criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The new squad system is actually worse than the partner system.

This is the first time ever I rant about something in a game, and I actually can't believe I'm saying this: the new squad system is worse than the partner system. At least before you could play with one friend. Now you when you die you are spawned into a RANDOM squad! Then try to look around for your green dotted friends running around somewhere in the map.

So they added classes but made it impossible to work together? I understand that the goal is for you to spawn with strangers and force you to work together. Might work on paper but not in real life since you are not actually chatting to these strangers. You're chatting to your friends!

They should simply put the option to spawn on your friends like in Battlefield 1. Period.

Thoughts?

Replies

• I like the idea of spawning on teammates but in also feel at a disadvantage when I'm unfortunate enough to not have a partner or full squad to spawn near and the opposing team has more options.
  • In the battlefield serie if you don't have friends you are assigned a random squad. But at least you stay with the same people during the match. And you can see which classes they have and choose the more appropriate one to work TOGETHER. Now it's simply a mess.
  • totally agree
  • Anybody knows if the squad has changed from the beta?
  • You can see your squad on the field now. They are in yellow and have yellow icons. Nice!
  • I like how squad members are outlined in yellow and show their class icons in the same colour, that everyone in the squad gets 1x or 2x points from each others' accomplishments - no matter if you're all close together or spread apart from one another, and I like how you spawn in each life quicker the moment a 4-man squad has formed. That's all great.

Spawning on squad mates is spammy; I'm actually glad it's not in but at the same time I do feel like there is something missing / want something that'll allow you to stick together when playing with chosen friends.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • So making a party with friends has the single bonus of making them green?
  • Perhaps being allowed to spawn on squad mates is not allowed because the maps are much smaller than most BF1 maps.
  • If you've seen gameplay footage from the GA and SA game modes you'll see the maps are basically as huge as Battlefield 1 maps.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • danilojbg wrote: »
    So making a party with friends has the single bonus of making them green?

That'd be a good start
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • If you've seen gameplay footage from the GA and SA game modes you'll see the maps are basically as huge as Battlefield 1 maps.

Ok..i stand corrected then, but I assume none are as big as BF1 Conquest maps?

That'd be a good start

So playing with friends is pretty much pointless.

I'm not asking for an advantage, just for them to making it easier for people in the same party to stay together. Battlefield 1 does it and it works.
  • Because Conquest is free-for-all, Battlefield 1 maps probably seem bigger to some. Where as GA maps in BFII have objectives where you advance through the map once certain things have completed, probably making the maps feel "smaller". When you watch a whole round of, say, Kashyyk or Mos Eisley or Starkiller Base, etc, you'll see the maps are actually huge. People need to remember that this is Battlefront, not Battlefield - it ain't trying to be Battlefield and that's a great thing
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Yes. This needs to change.
  • It's really sad, there is any kind of team-play in a objective based game, the possibility to not play with at least one friend (don't even speak about a real squad) is a shame. In Battlefield there are moments, that i can remember with my friends, here is everything so ego based, you play just for you, the officer class, with the worst weapons in the game, is the weakest, no cooperation, no possibility to give some orders, to ask the strangers to push hmmmm nothing Star Wars Egofront once again!

Lastly: The **** "Squad" hud in the middle ?, there are 10000000 other places to put this thing on the screen ?. You destroy the impressive looking game..
    danilojbg wrote: »

That'd be a good start

I'm not asking for an advantage, just for them to making it easier for people in the same party to stay together. Battlefield 1 does it and it works.

I want to be able to stick closer with friends when I play (as does everyone else) but in a way that works better than just simply spawning on one another like in Battlefield 1 - it's an overrated feature that becomes too spammy and needs to be implemented differently in this game. I just don't know how
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • No it’s actually not
  • fbang wrote: »
    This is the first time ever I rant about something in a game, and I actually can't believe I'm saying this: the new squad system is worse than the partner system. At least before you could play with one friend. Now you when you die you are spawned into a RANDOM squad! Then try to look around for your green dotted friends running around somewhere in the map.

So they added classes but made it impossible to work together? I understand that the goal is for you to spawn with strangers and force you to work together. Might work on paper but not in real life since you are not actually chatting to these strangers. You're chatting to your friends!

They should simply put the option to spawn on your friends like in Battlefield 1. Period.

Thoughts?

+1000000000

That'd be a good start

I want to be able to stick closer with friends when I play (as does everyone else) but in a way that works better than just simply spawning on one another like in Battlefield 1 - it's an overrated feature that becomes too spammy and needs to be implemented differently in this game. I just don't know how

Choose spawnpoints, allow to spawn 15m behind your friends, give a special spawn star card for the officer or just allow to spawn on the squad leader (and no one more), there are many options...
  • Szaby
    96 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I honestly can't believe how this mess got into the final game. Make a proper 4-6 player squad/party system which stays the same during the match and allows us to play with friends as well.
  • Szaby wrote: »
    I honestly can't believe how this mess got into the final game. Make a proper 4-6 player squad/party system which stays the same during the match and allows us to play with friends as well.

With the hmmmmm we don't want to be like Battlefield attitude...?
  • danilojbg
    837 posts Member
    edited November 2017

That'd be a good start

I agree their method is not perfect. I just feel the cost and frustration of not being able to stay close to friends is bigger than of avoiding this smammy aspect from party respawn.

Unlike SWBF2015, I have a couple of friends who already bought the game and one or two more that are seriously considering buying it. I was really excited with the prospect of forming a regular squad with them, specially after being a lone wolf in the first game.

To be honest, I was holding on the decision to buy the game mainly because of this (it is really expensive in my country) and now I'm a bit unsure if it's not better to wait for a discount. and hopefully a better party system by then.

That'd be a good start

Choose spawnpoints, allow to spawn 15m behind your friends, give a special spawn star card for the officer or just allow to spawn on the squad leader (and no one more), there are many options...

Spawn points could be good as long as players don't spawn at an absolute precise spot that encourages campers, spawning on a teammate a certain distance away is good as it's not on them, spawning on a squad leader is just as bad as spawning on teammates in general. I spawn star card could be handy, but it could be something a lot of players wouldn't use
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I mean with spawnpoints something like to just choose your side on the map. At this point i would be happy with anything...
  • Same problem here,
    Why they have done this? I cant understand...
    With this system, ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS.

Please EA, Fix this!!

Anyone knows if they are working in a patch to solve this big problem?
  • No, they will probably not change it! This game is just for solo players, if you got friends, than you shouldn't buy this game. I was so hyped, but this decision is something, that I can not accept...
  • The squad system is pointless. What good is it to see where your friends are when the computer constantly decides to spawn you on the opposite side of the map from them, and you can't spawn on your partner any longer. That was a complaint EA\DICE ignored about the first Battlefront, YOU shouldn't choose where to spawn me. How about I choose to spawn myself where it's more important to me, to be?
  • MatiPoland93
    318 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes, what about plan tactics with friends? Battlefield is so much superior to Battlefront, only argument for Battlefront is Star Wars, nothing else :)
  • Do we have any news about this big problem?

We need to play with friends and spawn with them.

Hope they can fix it ASAP.
  • needs to be cross platform for pc, xbox, and ps4 not like everyone can't attach a mouse to ps4's and xbox's complete rubbish
  • ...in the absence of property private matches and Party versus Party MM Battlefield ONE type squad is too OP and too easily abused ( never min that it is not challenging -except people who want it easy to crush non Party individuals )
  • Ok so make the squads only able to spawn on a squad leader, or spawn 50 m away. I just want to be able to stay in the same squad so we can balance our classes and pto. Teamwork really suffers when random squad members run off or camp to get kills so why shouldn’t I get extra points because the other 3 members of my squad sit at the back sniping or run around like headless chickens?
    Join the Old Farts Clan on Facebook // Xbox - GT: Coronal Aurora
  • Played Battlefront 2015 for about 500 hours or so, never thought I would see a worse system, but SWBF2 managed to create one. Sad.

Please at least give us the option to spawn on a partner at least..
  • I can't believe the game shipped like this.

Can't play with your friends? Is this supposed to be a solo only experience multiplayer game?
  • I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand the partner spawning system was kind of wonky. I've had plenty of times where people just pop out of thin air in front of me next to the guy I'm shooting and I have done the same plenty of times. On the other hand it's a good system because it kind of emulates the battles being on a much larger scale. You kill a few guys, but there's always a few more coming to reinforce them. It could be tweaked better, but I don't hate it.

The new squad system however I don't see any purpose to. The main issue with it is not having VOIP (Come on now, it's almost 2018 and your online multiplayer game doesn't have VOIP!??!?!) but that's a rant for another time. How the hell are we supposed to "work together" with a bunch of Rando Calrissians when there is no way to effectively communicate?

I already know what you're gonna say "Then people will just be spamming the VOIP, blah blah blah." Easy solution to that. Make the VOIP for your current squad only. 99.9% of the time when I spawn everyone in the squad immediately just takes off in all different directions. There is pretty much no teamwork in this game aside from some of the better top tier players who can manage to work together without communicating because they understand the map and the objectives.

Honestly I don't know why most people even play objective modes instead of just TDM. It's rare to see people who are more focused on the objective than they are focused on "ZOMG GOTTA GET 1337 KDR!!!" It's especially bad in Starfighter. The biggest reason that teams lose SF matches is because in most (or all, haven't played em all yet) of them, one side has a limited respawns and people don't seem to understand that if you're on that side with limited spawns you absolutely cannot win the match just by getting in dogfights the entire time, in fact you actually lose the match faster by doing that.

TL:DR: The majority of the problems this game has with teamwork could be almost completely remedied by putting a VOIP system into the game, and honestly, there is no excuse not to have one. No VOIP in a game like this is akin to buying a car that has no steering wheel. You can go buy an after market one (Teamspeak, Discord etc.) but you still gotta share the road with people who just sit back and let The Force take the wheel.
  • I've been advocating for this since the beta - they did mention they will re-work the thing, but can't find where it was. Currently, it is impossible to play with friends. I have a couple of them waiting on my recommendation to buy the game, but I'm I'm having them hold-off until at least this is fixed (a server browser would be ideal, too).

Hopefully a change will be implemented sooner rather than later...
  • I wish they implemented what people love so far form Battlefield series and that is the squad system.
  • bfloo
    14061 posts Member
    If they use the Battlefield1 squad spawn system the attacking team will lose every game instead of 4/5.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    If they use the Battlefield1 squad spawn system the attacking team will lose every game instead of 4/5.

spawning can stay as it is. You should be getting the 2x xp for staying with your squad. No need to spawn on teammates.
  • Agreed