criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Force abilities should suppress all directly-affected opponent weapons and abilities

Landeaux
3467 posts Member
edited October 2017
Similar to last game where people were unable to use star cards or weapons when being choked by Vader, electrocuted by Palp (for a short duration), or being force pushed by Luke, this game shouldn't allow infantry or heroes/villains to continue to use their weapons or abilities when the Force is being enacted on them. There should be a period of suppression that occurs when someone's body is being moved or impaired. I saw in the pre-alpha and alpha where, for example, Darth Maul would choke infantry but infantry would be able to continue to shoot their weapon at Maul and they had a quick recovery time after they were thrown to the ground. I know there is still time to change this but I just wanted to shed light on the potential issue that this may cause. Thoughts?
Post edited by Landeaux on

Replies

• I agree. I do however think the recovery time after being thrown etc should be fairly short to prevent the first attacker having the advantage for the rest of the fight.

I also think all lightsaber users should have a block ability and all force users should be able o block force attacks.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    I agree. I do however think the recovery time after being thrown etc should be fairly short to prevent the first attacker having the advantage for the rest of the fight.

I also think all lightsaber users should have a block ability and all force users should be able o block force attacks.

Yeah I meant recovery time as in people had their backs on the ground and were still able to shoot for some reason. And I found blockable Force abilities to be rather clunky on the last game. How do you truly block a Force ability..?
  • Chewbacca815
    486 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Edited for pointlessness...
  • I agree. I do however think the recovery time after being thrown etc should be fairly short to prevent the first attacker having the advantage for the rest of the fight.

Agreed. If Maul lands his grasp on Rey it's over.

In a trailer I saw Luke pushing Vader to the ground and then proceed to attack while Vader was still down.
    If it's who staggers other first wins then I am seriously disappointed.
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    I agree. I do however think the recovery time after being thrown etc should be fairly short to prevent the first attacker having the advantage for the rest of the fight.

Agreed. If Maul lands his grasp on Rey it's over.

In a trailer I saw Luke pushing Vader to the ground and then proceed to attack while Vader was still down.
    If it's who staggers other first wins then I am seriously disappointed.

same, i think that was kylo tho.