criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Please do not change the battlepoints system, it works fine

13Next

Replies

• My ideal solution is for Battlepoints to kept like Credits are, but for you not to earn any whilst playing as any reinforcement (except maybe starfighters). This would mean that by playing a game or two every player will have had a chance to spawn in as something, and it would also limit the ability of those better players to hog Jump Troopers by immediately respawning as them after they die. Also, I've found on a number of occasions I've got the score needed to be a hero but I'll spawn in just as the game ends. Or worse, I'll end the game with 9k battlepoints by being an objective beast, but when I finally died I never got a chance to be a hero because they were already taken, so all my hard work was wasted. Furthermore as mentioned earlier this would mean you'd be more likely to try out vehicles and heroes in the first half of games, as it's possible there'll be more maps like Naboo where certain units become unavailable (or unwise) to choose as the map progresses.

There would naturally have to be some limitations, such as by setting a maximum cap to how many Battlepoints you can have banked at once, and also limits to prevent hogging as previously mentioned (which should be done regardless).

I think this would open the field up to everyone. Good players could still earn points faster and therefore claim rewards quicker, but everyone would be guaranteed a go, and be able to not have to worry about not having any time left in the match to enjoy what you've earned.

One last limitation is that you shouldn't be able to spawn in as a Hero right at the start of a match, there should be a randomised timer between 2-3 minutes where they become available. Anyone sitting in the spawn menu for more than a minute gets kicked anyway and it'd mean you'd have to play and it's all up to chance if you die at the right time to be the hero first!
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    My ideal solution is for Battlepoints to kept like Credits are, but for you not to earn any whilst playing as any reinforcement (except maybe starfighters). This would mean that by playing a game or two every player will have had a chance to spawn in as something, and it would also limit the ability of those better players to hog Jump Troopers by immediately respawning as them after they die. Also, I've found on a number of occasions I've got the score needed to be a hero but I'll spawn in just as the game ends. Or worse, I'll end the game with 9k battlepoints by being an objective beast, but when I finally died I never got a chance to be a hero because they were already taken, so all my hard work was wasted. Furthermore as mentioned earlier this would mean you'd be more likely to try out vehicles and heroes in the first half of games, as it's possible there'll be more maps like Naboo where certain units become unavailable (or unwise) to choose as the map progresses.

There would naturally have to be some limitations, such as by setting a maximum cap to how many Battlepoints you can have banked at once, and also limits to prevent hogging as previously mentioned (which should be done regardless).

I think this would open the field up to everyone. Good players could still earn points faster and therefore claim rewards quicker, but everyone would be guaranteed a go, and be able to not have to worry about not having any time left in the match to enjoy what you've earned.

One last limitation is that you shouldn't be able to spawn in as a Hero right at the start of a match, there should be a randomised timer between 2-3 minutes where they become available. Anyone sitting in the spawn menu for more than a minute gets kicked anyway and it'd mean you'd have to play and it's all up to chance if you die at the right time to be the hero first!

That is actually a good compromise. Nice to see someone who can provide soultions and be civil!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    My ideal solution is for Battlepoints to kept like Credits are, but for you not to earn any whilst playing as any reinforcement (except maybe starfighters). This would mean that by playing a game or two every player will have had a chance to spawn in as something, and it would also limit the ability of those better players to hog Jump Troopers by immediately respawning as them after they die. Also, I've found on a number of occasions I've got the score needed to be a hero but I'll spawn in just as the game ends. Or worse, I'll end the game with 9k battlepoints by being an objective beast, but when I finally died I never got a chance to be a hero because they were already taken, so all my hard work was wasted. Furthermore as mentioned earlier this would mean you'd be more likely to try out vehicles and heroes in the first half of games, as it's possible there'll be more maps like Naboo where certain units become unavailable (or unwise) to choose as the map progresses.

That is actually a good compromise. Nice to see someone who can provide soultions and be civil!

Thanks! Been here since the start just like you. Toxicity helps no one. All in all I'm really happy this system has replaced the tokens, great to see everyone rushing objectives and no-one hanging around! A few tweaks and it'll be perfect!
  • The battlepoints system is the one change from the original that feels like an improvement. Everything else seems like it was better before.

I hate the loot crates randomly deciding what upgrades I get, and I feel like the whole look and feel is a downgrade from the previous game.
  • It's ok, but right now i hate that everyone saves points for heroes... And then when u kill a hero, 3 seconds later hes already back. Pretty annoying.

Also, Defenders have WAY more changes to accumulate points in the first stage. 200 points just to PICK up the gun and 500 to shoot it.

Meanwhile, as an attack you get a measly 11 points for killing an Ion Cannon holder... Yes.. 11!
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    I now worrythat with the amount of threads crying about this that the devs will change it. Hope not, but its similar to the nerf criers from swbf1, they seemed to be the only ones listened to most of the time.
  • Afrom3istwr
    891 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I now worrythat with the amount of threads crying about this that the devs will change it. Hope not, but its similar to the nerf criers from swbf1, they seemed to be the only ones listened to most of the time.

Yeah, between those labeling this game as casual and the criers complaing about the top guys getting kills, it's hard to leave some actual feedback in here at times.

I've lived the new setup. Was a little wiery at first, but this game is completely different the SWBF1. The number of OHK weapons are WAY down and having the best star cards spread out amongst classes and made otber cards like flash extremely useful.

The only fixes I'd like to see are an overheat for the ee-4, longer refreshes on jumpacks, a cancel for Hans sharpshooter and more recoil on heavies shooting at a distance.

Overall, I'm excited to see all the upgrade cards that'll be in this game. I think we're going to see a lot of unique cards on classes and heroes.
    Post edited by Afrom3istwr on
  • I just want to play as rey without spending 10,000 hours playing matches in the vein hopes of getting to play as her. As it stands now, only a very select few people, possibly less than 5% of the entire playerbase is going to be able to play as a hero on a consistent basis.

Ive thought about it and My theory would be to have a system where every entire match you werent able to play as a hero, the hero's price would fall 500 battlepoints. For me, that means every 5 matches I would be able to play as a hero at least once since thatd bring it down to 2500battle points which is much more fair. Most I ever got in a match is 4700 or so and that was trying REALLY hard. I swear i'd have an easier time getting a penta-kill in paladins champions of the realm.

So far ive spent about 6 or so hours trying to play as rey, its literally the ONLY goal i have for this beta and the only reason im really continuing to play it. But its SOOO FRUSTRATING for it being JUST out of reach, every, single, time.

Its downright brutal sometimes to get any battlepoints at all. Seriously i buffed a few people at once with the officer, died and only got 1 battlepoint for it.
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member

Yeah, between those labeling this game as casual and the criers complaing about the top guys getting kills, it's hard to leave some actual feedback in here at times.

I've lived the new setup. Was a little wiery at first, but this game is completely different the SWBF1. The number of OHK weapons are WAY down and having the best star cards spread out amongst classes and made otber cards like flash extremely useful.

The only fixes is like to see are and overheat for the ee-4, longer refreshes on jumpacks, a cancel for Hans sharpshooter and more recoil on heavies shooting at a distance.

Overalln, I'm excited to see all the upgrade cards that'll be in this game. I think we're going to see a lot of unique cards on classes and heroes.

Yeah some good fixes there, I agree with you
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to really play like I've wanted yet..just a few hours over the course since wed..

But ..a question.
    I was in a game used 4 ions to blast the transport ...and hit every time 6 kills and did some defending of couple other guys with ions..felt I was an objective beast..yet I was at like 2000 pts.. before it went into the palace

My question is...how are players getting heros early on in the game at 5000pts
    When I feel I was doing all that I could to play objectively ... how and what am I doing wrong
    And how are these points even givin out?

yeah i have no idea, Ill do the objective, get a bunch of kills and assists and do really well but only end up with like 3500 at the end of a round. And yet some of them do almost nothing and get like 5k before the first half is even done.

• DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    Keep working and you will get there.
  • Marusame wrote: »
    dada_shift wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to really play like I've wanted yet..just a few hours over the course since wed..

But ..a question.
    I was in a game used 4 ions to blast the transport ...and hit every time 6 kills and did some defending of couple other guys with ions..felt I was an objective beast..yet I was at like 2000 pts.. before it went into the palace

When I feel I was doing all that I could to play objectively ... how and what am I doing wrong

yeah i have no idea, Ill do the objective, get a bunch of kills and assists and do really well but only end up with like 3500 at the end of a round. And yet some of them do almost nothing and get like 5k before the first half is even done.

Sounds to me that you need to change your strategy up some. You need to learn how to move around, find flanks and play the objective when it's at it's easiest.

If I'm grabbing the ion, I'm usually waiting until the MTT is close enough to the ion spawn bc it's easier to find cover. When the spawn point moves back, I'm pushing the boundary near the enemy spawn. It's a good way to get a couple of kills.

If I'm in the throne room, I move from one choke point to the other. Grenade large areas if I can or use explosive shot sentry at door ways to suppress, get kills and assists.

Just relying on ion shot isn't going to get you there bc they do too much damage to the MTT, meaning if you're too successful, you'll end the match with 4500 BP.

I'd also add that you need to go to arcade and learn how to play with those heroes bc if you don't, you're going to get real frustrated when you get one and immediately die.
  • lok
    970 posts Member
    Marusame wrote: »

But ..a question.

if you read the squad section while waiting to join,it sais if you stay with your squad you will obtain more points..and there is a card for the heavy class that the more you get hit the more points it gives you..these things are worth mentioning to those who are top 3 leaderboard with 2 kills....
  • lok
    970 posts Member
    *Please do not change the battlepoints system, it works fine

first day i was confused and didn`t like it,now once i learnt it isn`t about kills etc to get points,i love it,it is really well done imo......

i just wish people would look at some tuts and follow the in game advice and they would see that you can have 0 kills and obtain 5000+ points easily.
  • Aurugal
    50 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    My opinion is that we shouldn't have to be fighting a hero 24 7 no more than we would want a constant enemy helicopter flying over in Cod. I know this is kind of an unpopular opinion on this sub but a hero in a good players hands can be devastating. I think heroes and villains will satisfy those that came to battlefront to be to be mostly a hero imo.
  • haftrabbit
    36 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I just want to play as rey without spending 10,000 hours playing matches in the vein hopes of getting to play as her. As it stands now, only a very select few people, possibly less than 5% of the entire playerbase is going to be able to play as a hero on a consistent basis.

Ive thought about it and My theory would be to have a system where every entire match you werent able to play as a hero, the hero's price would fall 500 battlepoints. For me, that means every 5 matches I would be able to play as a hero at least once since thatd bring it down to 2500battle points which is much more fair. Most I ever got in a match is 4700 or so and that was trying REALLY hard. I swear i'd have an easier time getting a penta-kill in paladins champions of the realm.

So far ive spent about 6 or so hours trying to play as rey, its literally the ONLY goal i have for this beta and the only reason im really continuing to play it. But its SOOO FRUSTRATING for it being JUST out of reach, every, single, time.

Its downright brutal sometimes to get any battlepoints at all. Seriously i buffed a few people at once with the officer, died and only got 1 battlepoint for it.

then you can play rej 24/7 in arcade or this hero 4v4 modus??

galactic assault is a teamgame and if you havent been any use for my team i dont want you to waste hero slot sorry bro

maybe you should read up on what and how to get points before you come to forum crying. you can get to 5k + before the palace even without a single kill in case your aim is ****... but its easier to just make a forum post i guess
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    Aurugal wrote: »
    My opinion is that we shouldn't have to be fighting a hero 24 7 no more than we would want a constant enemy helicopter flying over in Cod. I know this is kind of an unpopular opinion on this sub but a hero in a good players hands can be devastating. I think heroes and villains will satisfy those that came to battlefront to be to be mostly a hero imo.

The heroes are an essential part of battlefront though. Wouldn't say it makes the game, but its a big factor. Thats not just for me only I assume
    Aurugal wrote: »

The heroes are an essential part of battlefront though. Wouldn't say it makes the game, but its a big factor. Thats not just for me only I assume

Agreed. Heroes are one of the truly unique qualities of the Battlefront experience. There's modes without them, and there'll be moments where they're not present, but truly an epic battle is led by a renowned and deadly leader :smile:

I did notice a problem in later games today where people were camping the Ion Disruptors on the clone side to maximise their points and be a hero asap. I feel like they should give a little less score, and there to be a bigger focus on team unit damage against the MTT vs. the 9 damage per blast from the Disruptors. The more you shoot it the more score you get etc.
  • Let's give the strongest players even stronger characters. How many times do you see the same person take mulitipul spots on the highlights page? I see that a lot. I don't see that in battle field 1, or 4 very often at all. And many times I see the same person in multiple slots here, he/she is a super battle Droid/trooper. Why? Because the best players already dominating get better tools to continue that domination.

How is that a fair system? I don't believe it is.
  • Vixeren wrote: »

People dislike it because they have to work towards something in game and want things handed to them like it's Battlefront 2015. The system is reasonable and fair, encourages PTO and working as a team. I have yet to see a valid complaint about the system other than there should be a que line for heroes.
    If people want heroes handed to them play in heroes vs villains
    stevenomes wrote: »
    People are upset essentially because they aren't good with the reinforcements. The main complaint I see is that they spend a lot of credit to get darth maul and then run into a hailstorm of blaster fire and die in 12 seconds. All their precious battlepoints lost and now have to basically start over earning them. I think some of this will be alleviated when people are able to play more of the arcade battles to get practice with the heroes. Some will still expect a system where there hero is essentially invincible for a limited amount of time.

Overall I don't really like using some of the high level heroes anyway right now because I haven't had enough practice to be comfortable with their abilities. Others just want to use them even if they have no idea what they are doing.

Same goes for these people.
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    edited October 2017

But ..a question.

Just to be clear ...I had a total of 2 hours playing G.A. with that comment.. by the end of my playing (see your thread) I was getting upwards 3k before the first phase was over..
    And while I'm bumping this thread.. I would have to admit I loved playing the officer so much..I had plenty of games to play as a hero...and chose not too.. lol
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    OspreyX wrote: »
    Let's give the strongest players even stronger characters. How many times do you see the same person take mulitipul spots on the highlights page? I see that a lot. I don't see that in battle field 1, or 4 very often at all. And many times I see the same person in multiple slots here, he/she is a super battle Droid/trooper. Why? Because the best players already dominating get better tools to continue that domination.

How is it unfair? The guy or guys at the 5k mark and get the hero have earned that through objective play or kills. Why therefore should joe bloggs who is 17th and not doing anything to help get given a hero?
    Let's give the strongest players even stronger characters. How many times do you see the same person take mulitipul spots on the highlights page? I see that a lot. I don't see that in battle field 1, or 4 very often at all. And many times I see the same person in multiple slots here, he/she is a super battle Droid/trooper. Why? Because the best players already dominating get better tools to continue that domination.

How is it unfair? The guy or guys at the 5k mark and get the hero have earned that through objective play or kills. Why therefore should joe bloggs who is 17th and not doing anything to help get given a hero?

Guys or Gals* .DarthJ
    Let's tread carefully over here.. you know how the this place can erupt over nothing

8)
  • Marusame wrote: »

But ..a question.

Sounds to me that you need to change your strategy up some. You need to learn how to move around, find flanks and play the objective when it's at it's easiest.

If I'm grabbing the ion, I'm usually waiting until the MTT is close enough to the ion spawn bc it's easier to find cover. When the spawn point moves back, I'm pushing the boundary near the enemy spawn. It's a good way to get a couple of kills.

If I'm in the throne room, I move from one choke point to the other. Grenade large areas if I can or use explosive shot sentry at door ways to suppress, get kills and assists.

Just relying on ion shot isn't going to get you there bc they do too much damage to the MTT, meaning if you're too successful, you'll end the match with 4500 BP.

I'd also add that you need to go to arcade and learn how to play with those heroes bc if you don't, you're going to get real frustrated when you get one and immediately die.

You cant, at least not in the beta, the arcade mode only lets you play as the sith side. there is NO way to play rey outside of doing it in the 40 player game mode.
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member

Guys or Gals* .DarthJ
    Let's tread carefully over here.. you know how the this place can erupt over nothing

8)

Woop sorry, I stand corrected. Lads and lasses it is
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    Has the system been changed? Just noticed on my first game on the extension, that there were 3-4 guys on 4kish points on the Republic side, but a guy in 8th on 2k points spawned in as Rey?
    Has the system been changed? Just noticed on my first game on the extension, that there were 3-4 guys on 4kish points on the Republic side, but a guy in 8th on 2k points spawned in as Rey?

I've noticed there's some severe discrepancy between the "Score" you have and how many Battlepoints you have. Certain actions or classes don't appear to reflect in Score but grant battlepoints so that you'll often have more points than the score shows. I've managed to afford a hero when it says I've only been on ~3k before playing as an officer, so I suspect something isn't adding correctly to score there.
  • Crapachinosan
    104 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Geadaan wrote: »
    Your rewarding people who already do well with stronger units. So let's say in the first ten minutes team A completely runs the field, then they start spawning stronger units in. What chance does this give team B who already was struggling with basic units to fight against a slew of reinforcement and heroes. It completely makes fights one sided. We aren't seeing a lot of it now, but people want heroes to be stronger, if that happens then my scenario will be very obvious too.

At least the old way it gave team B a chance to snag a token and potentially turn around a fight even if they weren't doing well to begin with.

There should be only one hero per match and team - I am sick of fighting f**king Luke Skywalker (or any other hero) 3 times in a single match. Now you get to fight with 2+ heroes simultaneously.... wtf