criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

LET'S TALK ABOUT MICRO TRANSACTION AND THE GRIND

Knowing that most micro transaction today involve spending real world money is a method developers use to earn income. Players may either play the game to earn upgrades or Skins in lieu of this but, the question is, "How much time will we need to play to earn what others can simply purchase with cash?"

Replies

• Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Just a fair heads up: thread titles in all caps is a no-no.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • It means shouting and shouting is evil.
  • question is, "How much time will we need to play to earn what others can simply purchase with cash?"

They'll probably make it real grindy, so that it'd push people into the direction of paying for it instead of having to actually play for it.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Way too early to say. But yes, in this game you will pretty much pay as a replacement for time in terms of progression yet there is also skill which you don't get by paying.

EDIT: forgot to mention this is much better for the game

Quizolio wrote: »
    Just a fair heads up: thread titles in all caps is a no-no.
    It means shouting and shouting is evil.
    Also, These
  • It means shouting and shouting is evil.

From my point of view the Jedi are evil!
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

I TAKE THAT AS A MICRO AGGRESSION.

LET'S TALK ABOUT MICRO AGGRESSIONS AND JEDI
  • They are gonna have to make the trooper deluxe content some sort of grind to justify the extra expense.
  • bfloo
    14408 posts Member
    I don't mind the grind if I know what I'm going to get.
    I enjoyed working for the Shadow Trooper skin.

Grinding for rng doesn't motivate me.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

We don't say Jedi anymore that's outdated and problematic language, we say 'people with midichlorian privilege.'

We don't say Jedi anymore that's outdated and problematic language, we say 'people with midichlorian privilege.'

Did you just make a new meme?

This will become legendary...

Back on topic, they'll make it probably similar to how For Honor had it, where it would take you 2.4 ish years straight (like, all you did was play this game, eat in between matches) to unlock and complete everything. However, if you had the money to spend, that would be all gone as fast as you can play them...

They got really bad PR about that, so they reworked the system so you get stuff faster and cheaper (through grinding, not using real life money).
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames

tumblr_o7gdnuxxqj1qhnz07o1_500.gif?w=636HTTP3JlaGFiZm9ydGhlZmFidWxvdXMuY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDE1LzEwL3NhbXVlbC1sLWphY2tzb24tbWFjZS13aW5kdS10aGlzLXBhcnR5cy1vdmVyLmdpZgloglog.gifd22c8697a71909c1d64080c977f61e879ce60fae_hq.gif

:D ^
  • bfloo wrote: »
    I don't mind the grind if I know what I'm going to get.
    I enjoyed working for the Shadow Trooper skin.

Grinding for rng doesn't motivate me.

This... I certainly expect it to try & trick people into paying instead, just as the Halo 5 REQ system with some of the more limited time packs back in the days.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • I see this happening once an admin sees the ALL CAPS title

1wg4mt.gif
    1pw96s.gif
  • I have no problem paying.

I really don't have the time to be grinding. What time I do have I want to be playing.

Grinding to me is not playing. It's work. I already work at my job. I don't want to work while playing a game. I want to play the game while playing the game.

I also did not like having to pay money for the DLC in order to have the privilege of having to grind to get weapons from Jabba the Hutt.

If you're going to make people grind for stuff than there should be no cost to it. No one should have to pay real money just for the right to grind to unlock something. Grinding should be free that anyone can do as soon as they load the game.

• sah227
    125 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Are we really gonna talk about this? You have choices in your life! Just shut up about micros and just play the game! And also, I don't care about grinds, I really don't.
  • I'll probably put enough hours in to easily do the grind
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • sah227 wrote: »
    Are we really gonna talk about this? You have choices in your life! Just shut up about micros and just play the game! And also, I don't care about grinds, I really don't.

• sah227 wrote: »
    You have choices in your life!
    Like moving on to the next thread?
    sah227 wrote: »
    Are we really gonna talk about this?
    sah227 wrote: »
    And also, I don't care about grinds, I really don't
    Looks like you wanted to talk about it after all.

• Everyone. Just wait and you'll see that it isn't some toxic progression system.

I have no problem paying.

I really don't have the time to be grinding. What time I do have I want to be playing.

Grinding to me is not playing. It's work. I already work at my job. I don't want to work while playing a game. I want to play the game while playing the game.

I also did not like having to pay money for the DLC in order to have the privilege of having to grind to get weapons from Jabba the Hutt.

If you're going to make people grind for stuff than there should be no cost to it. No one should have to pay real money just for the right to grind to unlock something. Grinding should be free that anyone can do as soon as they load the game.
    I've learned You can't get so caught up in grinding that you get angry. That's why I try to just casually grinded out hutt contracts and am fine with them being gone.

:D
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Aren't legendaries unattainable through grind. Those are strictly for money spenders
  • NightFury wrote: »
    Aren't legendaries unattainable through grind. Those are strictly for money spenders

No, they can only be obtained through lootboxes. Duplicates and random chance give you parts that can be used to create and upgrade lower tier star cards. So the Legendarys are rng but you can get them just by playing.
    Aren't legendaries unattainable through grind. Those are strictly for money spenders

No, they can only be obtained through lootboxes. Duplicates and random chance give you parts that can be used to create and upgrade lower tier star cards. So the Legendarys are rng but you can get them just by playing.

This is why I can't be mad about it, if you can put a few hundred hours in and the drop chances are high enough to obtain everything in that period, there's no issue.

People who can't play as much due to work commitments can give themselves a boost and sure there'll be a tiny, tiny minority of players who drop hundreds of dollars and then play constantly and are also very skilled, but for continued support of the game and free dlc that's a very good trade off.

This system, as long as the rng chances are well balanced, is so much more desirable than what we got last time it's ridiculous. All responsible deserve praise for this.

Awesome. Sounds great but I still feel like it really won't be a full rng. It'll probably loop through a few times set on arranged probability before it starts one count on the rng.