criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Can someone explain how credits are awarded?

I just put in a match with 30 kills over 11k in BP and nearly a clean sweep on awards after our team won midway through phase 1, yet I somehow only got 100 credits for it.

Replies

• I think the longer the game takes the more credits you get based on performance. I'm not certain on this. I have had super fast Starfighter Assault matches and only got ~70 credits.
  • I hope this is just for the beta because I'll be ***** if they only reward credits based on the time of the match.
  • Credit rewards just flat-out suck. Especially since you only get 3 items per crate.

The most I've ever seen rewarded from a match is 150.
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    I'm reasonably certain it's due to the limits set in the beta. I noticed on Wednesday evening that once I hit rank 10 I got a message saying I'd reached the maximum amount of credits that can be earned today. From that point on I've only received 45-150 credits per match. I admit to not paying attention to how many credits per match I was earning prior to hitting that. I've got a friend that will start playing later today with the open portion. I'll ask him to keep an eye on it.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • I average from 150 on a match in Galactic Conquest to 270 some games and I'm rank 10. No idea why people are getting mixed results.
  • The most I've gotten was 250 on GA and that was with me literally on an objective the whole time, with at least 18 kills, roughly 15 assists, and about 12,000 overall score. In strike, the most I've gotten was 180, and that was with me being the top player on my team. The amount of credits per match is ridiculously low. Although I think that kills with reinforcement classes may garner more score/credits. Not sure though.
  • ARC211092 wrote: »
    The most I've gotten was 250 on GA and that was with me literally on an objective the whole time, with at least 18 kills, roughly 15 assists, and about 12,000 overall score. In strike, the most I've gotten was 180, and that was with me being the top player on my team. The amount of credits per match is ridiculously low. Although I think that kills with reinforcement classes may garner more score/credits. Not sure though.

It seems low but in my honest opinion if I average from 100 to 200 credits a match I wouldn't mind around 5 to 10 matches for a crate. I think they need to buff the gains for the shorter matches because getting ~70 for the Rebels not even getting past the first phase on Starfighter is kinda lame.
  • If you finish a game you'll notice it says overall score "0" on the left of your earned credits, I've a feeling this may be a bug that effects the overall credits earned in a match.

Most I've earned I have a total score of about 10k and earned 270 credits.

I've had games earning 19k and made around 150.

So I believe it's bugged.
    Command_Cookem "Self proclaimed Officer Legend"
  • Othiion wrote: »
    ARC211092 wrote: »
    The most I've gotten was 250 on GA and that was with me literally on an objective the whole time, with at least 18 kills, roughly 15 assists, and about 12,000 overall score. In strike, the most I've gotten was 180, and that was with me being the top player on my team. The amount of credits per match is ridiculously low. Although I think that kills with reinforcement classes may garner more score/credits. Not sure though.

It seems low but in my honest opinion if I average from 100 to 200 credits a match I wouldn't mind around 5 to 10 matches for a crate. I think they need to buff the gains for the shorter matches because getting ~70 for the Rebels not even getting past the first phase on Starfighter is kinda lame.

I've only played one match of SA, and I did so as an Imperial, and my team lost. I don't recall how much I got at the end of that match, but I do recall the tie bomber esentially being an airborne tank, lol.
  • Yeah the bombers are pretty OP. The slow speed makes them impossible to kill up close.
  • Yeah the bombers are pretty OP. The slow speed makes them impossible to kill up close.

What's even worse about it is the fact that I got the highest tier card for my bomber's armor, so it takes even less damage.
  • Yeah, star fighters ok. I have tried getting into it, but there's just way too much going on and the dudes that do play seem to be able to snipe with bombers.
  • Yeah, star fighters ok. I have tried getting into it, but there's just way too much going on and the dudes that do play seem to be able to snipe with bombers.

It's more like they don't overheat nearly as fast, so bomber players can guide shots and track alot easier than interceptor or fighter.
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    Yeah, star fighters ok. I have tried getting into it, but there's just way too much going on and the dudes that do play seem to be able to snipe with bombers.

It's more like they don't overheat nearly as fast, so bomber players can guide shots and track alot easier than interceptor or fighter.

Exactly...I played for a few hours last night to clear star fighter challenges, and I quickly gravitated towards the bombers. The slow overheat and higher armor make them my go to. The fighters are next. The interceptors are a distant third...overheat too fast and can't take a punch.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • It's only gimped right now so that you don't unlock crates after every match. At release, I'm thinking points would be awarded like the first game (10 points = 1 credit)
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    It's only gimped right now so that you don't unlock crates after every match. At release, I'm thinking points would be awarded like the first game (10 points = 1 credit)

I agree. And even if that wasn't EA/Dice's initial plan, there will be enough feedback from the community that it should definitely be raised from what we see this weekend.
  • So.. just completed a match. 11,430 score, 43 kills, 2 objectives destroyed and 270 credits earned.. seems a bit less for all the work I did in Galactic Assault
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    Friend of mine downloaded last night. Jumped into a match of SA with me. He got two kills, and only a few shots on the objective before match ended. Glitch...he gets around 70,000 XP. Jumped him from rank 1 to 10 after a partial match. Only got around 1000 credits...then rest of our matches credits mirrors what I earned.