criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Luke vs Maul, why can one block and not the other?

13Next

Replies

• Ouch. I wish HvV was available, at least on Naboo.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    He will lose alot in Heroes vs Villains. Just watch him get blocked by Luke and then smacked with counter attacks. No blocks means no way to avoid sustaining any damage from other heroes.

FACTS. He'd get countered all day long by Luke Skywalker and other Jedi, the only way you'd have a chance is if you stalk & then try to get the drop on Luke, even that's a gamble. I wonder how much health Luke is going to have, 750? Or the same as Darth Maul & Rey which is 700. Is HvV mode available on the beta?
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Kavian
    339 posts Member
    He will lose alot in Heroes vs Villains. Just watch him get blocked by Luke and then smacked with counter attacks. No blocks means no way to avoid sustaining any damage from other heroes.
    the only way id even start considering hed be ok without a block would be if you pressed the sidestep button before a strike then you'd smoothly an completly dodge that attack and could counter attack immediately

• Shinjuku wrote: »

FACTS. He'd get countered all day long by Luke Skywalker and other Jedi, the only way you'd have a chance is if you stalk & then try to get the drop on Luke, even that's a gamble. I wonder how much health Luke is going to have, 750? Or the same as Darth Maul & Rey which is 700. Is HvV mode available on the beta?

Yeah you would have to attack indirectly, only counterattack or surprise attack.
  • Kavian wrote: »
    the only way id even start considering hed be ok without a block would be if you pressed the sidestep button before a strike then you'd smoothly an completly dodge that attack and could counter attack immediately

That's actually a cool idea.

And it's much easier for them to implement Han a block, if it really is that much work.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I just can't do this "here's what's going to happen I know it for a certainty" intellectual dishonesty.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    I just can't do this "here's what's going to happen I know it for a certainty" intellectual dishonesty.

• Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Seriously

Can't believe how much complaining I'm seeing about a game that hasn't even been released yet, and obviously no one here has played a second of

Next thing will be after playing the beta for like 2 mins it will be this is op or this needs a nerf, they have ruined heroes, the list of **** is going to be endless I can see

When you have had the game and played it for a period of time your opinion is valid but all the **** pre release is embarrassing
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    IKR, I was wondering if anyone was gonna say based off experience in the closed beta people formed opinions on Maul but it's all conjecture and speculation based off subjective views of random gameplay.

The community really F'd up Bfront 2015 so I hope the devs aren't at beck and call again for every complaint as soon as it rolls in.

It's not just embarrassing people are crying now, it's cringe-worthy.

This is the Internet. You must be new here. ;-D

But yeah, when they screwed with Walker Assault, they messed it up BAD. It was GREAT at first. A real challenge for the Rebel side. After they lowed Walker health it was ****.

What has this got to do with people complaining about something that they literally have zero knowledge of

Come back to me in 3 months when the game has been played for a few weeks, then If Maul is getting his ***** handed to him by Luke then yeah fair enough the cry babies will have been right about his lack of blocking ability

Until then, how about looking forward to playing something new and not looking at faults before you know any better

• Indiana_Jim
    2071 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    You're clearly not paying attention if you said this to me, the Captain of the Wait-til-you-played-it-I-loved-the-first-Battlefront-it-wasn't-that-bad crowd. I tell people to quit whining about Maul and to wait til they've played it, you tell me to wait till I've played it. Then I mention how whiners caused the developers to ruin a perfectly good game mode, and I should look forward to playing it. I am. I do. Clearly.

Please try to follow along before you lump me in with the people who are complaining in advance.
  • DICE adds block to Maul, World doesn't end, Authenticity saved. Would like to see heroes / vehicles / special infantry / normal infantry more accurate to the Star Wars Universe. If adding block to Maul makes him too powerful them make him more expensive, I would rather see an authentic and accurate hero than one that is modified and dumbed down just so its "balanced" and obtainable by everyone, and that goes for everything in the game.
  • Kavian
    339 posts Member
    Kavian wrote: »

And it's much easier for them to implement Han a block, if it really is that much work.

Gonna assume you meant "than" and not "han" it'd be pretty ridiculous to give him a block haha
  • My prediction.. Yoda will be the same
  • Kavian wrote: »
    Kavian wrote: »

Gonna assume you meant "than" and not "han" it'd be pretty ridiculous to give him a block haha

Lol yeah. Sorry 'bout that.
    Degener8 wrote: »
    My prediction.. Yoda will be the same

I already beat you to it.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    If he can really be countered so harshly by EVERYONE like Luke

Then why in every single video featuring Maul he butchers Rey and Han Solo with ease?

How can he be so hard-countered by other mobile characters with block when every time he comes across one he destroys them? And why do you think the Devs would actually make their most hyped up character USELESS?

Do any of you remember how over-powered Boba Fett was at Launch in the first game? He was like Bossk with a Jump-Pack and he was hyped up the same as Maul though Maul is to a even greater degree
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • SSJSnoop
    2099 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I can't wait to play the Beta and put all the crying, b-itching, and moaning to rest.
  • Degener8 wrote: »
    My prediction.. Yoda will be the same

Yeah that's a high possibility. Yoda would also match Maul in speed and ruthlessness. Still, if even so, even if they can chain attacks way faster and put bigger holes in their opponents, give them block because out in the open with no where to shield themselves or run off to they will get butchered. Heroes are even weaker than in the last game and in the last game they died easily as well.
  • They should tone down his Saber Dash so he goes really far, but can only do it once before cool down.

Then giving him the block ability wouldn't be OP.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • What in the world is with the misinformation from a few of you members... Maul DEFINITELY needs a block, or the hero health system needs to revert to what it was, that is the consensus at the moment. The update to hero health negatively effects him the most and it requires you to approach playing as him differently...
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    If he can really be countered so harshly by EVERYONE like Luke

Then why in every single video featuring Maul he butchers Rey and Han Solo with ease?

How can he be so hard-countered by other mobile characters with block when every time he comes across one he destroys them? And why do you think the Devs would actually make their most hyped up character USELESS?

Do any of you remember how over-powered Boba Fett was at Launch in the first game? He was like Bossk with a Jump-Pack and he was hyped up the same as Maul though Maul is to a even greater degree
    That is a blatant lie, in the video you linked me in the other thread Maul had to run from a face to face close engagement with Rey because the player new he would've got torn apart. And there's at least one vid I know of where a Han player recks Maul. Plenty of heavy troopers & standard infantry have dropped him as well, he dies in like 3-4 shots to a scatter gun.

I'm guessing you haven't actually played the beta yourself...
  • One of the videos from my channel:

• Maul got smashed in half by a raging obi wan so his appearance in the movie was limited anyway. I guess they wanted to show that here with his ability. A ruthless killer who may due fast
  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Unoder wrote: »
    That is a blatant lie, in the video you linked me in the other thread Maul had to run from a face to face close engagement with Rey because the player new he would've got torn apart.

Umm, that was just how the player played you know like a SANE person

He made sure that he had a advantage over the Rey Player without being shot at by Clones no unnecessary risks

Umm, people should be always cautious and not Leeroy Jenkins

I can link you several videos where Maul fights Rey and Han in the middle of the throne room and trashes both of them if you need that
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • I suck with Maul. Died very quickly because it was the final push for the throne room and I was trying to take out as many as I could as fast as I could. But no hero should expect to go into the middle of a room like that and survive. No Jedi or Sith survives that. Don't make a stup1d mistake and expect to be rewarded.

I have seen other players who absolutely dominate with Maul. Other villains may be better suited to your play style, that's what we call normal.
    Unoder wrote: »
    The update to hero health negatively effects him the most and it requires you to approach playing as him differently...

Um... DUH?
  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    I suck with Maul. Died very quickly because it was the final push for the throne room and I was trying to take out as many as I could as fast as I could. But no hero should expect to go into the middle of a room like that and survive. No Jedi or Sith survives that. Don't make a stup1d mistake and expect to be rewarded.

Unless you are Bossk or Chewbacca

Then POWERRRRRRRRRR
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • One of the videos from my channel:

I'll agree that to die that fast is silly. No problem. Upping his health so that he could survive that would be logical, I would think.

But him having a block doesn't fix that. Nowhere in the video would he have had time (or thought) to block the shot. Upon sight it is an immediate attack, no thought to guard.
  • Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Seriously

Can't believe how much complaining I'm seeing about a game that hasn't even been released yet, and obviously no one here has played a second of

Next thing will be after playing the beta for like 2 mins it will be this is op or this needs a nerf, they have ruined heroes, the list of **** is going to be endless I can see

When you have had the game and played it for a period of time your opinion is valid but all the **** pre release is embarrassing

IKR, I was wondering if anyone was gonna say based off experience in the closed beta people formed opinions on Maul but it's all conjecture and speculation based off subjective views of random gameplay.

The community really F'd up Bfront 2015 so I hope the devs aren't at beck and call again for every complaint as soon as it rolls in.

It's not just embarrassing people are crying now, it's cringe-worthy.

Not really. The concern is pretty valid. Every other non blaster hero can deflect damage it's pretty concerning when his defense is completely stripped and he's not given much of anything in return. Especially when people love the character.

Just seems a bit silly...considering one of his force abilities is incredibly narrow and his strongest attack actually pushes people away...which last I checked 90 percent of the people in this game have PROJECTILES.

No defense + "get away from me" attacks = strange.

And can we stop with the "everyone crying" nonsense? Most people are just curious while other people have just cause to worry about balance.

How about giving Maul a force pull ability, where he could pull all nearby enemies towards him, then you could decimate them with the saber dash that he has. (Pull the enemies to a point where their ranged weapons will be of little to no effect, plus they'll be momentarily stunned before a blur of two red blades light into them.)
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    One of the videos from my channel:

That clone trooper literally 2 hit and smited you, that's clearly not right. If you were able to block with Darth Maul, that would not of happened. First a heavy mauls him then a officer beats him down to death, now this? I'm sorry but I stick by what I say, due to this new hero health system heroes are no different from reinforcements. Darth Maul will be the hero who will be feeling the brunt of all these new terrible changes. DICE needs to hurry up and correct their errors already.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Kylo already has that.
  • Kylo already has that.

Who? And what do they have?
  • This is why Darth Maul needs a block