criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Battlefront finally rated T

Just for all of you that don't know yet, Star Wars Battlefront 2 has finally been rated T. (Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see) Time to close all those threads on battlefront having gore, or swearing. (Just letting ya'll know). Are you happy or disappointed with this turnout?
I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.

Replies

• Um. Knew this would happen? There will never be a mature rated star wars game. never has been, never will be. I'm fine with it, star wars is for kids and adults alike.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Um. Knew this would happen? There will never be a mature rated star wars game. never has been, never will be. I'm fine with it, star wars is for kids and adults alike.

I assumed so. There was always this fear in the back of my head though.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • Lol nothing to worry about man. Star wars will always be for a pg or pg13 audience. Less money to be made on the rated R or mature ratings, let alone gore/swearing just do not fit in this franchise.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Um. Knew this would happen? There will never be a mature rated star wars game. never has been, never will be. I'm fine with it, star wars is for kids and adults alike.

Yes, it has been, if it wasn't for Disney;

Star Wars 1313 was rated M before it got cancelled
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    What are the warnings on it? Wouldn't be surprised if language is now added to the list considering what's been found in the audio files.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • So could they allow light saber decapitation?
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    So could they allow light saber decapitation?
    Ahsoka decapitated Mandalorians in TCW.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

That's true.
    The force unleashed 2 was rated T & has lightsaber decapitation so it's indeed a possibility.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• What are the warnings on it? Wouldn't be surprised if language is now added to the list considering what's been found in the audio files.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, it says T for violence.
  • With the whole swearing thing, the only things I think they should or could put in are very mild ones, like (h)ell and dam (you know what it is). That's really about it, as anything else will start to push the rating.

For dismemberment, that is up to them. I know they aren't going to go anywhere near MK gore levels (and for good reason). I'd like to see some saber-marks and slashes on troopers, and that won't cause any trouble with the rating. As for decapitation, bisection, and dismemberment, that is really up to them. They can definitely add it to the game, since other titles had the same with a T rating. But it might hurt their audience. So, similar to what For Honor or many games with gore and blood have, allow players to have the option to "Disable Dismemberment", and all that happens is Ragdoll physics and the Slash-marks that the Lightsabers make.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »

That's true.
    The force unleashed 2 was rated T & has lightsaber decapitation so it's indeed a possibility.

Ain't gonna happen
  • LERXST wrote: »

That's true.

Ain't gonna happen

Probably not. Potentially, but probably not. Most likely Lightsaber-marks and slashes on armor and walls (like what was shown, that attention to detail is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING). Droids seem like they will be able to be disassembled.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • In other news:
    Water is wet. Update at 11.
  • In other news:

Wow! Thanks for the update on water! I was starting to wonder.
  • Warrior wrote: »
    In other news:

Wow! Thanks for the update on water! I was starting to wonder.

Next up: Fire is hot.

I'm TheGeneral122513, and this is Channel 12 News.

• hmmm, they just took the rating off their site. Any ideas why?
    hmmm, they just took the rating off their site. Any ideas why?

Too much speculation?

Too much speculation?

yea, probably. (Thanks for the update of fire.)
    Warrior wrote: »

Too much speculation?

yea, probably. (Thanks for the update of fire.)

No problemo, compadre.

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I think it's for the best.

I remember wanting a shooting game years ago but my mom wouldn't let me get COD because it was M rated.
  • doesn't surprise me..
    Check out the Battlefront PC Discord: https://discord.gg/ddB5F5P
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

I remember wanting a shooting game years ago but my mom wouldn't let me get COD because it was M rated.

I remember that time-frame...

• EvazanJr wrote: »

yea, same!