criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New Announcement Trailer

13Next

Replies

• One wonders if we are getting all 18 will be at launch or dispensed in their 'seasons'? Really that's 18 planets, not 18 maps. So conceivably with 5 modes per planet, that's... 70 MAPS????
  • Is there day and night cycles?

I honestly haven't kept up with the info
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    Is there day and night cycles?

Not that I'm aware of. But hopefully it will be a thing or it could just kinda be random on whether it will be night time on the map
  • dada_shift wrote: »

No, but times of day will be different on certain maps. For example, Theed is daytime, Endor is night, Hoth is sunset, etc.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    dada_shift wrote: »

No, but times of day will be different on certain maps. For example, Theed is daytime, Endor is night, Hoth is sunset, etc.

There should be a mix of both
  • One wonders if we are getting all 18 will be at launch or dispensed in their 'seasons'? Really that's 18 planets, not 18 maps. So conceivably with 5 modes per planet, that's... 70 MAPS????

I'm guessing if that was the case.... that number would've been plastered in all caps about six times in the trailer. Especially with all the other comparisons they were making.

More likely 18 planets/18 maps, with the smaller modes happening within zoned off areas of the big mode map. Just spitballin, though.

I'm guessing if that was the case.... that number would've been plastered in all caps about six times in the trailer. Especially with all the other comparisons they were making.

More likely 18 planets/18 maps, with the smaller modes happening within zoned off areas of the big mode map. Just spitballin, though.

But in the trailers they showed the room in Theed where Darth Maul did some roly-polies and stabbed Liam Neeson. Haven't seen that as part of the GA map so I'm guessing that makes it at least nineteen.

But in the trailers they showed the room in Theed where Darth Maul did some roly-polies and stabbed Liam Neeson. Haven't seen that as part of the GA map so I'm guessing that makes it at least nineteen.

More maps, the better!
    Let's get Bowser's Castle in there and I'm gonna go hog wild with Maul.
  • First Look at Imperial Officer
    sV5amhc.png

That's an AT-AT Commander, not imperial officer.
  • First Look at Imperial Officer
    sV5amhc.png

That's an AT-AT Commander, not imperial officer.

No, that is the armour of an Imperial Officer. AT-AT Commanders were Imperial Officers, such as Veers who was a High General of the Imperial Army. This amour was also seen worn by Grand Admiral Thrawn in Rebels and was coloured white because the armour matches the colours of the uniform worn by the officer.
    hqdefault.jpg
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu

• :))))))
    0b0d6a08_o.png

• Oh wow it gets better, there's a long version...

FINALLY.

Bummer that they couldn't get Obi-Wan and Grievous done in time for launch. Oh well, at least they'll be free relatively soon. And hey, 14 heroes is still a lot better than 6.

stop comparing it to battlefront 1 EVERYTHING IS BETTER THAN BATTLEFRONT 1. Compare it to games that are not severely lacking content. if you compare it to bf1 its great. if you look from a birds eye view 14 heroes means 2 or three per era which sucks ****.
  • Kavian wrote: »
    Oh wow it gets better, there's a long version...

FINALLY.

Bummer that they couldn't get Obi-Wan and Grievous done in time for launch. Oh well, at least they'll be free relatively soon. And hey, 14 heroes is still a lot better than 6.

stop comparing it to battlefront 1 EVERYTHING IS BETTER THAN BATTLEFRONT 1. Compare it to games that are not severely lacking content. if you compare it to bf1 its great. if you look from a birds eye view 14 heroes means 2 or three per era which sucks ****.

• 9 heroes are from previous game, only 5 new heroes.....
  • N7Spartan95
    783 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Kavian wrote: »

FINALLY.

Pretty sure I responded to a thread of yours earlier where you were making the same complaints, so I direct you to my post there. Besides, with the post-launch support this game is getting, in the long run it'll end up having more content than the original BFII could ever dream of having, and at no extra cost. I choose to be an optimist in this situation and exercise patience. You wanna mope, be my guest.

EDIT: Also, you suck at math. Tell me, what's 14 divided by 3?

FINALLY.

Pretty sure I responded to a thread of yours earlier where you were making the same complaints, so I direct you to my post there. Besides, with the post-launch support this game is getting, in the long run it'll end up having more content than the original BFII could ever dream of having, and at no extra cost. I choose to be an optimist in this situation and exercise patience. You wanna mope, be my guest.

4-5 hero characters unevenly distributed across eras. we only get maul and yoda for prequels, most other heroes are og trilogy which we had enough of with bf1, and some heroes in the new trilogy
    Kavian wrote: »

FINALLY.

4-5 hero characters unevenly distributed across eras. we only get maul and yoda for prequels, most other heroes are og trilogy which we had enough of with bf1, and some heroes in the new trilogy

At least this time it looks like DICE has covered all the important bases as far as the OT roster goes. Han, Luke, Leia, and CHEWBACCA are all in at launch, and Lando might be in as well. They don't have to add too many more characters to that era, leaving them free to focus more heavily on the PT and ST post-launch.
  • :))))))
    0b0d6a08_o.png

Anakin should say me not obi wan lol
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo
  • I don't know why everyone always acts so butt hurt over the heroes. The majority of the game is gonna be played as just a normal infantryman. The game isn't beimg made for the heroes, that's what stuff like Galaxy of Heroes is for. This game is about playing as a stormtrooper or battle droid and getting your boots on the ground. The maps and weapons/gadget variety is far more important to me because that's what will be in use the majority of the time.
  • But everyone wants to be a hero, man. Yeah it's just a bonus to your team for a limited time, but it sure is fun to have that momentary dominance, and why not be able to express yourself with as many choices as possible? I'm not upset with 14 at launch. That's amazing. I'll be disappointed if we don't get several more fan favorites.