criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Please do not change the battlepoints system, it works fine

Replies

• CPT_Rex wrote: »
    When did I say that? I’m all for making vehicles more easily accessible (maybe then we’ll actually see some), but Little Timmy who does nothing but stare at the background shouldn’t be getting to use an AAT when Little Johnny has been working his butt off defending the MTT. I’m not gonna judge your play style, but if you’re having trouble with infantry try focusing on the objectives or playing as an Officer and supporting the people who are better at the infantry stuff.

I still think that vehicles should be treated as a class instead of something which you have to earn through battlepoints.

I tried to make this a more thought-out reply, but I feel like I've wasted too much time with this beta already and I don't want to spend any more energy in creating this reply. It seems like my opinion simply has zero value. I'll hope that things change between now and release, but I won't be counting on it.
  • The point system works fine for heroes, heroe vehicles and very unique units. I don't mind that part goodies for those who work hard and all that.

But why vehicles? and why something like Superbattledroids or jetpack troops? and why are rocket launchers locked behind the point system aswell.

The droids and Jetpack troops should be normal units with thier own things. Game seriously needs more classes as it is right now. I mean unique units would be better with things like Droidekas and Troops with miniguns or heavy blasters. Grenade launchers?

i don't know it feels like they haven't thought this trough properly.
  • Perhaps the ships should sit at spawn points around the map
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    Thanks for the replies to this everyone. Whilst I do stand by my point that players who are doing a lot of the work should be rewarded quicker, there have been some reasonable counters to that, especially by @DerFalke - I do feel that the points will be lowered anyway, but vehicles should either be lowered a fair amount or available to all, or at least certain vehicles. Points lowered or modifier may help too.

However, points lowered would mean players playing better, for want of a better word, would get rewards quicker, and still dominate, so that wouldnt fix it for those hit and miss about it I guess.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Had an amazing game just now! As an officer. I made 0 eliminations (!!!). And scored 5600 points :lol: . By then game ended to victory and those pesky droids didnt make it indoors. I boosted friendlies but i constantly played the objective. Meaning running to ion cannon (neutralizer is it?) and blasting it to MTT. Only few players actually do that.

This is for all those who cant make any kills or feel that their hard to commit. Play the objective. Even us can score :smiley:
  • Says you. It works great in Starfighter Assault, the values for the Hero ships are just right, and it gives everyone a fair shot to play as heroes in that game mode... much better than Fighter Squadrons.

But reinforcements, vehicles, starfighters, and heroes all cost WAY too many Battle Points in Galactic Assault. They really need to reduce the amount of points it takes to get reinforcements for ground battles by at least half.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Says you. It works great in Starfighter Assault, the values for the Hero ships are just right, and it gives everyone a fair shot to play as heroes in that game mode... much better than Fighter Squadrons.

But reinforcements, vehicles, starfighters, and heroes all cost WAY too many Battle Points in Galactic Assault. They really need to reduce the amount of points it takes to get reinforcements for ground battles by at least half.

I agree on both. Example that 3500 points cost yellow tank. But i would have some minor change in price, rather than half.
  • Amen, amen, and amen! I think they should increase the point rewards slightly so people can get to heroes and reinforcements more quickly. I think that will make the game more fun for more people.

Agreed maybe a 5/10% increase would help. right now getting enough for a hero then the game ending sucks.
  • Especially if we could get more working squad system where working together gets rewarded then everyone gets more points. Like battlefield 1? Squad leaders etc.
  • Vixeren wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I don't get the dislike for this, its a massive improvement from random tokens.

I'm reasonable usually but I can't fathom the concept of it being unfair - if I work hard in a game and play the objective well, why shouldn't I hit the goodies first? Its a fair system (although I can see price changes coming, which still won't benefit those complaining). I don't get why someone who is essentially contributing less feels its unfair that they can't get some goodies first? I'm an average pilot, but I don't sit there and complain that I havent had a turn in a hero ship - I havent earned it. And someone playing well will probably use it a lot better than I might, and they have worked hard to deserve their turn.

Can someone explain how the system is unfair then? Because I can't see a flaw in it.

People dislike it because they have to work towards something in game and want things handed to them like it's Battlefront 2015. The system is reasonable and fair, encourages PTO and working as a team. I have yet to see a valid complaint about the system other than there should be a que line for heroes.

i really love it work hard for it has i played the beta
  • Thanks god we have this battle point system. There was nothing more triggering in any battlefield than trolls and people who suck to take away your tank or jet.

I lost countless matches of Rush in bf4 just because people wasted our tanks or afk in 500meter range to not get killed and get 1kill themself in 1year.

Now the top people of your team get the strong ***** who can actually make use of it. especially the heroes.

Just had a game on Theed where they got to throneroom with 100tickets left. We could actually turn around because i got the Jedi girl and the topscorer in team Han Solo. Imagine there was some kind of random spawn and someone who barely contributed this game already and was a reason we were almost defeated took away the hero in this important situation just because he feels like playing it and/or was faster in picking it

Instead of crying take it as a motivation. You dont even need to kill a lot since you get plently of points for assists already and play the object? as defender 1hit with this stinger youget almost 1k points and dont need any aim for it...
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    So..I'm guessing kill streaks is why after being an objective beast..doesn't matter?
    Comes down to k/d?....great

If that's true then it's not objectively based game play..it's either camp and get kill streaks or just be a very good player

It's all adding up now

no its not 1 hit as defender with the stinger on this big ship gives equal points to 4kills.
    And anyway why should someone who cant kill ***** take han solo for example because his aim wont become magically better ?

Yeah I totally feel the same. Even Darth Maul's ship seems a little pricey though, maybe it belongs closer to 3,000. I don't see it much. Same for Poe's X-Wing.
    CIS: OOM-9, Sebulba, Nute Gunray
    Republic: Coleman Trebor, Shmi Skywalker, The clone that fell with Padme
    Rebels: Lobot, Willrow Hood, Rebel Friend
    Empire: Rancor Keeper, Walrus Man, Dagobah Luke-Face Vader
    First Order: The stormtrooper with blood on his face
    Resistance: I couldn't care less
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Look, whoever said they hit the ATT 4 times and had 6 kills, and only had 2000 points. Lies. If you do math, just by doing that you get 3400 points. Plus, assists give you points. So earning points is not hard at all if you do something.
    And for people who says bad players don't have a chance so they cry about it. The solution is not to go and ask to get things easier. The solution is to motivate yourself to get the things and get better in the process, id you get things gifted to you, people don't improve. First 15 matches I didnt get nowhere close to getting a hero. I tried harder, killed lots, didnt run forward like a crazy guy, I stayed back, watching corners and alleys, I went for the objective, I shoot at guys far away too to damage them, I flank and so on. Now I get the hero every match. And it was because I tried to get better, I didnt try to get it gifted to me.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • A problem I do find is that is the amount of heroes. Every time I play there are 4 heroes (and villains) by the end of the round, so the problem is that when more heroes are added, there are most likely going to be 9 heroes on both sides, and anybody not a hero, is going to get wrecked. But hey, it might not happen, maybe I'm just being negative and looking at the negative out come, but it might turn out great, I don't know.
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    A problem I do find is that is the amount of heroes. Every time I play there are 4 heroes (and villains) by the end of the round, so the problem is that when more heroes are added, there are most likely going to be 9 heroes on both sides, and anybody not a hero, is going to get wrecked. But hey, it might not happen, maybe I'm just being negative and looking at the negative out come, but it might turn out great, I don't know.

They did say there would be multiple heroes per game but I would be surprised if more than 2 or 3 per team were allowed in at any one time
  • haftrabbit wrote: »
    dada_shift wrote: »
    So..I'm guessing kill streaks is why after being an objective beast..doesn't matter?

If that's true then it's not objectively based game play..it's either camp and get kill streaks or just be a very good player

It's all adding up now

no its not 1 hit as defender with the stinger on this big ship gives equal points to 4kills.
    And anyway why should someone who cant kill **** take han solo for example because his aim wont become magically better ?

I think you missed my point.
    I just played a game were I had 2 kill streak gave me 1200pts..the 3rd got me almost 3000pts the fourth got me 4100pts. Then I died ..got an assist and was at 5200pts.

I tested this twice.. the next time I just camped and got to 5000pts after a 5 kills streak.

So for the people here sayin git gud..that's a crap comment ... Basically galactic assualt revolves around camping for a 5 kill streak ..to get a hero..to dominate the rest of the game (if good at the hero) if so..you will see the end Game rewards all going to the hero...almost all rewards.

If you ask me..that is non objective game play in a game that is suppose to be objective game play...instead it's TOTALY K/D and a campers paradice

Shouldn't be that way...something has to change
  • Galactic Assualt would be much better...without the heros.. when that said camper gets a hero early on and can camp/hide/play well with it..like maul... then end up with 16k points and all rewards at the end. It makes the game not even worth playing when you see the top scorer has 50+ kills and everyone else is at 10 to 20
    It's unbalanced game play at its finest.

Remove the hero play (not the level ups) just the heros and put everyone on a level playing field

Or

Nerf the hero health or stop the regain all together ...people are being a hero far to long
    Which brings me to another point..I've had well over 5000 pts many times today ...and can't get a hero because it's too easy to hang on to them [if you don't go Rambo and enter a room full of enemy's] you can successfully remain a hero the entire game

Needs a time limit...if there is one,I wouldn't know because I can never seem to get one
  • Geadaan wrote: »
    Your rewarding people who already do well with stronger units. So let's say in the first ten minutes team A completely runs the field, then they start spawning stronger units in. What chance does this give team B who already was struggling with basic units to fight against a slew of reinforcement and heroes. It completely makes fights one sided. We aren't seeing a lot of it now, but people want heroes to be stronger, if that happens then my scenario will be very obvious too.

At least the old way it gave team B a chance to snag a token and potentially turn around a fight even if they weren't doing well to begin with.

That's why they aren't ridiculously strong. It's really not some snowball effect like in CoD with it's ridiculous killstreaks that decimate everyone. The team who is winning is winning. Seems fair to me.

In Battlefield 1 the losing team gets a 'Behemoth' which is a huge ***** overpowered vehicle to turn the tide of the battle. You know what happens? 99 out of 100 still lose massively. You know why? Because they are worse than their opponents. I haven't played BF1 but I really doubt teams would actually 'snag a token' and turn the tide.

• Had an amazing game just now! As an officer. I made 0 eliminations (!!!). And scored 5600 points :lol: . By then game ended to victory and those pesky droids didnt make it indoors. I boosted friendlies but i constantly played the objective. Meaning running to ion cannon (neutralizer is it?) and blasting it to MTT. Only few players actually do that.

This is for all those who cant make any kills or feel that their hard to commit. Play the objective. Even us can score :smiley:

Exactly. If you override one of the security thingies inside you get about 1000 points. I saw 1080 pop up just now, 500ish for overriding the thing plus 500 for 'playing the objective'. Ion Neutralizer pickup is already 200 points. Buff your teammates at the start of the round when they are all stacked up (10+) and you get a free 100-600 points, I got over 700 today by just doing that. With those, basically free, points you can hop into the MTT (only 400 points) and buff your friends, scan for enemies (wallhack ftw) and get a few kills. Using the MTT is super simple imo, you are a riding turret with 3 abilities... And often after using the MTT I end up with +2000-3000 points. Vehicles are already cheap enough.

Here I got 3800 points in 2 minutes for just buffing teammates and once in a while firing off a few shots and throwing a flash grenade. I think everyone is capable of doing that to some degree, even if you are bad at gunfights. And people will love your buffs.
    Here I use command: strike (no overheating of your weapon for a short duration) and the card that let's closeby teammates health regenerate faster.
  • haftrabbit
    36 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    haftrabbit wrote: »

It's all adding up now

And anyway why should someone who cant kill **** take han solo for example because his aim wont become magically better ?

I think you missed my point.
    I just played a game were I had 2 kill streak gave me 1200pts..the 3rd got me almost 3000pts the fourth got me 4100pts. Then I died ..got an assist and was at 5200pts.

I tested this twice.. the next time I just camped and got to 5000pts after a 5 kills streak.

So for the people here sayin git gud..that's a **** comment ... Basically galactic assualt revolves around camping for a 5 kill streak ..to get a hero..to dominate the rest of the game (if good at the hero) if so..you will see the end Game rewards all going to the hero...almost all rewards.

If you ask me..that is non objective game play in a game that is suppose to be objective game play...instead it's TOTALY K/D and a campers paradice

Shouldn't be that way...something has to change

well killing is also part of objective. and camper will never get the amount of points as people who fight at the hotspots of the map and play for objective.

If i could change one thing tho i would raise the cost to 7k or something. Because towards the end a lot of player get to 5k points and start to afk in selectscreen until current heroes die instead of spawn as elite soldier or even normal and can cost you a game

And when they dominate his team was already dominating before he got to play the hero and the other team just tickeld in one by one towards the end and get eaten alive obviously. Outside it can be frustrating to run into a hero but there is enough space to dodge him. And inside with all the nades and people stacked especially jedi are usually no threat unless your team gets devasted anyway and they can allow their jedi to clean up 1 by 1
  • Battlepoints system is good I think. Feel the officer needs a tweak to earning battlepoints for buffing nearby units though that may come with the full selections for star cards etc. at launch?

Same. The current bonus is what, 1 point per buffed unit? It's pathetically low especially considering that the officer's main use is supposed to be supporting allies with his abilities.

Play it before you complain about it. You get award a ***** ton of points when the buffs actually get used. Which is good because you want players to buff teammates when it's useful and not just on cooldown to get points...
    Like I said above, galactic assault buff 10+ players at the start, when they start shooting at eachother from their spawns you get tons of points.
  • Giliaaannn
    39 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    asdfasfsadf
  • My current problem with the system is, in the right hands a jump trooper is almost as good as a hero, yet once you get a jump pack trooper you can have them the rest of the game.

If you get a hero you only get a hero. Sure you could get a reinforcement after but it takes some build up.

When gunning for a hero you get to play nothing else before that. Then after you get a hero if you die with them you don't Even have the opportunity to play them again the rest of the match because of all the other players that caught up to you points wise.

Unless there's a hidden game mode that lasts longer than our current GA. Like a lot longer.

Then there's the noobs. They spend all match hoping for a hero too and they don't buy anything the ENTIRE match just saving up and waiting for a chance to play a hero.

Basically just feels like all the star wars diversity like special troopers and tanks and ships is all taken away for the sake of having a shot at a hero.

Plus it's kinda boring for me having first dibs at a hero every match. There was a sense of surprise and suspense and shock and yadda yadda in the older games hoping to snag a hero by chance.

I don't see it changing and I'm not really begging for a change but that's just my view on how it works.
  • Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    My current problem with the system is, in the right hands a jump trooper is almost as good as a hero, yet once you get a jump pack trooper you can have them the rest of the game.

Stopped readin there because that's not even true.
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I think the cost for battlepoints are fine. I really think if there was to be a change there should be more options for getting objective points. Get a kill while in the vicinity of the person holding the ion disruptor, kills near switches, shoot the Mtt while shields are down? Bonus Bonus Bonus. Even lower players should be able to shoot the giant vehicle that’s an objective.

This would also help those feel like they are contributing more to see the points racking up throughout the game.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I don't think the system itself should change but the characters could be better balanced. Reinforcements could be better priced while heroes could do with not accumulating more battle points while a hero or they could have their health regen taken away or something.
  • Giliaaannn wrote: »
    Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    My current problem with the system is, in the right hands a jump trooper is almost as good as a hero, yet once you get a jump pack trooper you can have them the rest of the game.

Stopped readin there because that's not even true.

Sorry, I should have put a * at the bottom stating "if you're good enough"

Yeah there are times when ish hits the fan and I doe before I can score another 2000 points. But if you can't consistently score 2000 points with the best class in the game you're not doing so hot
  • I have gotten the chance to play about 5 hours now..
    Most of my previous posts were speculation

I can honestly say I think the system in general is pretty good .. outside of my rant about heros..which still stands true.. I am on board with the system..

I would like to see a variation of this mode with no heros though ..just straight combat
  • Atm any reinforcement that's not hero isn't really worth it. You spend ten minutes saving up to be a Super Battle Droid and then you get taken our by some random in two seconds. It's not much fun. Casual players will just get frustrated and leave the game and it'll end up like the last one.

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    Atm any reinforcement that's not hero isn't really worth it. You spend ten minutes saving up to be a Super Battle Droid and then you get taken our by some random in two seconds. It's not much fun. Casual players will just get frustrated and leave the game and it'll end up like the last one.

Thats a lie. You can earn 3000 points in one life as a B2 or jumptrooper, if you use them well. Wookies are great at holding alleys and corridors, clone walkers are great both inside and outside of the palace. Sure you can have bad luck and die quickly, but that can happen with a hero too.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    Agherosh wrote: »
    Atm any reinforcement that's not hero isn't really worth it. You spend ten minutes saving up to be a Super Battle Droid and then you get taken our by some random in two seconds. It's not much fun. Casual players will just get frustrated and leave the game and it'll end up like the last one.

Thats a lie. You can earn 3000 points in one life as a B2 or jumptrooper, if you use them well. Wookies are great at holding alleys and corridors, clone walkers are great both inside and outside of the palace. Sure you can have bad luck and die quickly, but that can happen with a hero too.

This. Also B2s are excellent
  • Agherosh wrote: »

Yes but the chances of the average player being good enough to earn back all those points is kinda low. You're far more likely to get taken out quickly and cheaply than earn 3000 battle points. Even if you do play carefully.

• DarthJ
    6687 posts Member

Yes but the chances of the average player being good enough to earn back all those points is kinda low. You're far more likely to get taken out quickly and cheaply than earn 3000 battle points. Even if you do play carefully.

I do see most (75% say) of each team around or over 3,000 points by the palace stage
  • DarthJ wrote: »

I do see most (75% say) of each team around or over 3,000 points by the palace stage

That's nearly ten minutes into the game though see. Personally, taking ten minutes to get to 3,000 points seems a bit slow.

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member

Practice makes perfection.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Agherosh wrote: »

Truth be told, I am getting better. Got the hero three games in a row.

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member

I wasnt getting hero in my first 15 matches, now I get it once every match, and then a couple reinforcements.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • The point system is fine. I can get a hero at least once every game. I also jump in the AAT alot. It's perfect for the third leg when everone is at the stairwell.

People need to stop complaining about the guys that rack up kills. Without those guys, you all wouldn't be able to "play the objective." Team play is part of playing the objective.

I think yhe battlepoint costs are fine, but the lower tier guys should get some pity points as the game progesses.
  • Yurik
    38 posts Member

I wasnt getting hero in my first 15 matches, now I get it once every match, and then a couple reinforcements.

^ This. I don't consider myself a great player but I am able to get a hero at least once per game, sometimes twice as well as B2 or Jumptrooper.

I'm generally the one firing the disruptor though (sometimes the only one) so that definitely helps.
  • Yeah I totally feel the same. Even Darth Maul's ship seems a little pricey though, maybe it belongs closer to 3,000. I don't see it much. Same for Poe's X-Wing.

Are you basing that on them being unavailable for selection, or actually seeing them flying? If the former, okay (although I do see Poe flying around quite a bit). If the latter.... that's kind of the point (one is just another X-Wing from a distance, the other has a cloak).
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    See there are more getting to be the hero now.

Also, I wouldn't want it to change too much to cater to the casuals. They will be the first who leave for new games in a month or 2.
  • Instead of tokens i suggest a few crates around the map. Because i truly miss having access to thermal imploders and turrets and other goodies while not being limited to my class. They could even throw jet packs in. But make it randow instead of same stuff in each crate so we dont get campers.
  • Assist should be same as kill imo because so many times ive done all the work and some rando gets off a shot and gets my kill.
  • i think that there still should be some "chance" to get a hero for everybody without scoring that ammount of points! the system is OK! but the BLIND luck and HOPE is why we are all playing !
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    Assist should be same as kill imo because so many times ive done all the work and some rando gets off a shot and gets my kill.

I thought it does this anyway? Pretty sure after ive shot off 90% of a guys health that it gives me the kill even when someone else pops in the last shot
  • The scoring system is too biased for those making kills.
    * Vehicle damage virtually do not give points
    * Kill assist give peanuts
    * Objective score give peanuts

More points should be for those playing the objectives, those destroying vehicles and assist. Otherwise too difficult to reach hero level for those not good and killing. I hope this will be fixed otherwise a lot of people will be discouraged to play the game. At least it would be more balanced as Battlefront 1.

Also, it is very annoying to have the score point reset for reaching the next reinforcement.
  • Everything works good, except the price of the heroes compared to the time they die.You can spend 5k points, but a single mistake kills you easily and you start all over again.As for reinforcements, people think that just because they are special they can't die and can tank all game, which isnt true, except the Wookie.Its just too early, wait until most of players get a grip of how every single character works and whats the best use for it.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    FrogBoss74 wrote: »
    The scoring system is too biased for those making kills.
    * Vehicle damage virtually do not give points
    * Kill assist give peanuts
    * Objective score give peanuts

More points should be for those playing the objectives, those destroying vehicles and assist. Otherwise too difficult to reach hero level for those not good and killing. I hope this will be fixed otherwise a lot of people will be discouraged to play the game. At least it would be more balanced as Battlefront 1.

Also, it is very annoying to have the score point reset for reaching the next reinforcement.

Now I know thats a lie. Getting the ion disruptir gives 200 points and you get 500 points for firing. theres 700 points for firing the ion disruptor once. Assists give 100 points I believe? So add a few kills to an ion disruptor hit or 2 and you are almost there.

Granted I will give you vehicle hit points seperately, next to nothing there.

But again, explain to me why those not good at killing' or objective play should get the hero over those who dont play the objective
  • Not sure how up do the math but it is a long way there even with 30 assists.