered. I also would doubt that anyone that spends lots of time on these forums are on the fence about buying the game.

    I'm not on the fence about buying, I'm on the fence about paying full price or waiting for a 50% off sale.

    The legendary cards being locked behind rng is a big turn off.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • I just need to see more before I can make any kind of commitment. If something comes up that I do like, even then I'm doubting I'll pre-order. Its just whatever I see before release determines how soon I buy it.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • I won't be. I never pre-order games anymore as I was burned to many times. Plus I'm on the fence with this game. I only played offline Coop on the first one, and was mad the dlc didn't include the bots for deathstar. I play with my son, but am not good enough to play online. Anyways I am waiting for reviews to see how far Coop goes before I buy.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!