criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Let's get something straight. Heroes are fine atm.

I know I made a thread before stating they're garbage. I completely disagree at this point.

Not only have I gotten far better I've actually acquired more information about the full retail game that makes me believe the heroes we have are fine. Considering how powerful people like maul were in the alpha I'm kind of worried for heroes we don't have access to.

But id like to see the "heroes are horrible" mentality completely gone from our community.

I'm hoping dice is wise enough to realize people begging for hero balancing changes don't know what they're talking about, and they don't change heroes too much based on all the negative feedback.

Hero health still bothers me a bit but ish happens. You're not always gonna get 45 kills a game. Sometimes you'll round a corner and take a rocket to the face by accident. Just gonna happen.

Replies

• They should take a little less damage, especially Han. But that’s a balance issue, overall they feel great.
  • Yeah, they aren't worse than the heroes in other games, they're just different.
  • bfloo
    14035 posts Member
    The only hero I find to be awful so far is Han.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• They should take a little less damage, especially Han. But that’s a balance issue, overall they feel great.

Yeah slight adjustments like that would be cool. Boba can get slaughtered by jump pack troopers too but maybe there's something specific dice can do to solve this specific problem without making it a nightmare for a regular trooper to take him down.
  • Yeah, they aren't worse than the heroes in other games, they're just different.

Idk bro. I'd say current maul is worse than battlefront 2 maul. Battlefront 2 from the ps2 era that is. He was THE ****. Like Idk if anyone could ever beat that maul. Rip.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    I know I made a thread before stating they're garbage. I completely disagree at this point.

Not only have I gotten far better I've actually acquired more information about the full retail game that makes me believe the heroes we have are fine. Considering how powerful people like maul were in the alpha I'm kind of worried for heroes we don't have access to.

But id like to see the "heroes are horrible" mentality completely gone from our community.

I'm hoping dice is wise enough to realize people begging for hero balancing changes don't know what they're talking about, and they don't change heroes too much based on all the negative feedback.

Hero health still bothers me a bit but ish happens. You're not always gonna get 45 kills a game. Sometimes you'll round a corner and take a rocket to the face by accident. Just gonna happen.

If they're so great then why does everyone camp with them?
  • I've managed to get Rey a few times, and most of the time I've died immediately. Though the fact that I rushed into a full room trying to defend an objective the droids were taking probably had a lot to do with it. I need to be more patient and not go all YOLO, even if I'm trying to play objective (nay, especially then).
  • kez432 wrote: »
    Goldhawk1 wrote: »

If they're so great then why does everyone camp with them?

I've never seen that happen.

I'd love to see a maul camp. Like could you imagine maul hiding behind a rock trying to throw his saber halfway across the map.

But nah there's a lot of RUNNING AWAY. Which is obvious. I mean what do you do when you're a trooper and get shot? Do you run away and recover health? Or do you stand there and let your face get pummeled so you could squeeze out another half kill?
  • Happles
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I've managed to get Rey a few times, and most of the time I've died immediately. Though the fact that I rushed into a full room trying to defend an objective the droids were taking probably had a lot to do with it. I need to be more patient and not go all YOLO, even if I'm trying to play objective (nay, especially then).

I found playing Rey more defensively works well. Having her kind of tank blaster fire with her deflect, allows your teammates behind you to shoot at the enemies uncontested. And her sense allows you to keep an eye on enemy positions. Of course if you try to solo a team you're going to die.

I like the fact that the heroes aren't unstoppable forces, and you have to play carefully.

Han could definitely use some love though.
  • Goldhawk1 wrote: »

At least you admitted you were wrong! Rey is underwhelming so far but I need more practice and upgrades with her