criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The OOM-9 Thread 9.9: The Phantom Droid

ROMG4
2295 posts Member
So what is OOM-9?

OOM-9 was not just the B1-Battle Droid Commander of the Invasion Of Naboo from Episode 1 The Phantom Menace, but a member of Nute Gunray's Bodyguard squad. his advanced tactics and cunning enabled the small covert detachment of Battle Droids he led to secretly land successfully and knock out the Naboo's communications satellites before the well armed Naboo Security Forces detachment could use them to send word to the Republic that they were being invaded a incident that would have crippled the invasion

As well as recapturing the Droid Control program later on, that the Naboo were able to obtain thanks to the inferiority of the other Droid Commanders involved in the invasion. all the while crushing the remaining resistance from the Security Forces and routing the Gungans to their last place of refugee

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/OOM-9/Legends

640?cb=20111008201653
OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
The OOM-9 Thread
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

Replies

• OOM-9 is not in this game
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    OOM-9 would make a fine addition. There isn't a better commander out there for the prequel era!
    LimitedHighCockatiel-max-1mb.gif
  • Old meme
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • The community is asking
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    OOM-9 is not in this game
    Obviously otherwise I wouldn't have made this Campaign Thread

Even just a little Easter Egg
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

• For the glory of the Trade Federation!
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • I think OOM-10 was a true war hero. If they are both in Battlefront 2 then many people will be confused on the battlefield xD
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    I think OOM-10 was a true war hero. If they are both in Battlefront 2 then many people will be confused on the battlefield xD

OOM-10 *Spits* Freaking Eggs Benedict Droids

Also, this proves OOM-9 wasn't forgotten as a obscure Video-Game character even years later with the production of the Clone Wars Series what with the Title of that Blue Battle-Droid

All OOM-9 needs is a new break out storyline in Canon Material to bring his page back to shape

Someone tweet someone at Lucasfilm! please I'm sure they answer
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • U get your Droid commander and that's all.
  • OOM-9 will be put in the game just for you, I think. Just imagine the reaction of everyone that hasn't been on the forums. lol
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • bfloo
    13659 posts Member
    OOM-9 was a battle droid so powerful, he led his droids to victory after victory on Naboo.

All he feared was the command ship getting destroyed.

It did of course.

Lil Ani put on his plot armor, flew inside and blew it up.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    Warrior wrote: »
    OOM-9 will be put in the game just for you, I think. Just imagine the reaction of everyone that hasn't been on the forums. lol

That would be awesome! ah, but it probably won't happen but If I keep stoking the Fires and keeping OOM-9 in the Forum Spotlight there is that tiny little Ember of hope that it could happen if I get enough people interested

Maybe if I could get Star Wars Explained to do a video on him

Maybe Maybe

It would make it a little easier if it didn't if that "Rise Of The Droid Empire Mod" for Empire At War would finish up it's been taking forever

OOM9.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • OOM-9 is not in this game

This needs to stop
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    So what is OOM-9?

OOM-9 was not just the B1-Battle Droid Commander of the Invasion Of Naboo from Episode 1 The Phantom Menace, but a member of Nute Gunray's Bodyguard squad. his advanced tactics and cunning enabled the small covert detachment of Battle Droids he led to secretly land successfully and knock out the Naboo's communications satellites before the well armed Naboo Security Forces detachment could use them to send word to the Republic that they were being invaded a incident that would have crippled the invasion

As well as recapturing the Droid Control program later on, that the Naboo were able to obtain thanks to the inferiority of the other Droid Commanders involved in the invasion. all the while crushing the remaining resistance from the Security Forces and routing the Gungans to their last place of refugee

640?cb=20111008201653

Why are you so obsessed with this droid? I'm not saying you're not allowed to like OOM-9, but just curious why you are so obsessed with this droid only seen in the Phantom Menace and in a few eu sources.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • bfloo
    13659 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    So what is OOM-9?

640?cb=20111008201653

Why are you so obsessed with this droid? I'm not saying you're not allowed to like OOM-9, but just curious why you are so obsessed with this droid only seen in the Phantom Menace and in a few eu sources.

He actually won a few battles.

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    So what is OOM-9?

640?cb=20111008201653

You dare question my loyalty?

Well, alright then

One of the debatable aspects of the Prequels Era are the Battle-Droids and their personality

Unlike Clone Troopers and Storm-Troopers which can easily be expanded and made into full characters. Battle-Droids ever since The Phantom Menace have been turned into mindless, Comedic Cannon Fodder with funny voices and armed with no personality past that. and while it may be good for a Cannon Fodder aspect as they are fun to blow up this does limit the storylines that can be given to them

OOM-9 resolves this as through his development in Galactic Battle-Grounds and End Game we get to see a Cold and Efficient Droid Leader (As they really should be) that is actually successful and makes the B1-Battle Droids into a credible and interesting enemy beyond the Zombie approach which for Threat Level and credibility is far better and more dynamic for more Good Story Telling opportunities

I can go on
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • DynamitePro26
    1169 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    bfloo wrote: »
    So what is OOM-9?

640?cb=20111008201653

Tarkin won a few battles. Look at how he turned out. I've nothing against OOM, but it seems as if there are better characters to include in the next game, like grievous.
  • bfloo
    13659 posts Member
    So what is OOM-9?

640?cb=20111008201653

Tarkin won a few battles. Look at how he turned out.

We need General Veers :'(

h846398gb27k.png

So what is OOM-9?

640?cb=20111008201653

Well, alright then

One of the debatable aspects of the Prequels Era are the Battle-Droids and their personality

Unlike Clone Troopers and Storm-Troopers which can easily be expanded and made into full characters. Battle-Droids ever since The Phantom Menace have been turned into mindless, Comedic Cannon Fodder with funny voices and armed with no personality past that. and while it may be good for a Cannon Fodder aspect as they are fun to blow up this does limit the storylines that can be given to them

OOM-9 resolves this as through his development in Galactic Battle-Grounds and End Game we get to see a Cold and Efficient Droid Leader (As they really should be) that is actually successful and makes the B1-Battle Droids into a credible and interesting enemy beyond the Zombie approach which for Threat Level and credibility is far better and more dynamic for more Good Story Telling opportunities

I can go on

You've said this before. You've literally copy and pasted this, as I've seen you say the exact same thing on other forums. At least give a new reason.
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    So what is OOM-9?

640?cb=20111008201653

Well, alright then

I can go on

You've said this before. You've literally copy and pasted this, as I've seen you say the exact same thing on other forums. At least give a new reason.

I'm sick right now with a Stomach Ache I don't want to type lol

I can go on but I think that kind of explains already and you can tell from my posts

I like the various Droid Characters in Star Wars and there is plenty of potential in telling a story from a entirely new perspective. OOM-9 succeeds in this role very well since Star Wars is generally dominated by Humans and Aliens with Droids as background roles

There is untapped potential in his Character I want the Separatists and the Trade Federation to actually be a intimidating and threatening Force and not just "Lol, Droids" which does get a little old when it's almost every Single depictation of them post Episode 2

Especially since Lucas made Grevious stink as a General we need a PROPER Droid General

And what do you mean Other Forums I've only been to here
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
    So what is OOM-9?

640?cb=20111008201653

Well, alright then

I can go on

I'm sick right now with a Stomach Ache I don't want to type lol

I can go on but I think that kind of explains already and you can tell from my posts

I like the various Droid Characters in Star Wars and there is plenty of potential in telling a story from a entirely new perspective. OOM-9 succeeds in this role very well since Star Wars is generally dominated by Humans and Aliens with Droids as background roles

There is untapped potential in his Character I want the Separatists and the Trade Federation to actually be a intimidating and threatening Force and not just "Lol, Droids" which does get a little old when it's almost every Single depictation of them post Episode 2

Especially since Lucas made Grevious stink as a General we need a PROPER Droid General

And what do you mean Other Forums I've only been to here

The problem with a droid is that it is (generally) devoid from personality. It's all progamming, code, and binary. OOM-9 is a b1 battle droid which as you probably know, aren't the most unique of droids. I'm not saying all droids don't have personalities. You have exceptions such as IG-88
  • I'll leave you alone now. :)
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    What do you mean other forums though?

Have you encountered other OOM-9 fans?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread

You commented on another forum with the exact same thing. Don't ask me to prove it, because I can't. I was just saying. I'll leave you alone now. I know how annoying a stomach ache is. Just get into a position where it doesn't hurt so much and stay in that position without moving and wait. :smile:
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member

You commented on another forum with the exact same thing. Don't ask me to prove it, because I can't. I was just saying. I'll leave you alone now. I know how annoying a stomach ache is. Just get into a position where it doesn't hurt so much and stay in that position without moving and wait. :smile:
    Tell me

Tell me the name of the forum please

That is all I need
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    I'm kinda hoping the developers might notice this thread
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • I, for one, welcome our new OOM-9 hero unit
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    Today I complete the download of the Beta

At the end I'll post my thoughts on the Officer Droid and how OOM-9 could be made
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • My "OOM-9" has performed well in BETA combat.

He likes his little turret a lot for some reason tho.
  • Pretty sure I've seen him on Naboo... Keep hope alive
  • bfloo
    13659 posts Member
    The Droid Army needs OOM-9.

The Droids are making me laugh with their chatter.

They are the most entertaining faction in the game.

h846398gb27k.png

• My "OOM-9" has performed well in BETA combat.

He likes his little turret a lot for some reason tho.

The OOM-9 I know doesn't play with turrets. Those are for younglings.

The OOM-9 I know plays with a custom AAT that's actually multi-crew unlike how one game has it...

(Only one player in an AAT? Really DICE?)
    OOM-9 is not in this game

Only the more reason to advocate for a real droid army hero than someone like Darth Maul who isn't at all.
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?"
    Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine."
    Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones."
    Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
  • A friend of mine made a compilation of some actual CIS/droid army heroes that'd be neat to see in the game.
    Naturally, OOM-9 is on the list. Because he's a real hero.
    j4mhEju.jpg
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    Abekrie wrote: »
    A friend of mine made a compilation of some actual CIS/droid army heroes that'd be neat to see in the game.
    j4mhEju.jpg

That's a pretty cool list
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • Abekrie wrote: »
    A friend of mine made a compilation of some actual CIS/droid army heroes that'd be neat to see in the game.
    j4mhEju.jpg

Replace Tambor with General Kalani, Kul Teska with Cad Bane and Sev'Rance Tann with Savage Oppress. That'd be my list.
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    Well after playing the Beta for as long as I could I've come to some conclusions. The Officer is awesome and would be great in a Hero role

So far from what we've seen the Blaster Heroes are super powered versions of the game's classes

Boba Fett is a super powered Jump-Trooper and better in every way and Han Solo is a super powered version of the Assault Class, therefore OOM-9 would actually work very well in this environment

Health: 400-500

1. Grand Commander: OOM-9's Battle Command Star Card rather then buffing a certain number of units within a thin path reaches out in a Grand Circle (Like Krennic in SWBF-2015) instantly granting them the benefits of Battle-Command Strike and default Battle-Command

I'll talk some more later when I better formulate my ideas
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • bfloo
    13659 posts Member
    Don't forget, he needs a tank :)

h846398gb27k.png

j4mhEju.jpg

Replace Tambor with General Kalani, Kul Teska with Cad Bane and Sev'Rance Tann with Savage Oppress. That'd be my list.

Kalani? That robot that has done nothing for the CIS cause years after the war ended?

Cad Bane? That bounty hunter which has worked against the CIS?

Savage Oppress? The person who actively worked against the CIS?

I'm not trying to be rude, but those heroes don't seem to be so good for the CIS. Especially the ones that have little to no loyalty to the Confederacy at all.
  • bfloo
    13659 posts Member
    j4mhEju.jpg

Kalani? That robot that has done nothing for the CIS cause years after the war ended?

I'm not trying to be rude, but those heroes don't seem to be so good for the CIS. Especially the ones that have little to no loyalty to the Confederacy at all.

Cad and Savage I agree, but what was Kalani supposed to do after order 66?

h846398gb27k.png

• Cad and Savage I agree, but what was Kalani supposed to do after order 66? [/quote]

Kalani was supposed to rally his droids and help Separatist worlds being subjected by the Galactic Empire. Reactivate more droids. Start up new droid factories. Find other allies that are in trouble. Have his troops perform basic routine maintenance on themselves. Anything besides sitting there in his command chair on his busted supply ship and doing nothing but rust for 15 years.

This is why the droid army needs a hero like OOM-9. He actually got things done.
  • Stop making this thread. The officer class droid is him.
    j4mhEju.jpg

So TPM Maul (who wasn't a part of the Separatists and wasn't even around at the same time as them) is fine, but Savage and Bane aren't?

Dude, the Separatists are basically the Dark Side faction of the Prequels. Hence, why Cad Bane and Savage would be on it.

Also, they at least worked for them. Savage as Dooku's apprentice, and Bane as part of the Naboo arc in TCW Season 4. That's still more than Maul did for the Seps.
  • bfloo
    13659 posts Member
    j4mhEju.jpg

So TPM Maul (who wasn't a part of the Separatists and wasn't even around at the same time as them) is fine, but Savage and Bane aren't?

Dude, the Separatists are basically the Dark Side faction of the Prequels. Hence, why Cad Bane and Savage would be on it.

Also, they at least worked for them. Savage as Dooku's apprentice, and Bane as part of the Naboo arc in TCW Season 4. That's still more than Maul did for the Seps.

Savage was a planted assassin. He did more with Maul towards the takeover of Mandalore.

I wasn't even really expecting Maul since Maul didn't even care about the Clone Wars.

While Maul is a lot of fun, I'd have preferred Dooku and Grievous come first.
    I thought Greedo was a lot of fun to play too and never pictured him in a BattleFront game either.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    j4mhEju.jpg

Savage was a planted assassin. He did more with Maul towards the takeover of Mandalore.

I wasn't even really expecting Maul since Maul didn't even care about the Clone Wars.

I thought Greedo was a lot of fun to play too and never pictured him in a BattleFront game either.

I think Maul was added first because he's a massive icon of the Prequels (more so than Yoda FFS).
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member

Cad and Savage I agree, but what was Kalani supposed to do after order 66?

Kalani was supposed to rally his droids and help Separatist worlds being subjected by the Galactic Empire. Reactivate more droids. Start up new droid factories. Find other allies that are in trouble. Have his troops perform basic routine maintenance on themselves. Anything besides sitting there in his command chair on his busted supply ship and doing nothing but rust for 15 years.

This is why the droid army needs a hero like OOM-9. He actually got things done.[/quote]

Yeah, when you think about Kalani was hilarious
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    Stop making this thread. The officer class droid is him.

But it's not OOM-9
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • bfloo
    13659 posts Member
    j4mhEju.jpg

I think Maul was added first because he's a massive icon of the Prequels (more so than Yoda FFS).

Massive Icon is pushing it a little bit.

He was the biggest disappointment of the PT.

They pushed him hard just to kill him off in the first movie.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    j4mhEju.jpg

Massive Icon is pushing it a little bit.

He was the biggest disappointment of the PT.

They pushed him hard just to kill him off in the first movie.

Let me put it like this. Who was the face of Episode 1's marketing when it came out? Who's the face of Prequel merchandise? Who's the evil dude from the Prequels that non-fans would probably know about the most?

I rest my case.

While I think that Dooku, Grievous or Sidious would be better suited as the game's Prequel villain. Maul makes just as much sense.
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    I just remembered this OOM-9 Theme Intro Concept Video existed

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread