criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Suck at Star Fighters?

Ok so the new roll feature was originally very odd.. Kinda got used to it, but i just couldn't manipulate the fighter the way I wanted and It was pants..

If this sounds like you too turn off roll completely in the options.. Trust me you'll thank me.. As will your kill count :)

Replies

• Yes the settings are very helpful. Once you get used to the mechanics you’ll want to turn on rolling with auto-leveling and eventually turn auto-leveling off.
  • MWB33
    1388 posts Member
    I'm going to have to try that this evening. Last night I only played a couple games of that mode, and got rekt both times. I stuck to the infantry modes the rest of the night.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • SAmulticore
    3323 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    It’s better to suck now while your KD doesn’t matter, highly recommend leaving all the advanced settings on and just getting used to it. After a while you’re like;

4a5.gif
  • Agree with @SAmulticore. Leave the settings on and practice! I think being able to learn the basics now will give you an even bigger advantage later on, particularly when the game is open to the public.

That said, I did pretty well in Starfighter yesterday, so the air is a little thin up here on Smug Mountain. ;)
  • MWB33
    1388 posts Member
    Agree with @SAmulticore. Leave the settings on and practice! I think being able to learn the basics now will give you an even bigger advantage later on, particularly when the game is open to the public.

That said, I did pretty well in Starfighter yesterday, so the air is a little thin up here on Smug Mountain. ;)

LoL

I've never been a big flying game person (except the old Rogue Squadrons on Game Cube). In the last one I did alright, but never really enjoyed it. On this one I'll probably only fly just enough to accomplish things, so I'll take any tips I can get. :D
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • I'm on the PS4 and thank goodness the option to turn the roll and advanced flight was there. With them on, I could never level out properly. I think it could work if there was a button to reset your leveling out. But in the meantime, I have better control, but without the rolls–and yes, Degener8 is right, your kill count is much better!
  • As others have said, u can practice with the advanced settings and roll turned on :). Eventually u can do some good stuff like this video I uploaded earlier :)

• I’d say start with roll on yet turn advanced settings off so you’ll auto-level after a second if you can’t right on your own.
  • Turn off roll and you can get stuck upside down if you do loops.. LOL not worth it..