criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Bf2 questions.

When preordering what do they mean by "enhanced trooper classes"? I don't want to pick the game up day one and be beaten by people who preordered the game giving them more attack and defense, etc.

Does it play at all like the first?

How much annoying stuff is there? In the first game I took a break for about a year. Started playing again and there's a lot of really annoying stuff that gives players irritating advantages.

What are the different classes like? I'm excited yet worried. I don't want to use a class I don't like or equipment/star cards I don't like in order to feel efficient on the battlefield. I liked the first one I that I could simply pick a weapon and two star cards I liked and dominate with them rather than picking weapons and star cards that felt OP.

Thanks. I know the beta is a couple days away but I want to make sure I still have the ability to pre order the elite trooper edition if I enjoy the game

Replies

• I think the trooper bonuses for pre-ordering are all things you can eventually unlock by playing. You're just getting early access. As to the rest of it...

Beta access at the end of the week should give us all a better idea.
  • Well that's kinda lame. I know the first battlefront game they had you pay extra money for stuff you unlock anyway... don't really want to spend more money to get a perk a few matches early
  • Well here's the thing. Yes by paying you get a slight advantage over other people.

BUT

We get free post launch content.

I have played a lot of mobile games that are like this and I honestly don't mind it.
  • Frimmel wrote: »
    I think the trooper bonuses for pre-ordering are all things you can eventually unlock by playing. You're just getting early access. As to the rest of it...

Beta access at the end of the week should give us all a better idea.
    Yes by going deluxe you just get a head start. In the form of both time and in-game weapons.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Well here's the thing. Yes by paying you get a slight advantage over other people.

BUT

I have played a lot of mobile games that are like this and I honestly don't mind it.

Fair enough. Very valid points. Kind of silly to get the deluxe edition if that's really all you get if you think about it
  • Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Well here's the thing. Yes by paying you get a slight advantage over other people.

BUT

Fair enough. Very valid points. Kind of silly to get the deluxe edition if that's really all you get if you think about it

I'm not incompetent but I don't rank up very fast and grinding till I've got all the options isn't what it once was for me so a few fairly far down the road unlocks are tempting especially without looking at adding the fifty bucks or whatever for the DLC pass that is typical of these games these days.
  • Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »

BUT

Main reason I'm getting is for 3 day early access.