criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. To help eliminate spam and fake accounts, you must have a linked EA account and own Star Wars Battlefront I or II to post on the relevant game boards.

Have issues posting, but own the game? Log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Game Wont start - black screen then... nothing :(

Sorty
3 posts Member
edited October 6
http://imgland.net/file/Hz9XcVUunFgIunP3cunPz8unNg.png

thats a black screen i got everytime i trying to run the game... its for liek 2-3sec then disapering :(

what i tryed to do:

reinstaled origin client
downloaded new driviers for my card
downloaded c++ 2013 x86 and x64
downloaded c++ 2015 x86 and x64

what i'm missing ?? :( please help

Replies

• Deadpool019
    4 posts Member
    edited October 6
    Same for me, i tried everything. and same. black screen after 2-4 sec it closes itself. But looks like nobody help :D
  • Kerduk782
    455 posts Member
    edited October 6
    --==<< Sorty FIXED MY ISSUE! Thanks dude! >>==--
    Downloaded Beta. Uninstalled/Reinstalled Origin. Updated nVidia Drivers. Did absolutely nothing...
    Sorty wrote: »
    Downloaded and installed KB2670838 from Microsoft... Now that worked.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2670838/platform-update-for-windows-7-sp1-and-windows-server-2008-r2-sp1
    I reinstalled Windows 7 probably a few months ago. Did most of the updates and everything was running smoothly. But it seems this small 11.3 MB update was exactly what was needed to get the game running. I actually tested this by launching the game at least 3 times with success.
    Now it's time to play...
    Battlefront I Beta Tester - I hope Battlefront II will be amazing by delivering; Space Battles w/ Infantry Boarding Parties, Stormtroopers w/ Helmets, 64 Player Mode, Hardcore Mode (Lightsaber 1HK), Fixed Squads, In-Game VOIP, Server Browser/Filter, Private Server Hosting, Mod Support and Clan Support.
  • Kerduk782 wrote: »
    --==<< Sorty FIXED MY ISSUE! Thanks dude! >>==--
    Downloaded Beta. Uninstalled/Reinstalled Origin. Updated nVidia Drivers. Did absolutely nothing...
    Sorty wrote: »
    Downloaded and installed KB2670838 from Microsoft... Now that worked.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2670838/platform-update-for-windows-7-sp1-and-windows-server-2008-r2-sp1
    I reinstalled Windows 7 probably a few months ago. Did most of the updates and everything was running smoothly. But it seems this small 11.3 MB update was exactly what was needed to get the game running. I actually tested this by launching the game at least 3 times with success.
    Now it's time to play...

Having this same issue with Windows 10. Nothing helps. What to do? :( After I installed the game I managed to start the game once, but then I made the mistake of turning on the Directx 12 option in the graphics settings, the game told me to restart, and now it only gives me that black screen. FML.
  • EA, hello? Lots of people with the same problem here. We can't even launch the game. You do eventually plan to have HELP on your HELP forum, right? Hello? Is this thing on? Hello?
  • I am having the same problem, I changed the graphics settings and told me it will apply when I restart the game, and when I did my system froze. and it has been like that since then.
    I tried to get the settings to default through my Nvidia application, but it doesn't even recognize Battlefront II Beta as a game, and I cannot list it in the application to set the settings to recommended.
    I also tried to right click the games exe file and chose run using graphics processor and I tried to scale down all the features, but it didn't work.
    I even tried to uninstall the Beta or reinstall, I couldn't find a way for that.
    I already pre-ordered the Delux edition, and I hope this problem will not be shifted to the original game when released.

I really demand some suggestions to solve this.
  • Get also only a black screen. Sound is working but nothing more and no help from EA. At least, I won't buy the game.
  • Found a possible solution here:
    answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-quot-The-game-won-t-launch-quot-thread/td-p/6315909

Some solutions:

1) if u have black screen u can try windowed or borderless mode:

a) pressing Alt+Enter;
    b) setup a game for launching in window mode by edit file ProfileOptions_profile in "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta\settings\":

windowed:
    GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 0
    GstRender.FullscreenMode 1

borderless:
    GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 0
    GstRender.FullscreenMode 2
    GstRender.WindowBordersEnable 0

(If u dont have mentioned files/folders - create it.)

2) disable/enable DX12 (also for black screen):

edit two settings files BootOptions and ProfileOptions_profile in "C:\Users\[UserName]Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta\settings\" (0 - disable, 1 - enable):
    GstRender.EnableDx12 0

in this topic worked strange solution:
    - in a file BootOptions (yes without "0" or "1"):
    GstRender.EnableDx12
    - in a file ProfileOptions_profile:
    GstRender.EnableDx12 0

(If u dont have mentioned files/folders - create it.)

To achieve a full clean reinstall of the game, uninstall the game, uninstall Origin and delete the "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta\" folder.
  • OK, found the solution that worked for me. Deleted the "C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta\" folder. Reinstalled and started the game, works. This time did not turn on the DX12 option in the graphics settings. So far so good.
  • Windows 10 issue with not even booting black screen issue fixed:

- Created BootOptions.ini file in settings folder manually created in the C:\Users\"name"\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta\Settings. <---- make this folder yourself as well as the bootoptions file in the folder
    - wrote comand in fle as follows
    - GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 0
    - GstRender.FullscreenMode 1
    - GstRender.EnableDx12 0
    - Right clicked shotcut and selected compatability mode windows 7 and run as admin, applied and launched game
    - booted to windowed game and pressed alt enter to full screen

Hope this helps I can now play after a day and half trying to fix this with all the advice of unintstalling origin yada yada yada blah blah blah not working lol.
  • Bump.