criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Staying with Battlefront 1

Prev13
After the disaster that is BF2, I will be staying with BF1. Thank you DICE for reminding me why I enjoy BF1 so much.

Replies

• Wheeet BF2 is gordeous ma boy!! I think that BF1 was the biggest cancer of 2015.
  • Vodka and pork...xbox, PlayStation or pc? I'm with you brother
  • Vodka and pork...xbox, PlayStation or pc? I'm with you brother

Xbox. I am part of a turning point clan and almost every member feels the same way I do.
  • I'm on Xbox as well...i normally just play walker assault but I do play all modes except heroes vs villains lol. Add me and I'll play with or against you in turning point. Gt is: about 600 cats
  • Meant hero hunt...not heroes vs villains. Sorry
  • MWB33
    1390 posts Member
    And I have the opposite feeling. I by no means feel the new one is amazing (except visually). I jumped into the old one to play with a couple friends this afternoon. Spawn in...other team has 6 try hard, no objective playing clowns all rocking bactaguard with ES or bactaguard with adrenaline stim.

Frak that....no bactaguards alone makes the new one better.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Well we don't know all the star cards yet...but there is an adrenaline stim and explosive shot card...so bacta might still be A thing
  • MWB33
    1390 posts Member
    I'm sure it will still be in some form...but probably not the walking tank of 260 health. Plus the ones that drop the bomb right as engaging meaning you have to take them down from even more.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • I got to say I've just played a couple of hours for the first time in ages and really enjoyed it. After playing the Beta for 2 days this game feels so much more Star Wars. I've done my fair amount of complaining about both games but 2 feels like a step in the wrong direction.

I'll be sticking with this.
  • So far I feel the same way. I honestly enjoyed the simplicity of BF1's menus, loading screens, and card set up.
  • They are two different games entirely. I love the multiplayer of the first Battlefront, although it still has its issues... this new one I'm not sold on tbh. They abandoned so much of what I loved for so much of what I never asked for
  • I will be playing both. And if they release swbf2 2005 on Xbox I'll be playing all 3. Online and offline with the wife. If you see LoneShooter72 and SheHulkBandnerd give a bacta blue ***** our way we need it we are not that good.
  • I have played the Beta all weekend but i am just not feeling BF2. I am just totally in love wiht BF1 for all its faults, just much more playable and enjoyable for me. Will keep playing the Beta and hopng on release that BF2 feels better. Played Beta for 20 minutes last night, binned it off for BF1 which a played for 3 hours.

Is is me or do you find the droids really difficult to see in gameplay? Playing as clone troopers I really struggle to see the droids.
  • It's hard to see the droids because they're skinny and a similar colour to the backgrounds.
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    It's hard to see the droids because they're skinny and a similar colour to the backgrounds.

Yep and that gives them a huge advantage. Shame they cannot be fatties :D
  • Apparently they still have the same hitboxes but they're still hard to see.
    Apparently they still have the same hitboxes but they're still hard to see.

Was squinting like mad looking for them last night!
  • Yea good luck with that lol. games dead enough. what happens to that dead game when the new game comes out? the reason you wont leave is because your one of those players who use an op loadout and combat roll everywhere. then jump on the beta and become ant food. i don't like the beta much and I'm damm good at bf1. harden up princess. practice makes perfect

• Yea good luck with that lol. games dead enough. what happens to that dead game when the new game comes out? the reason you wont leave is because your one of those players who use an op loadout and combat roll everywhere. then jump on the beta and become ant food. i don't like the beta much and I'm damm good at bf1. harden up princess. practice makes perfect

You sound like you know what you are talking about.... but you dont. you dont know how I play. Cannot really come out with a random comment like that. Especially using the word Princess. I find games all the time, never have to wait or hunt around so at the moment I am fine. Stop making assumptions is my advice, dont tar everyone with the same brush eh.
  • For Star Wars fun to play with my son or neighbor. Staying with Battelfront 1. The monkied Battlefron 2 up.
  • Staying with Battelfront 1 too.
  • BF2 is so intensely...boring. Really hope they speed the game up, create at least some form of squad spawn system for parties to have a crack at working together on.
    The killings fun for about 20 mins, but the lack of any challenging objectives just makes it quite dull.
    I've managed maybe 1 hour on BF 2 all weekend, played for hours on BF1. EA have so far failed on the sequel, but the original is still amazing (even with the glitches). I'll be sticking with BF1 no matter what.
  • jeans
    345 posts Member
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    I will be playing both.

Yeah!

Ignoring how the new one plays differently, bringing back Drop Zone and Cargo would be a wise decision.
    yt jeanschweppe
  • I’ll admit, I absolutely love bf15, this beta made me appreciate it all the more. With a few minor tweaks and more content bf15 would be the perfect game imo. Also got tons of great memories, it’ll be sad to see it go.
  • The more I play the more I like both different games same star wars. It's like having oranges and apples I don't have to say which I like better I like them both. But if they through in 2005 battlefront 2 then that's like a banana and I'm eating all three.
  • Beerus70 wrote: »
    I’ll admit, I absolutely love bf15, this beta made me appreciate it all the more. With a few minor tweaks and more content bf15 would be the perfect game imo. Also got tons of great memories, it’ll be sad to see it go.

Gonna miss it big B, good times 4sho.
  • The radar needs to be like Battlefront 1 so your not constantly getting shot in the back and that would incline more people to go a variety of classes and i agree the droids are quite hard to see and the lasers need colourized to see whats shooting you.
  • So will BF1 defo be lost forever when BF2 kicks in? I hope it is still around and with some people to play still?
  • Corndog75 wrote: »
    So will BF1 defo be lost forever when BF2 kicks in? I hope it is still around and with some people to play still?

I honestly can't see many people playing after Battlefront 2 launch.
  • Sticking with SWBF1 for a while. After playing swbf2 beta and then going back to the first game you immediately notice the gameplay speed difference. I think swbf2 messed up by leaving out cargo and drop zone, they will probably make this part of a DLC and it should be standard.
  • I agree that the first game has much better speed flow, beta feels a bit clunky. I'm actually kind of looking forward to going back to the first game after a break from it.
    Corndog75 wrote: »
    So will BF1 defo be lost forever when BF2 kicks in? I hope it is still around and with some people to play still?

I honestly can't see many people playing after Battlefront 2 launch.

Hope this is the case, I am still loving BF1, didnt even go on BF2 beta last night, instead played 3 hours of BF1.
  • Doc_Holliday
    319 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    KhilonaJ wrote: »
    Sticking with SWBF1 for a while. After playing swbf2 beta and then going back to the first game you immediately notice the gameplay speed difference. I think swbf2 messed up by leaving out cargo and drop zone, they will probably make this part of a DLC and it should be standard.

Yep, yep, and yep, me to. Gonna miss playing with this guy.

• Beerus70 wrote: »
    I’ll admit, I absolutely love bf15, this beta made me appreciate it all the more. With a few minor tweaks and more content bf15 would be the perfect game imo. Also got tons of great memories, it’ll be sad to see it go.

I agree.
  • I struggled in the Beta, but I also see why many complained about BF1 being arcade like. To me, BF1 is like a Michael Bay movie. Critics hate it, but it is just stupid fun. BF2 looks almost like its designed with critics and hard core gamers in mind. I liked it, but I'm a casual kind of guy and I don't look forward to being wrecked constantly. And that feeling of moving in mud is just pervasive. Even so, I'll grind my way up as long as the fears of pay to play do not make it too difficult..
  • meanjoeira wrote: »
    I struggled in the Beta, but I also see why many complained about BF1 being arcade like. To me, BF1 is like a Michael Bay movie. Critics hate it, but it is just **** fun. BF2 looks almost like its designed with critics and hard core gamers in mind. I liked it, but I'm a casual kind of guy and I don't look forward to being wrecked constantly. And that feeling of moving in mud is just pervasive. Even so, I'll grind my way up as long as the fears of pay to play do not make it too difficult..

Man that’s a great post, I think many make up their mind before giving games a chance. I won’t do that for bf2 even though so far I’m a little worried. I’ll put in the time and decide for myself and that what everyone else should do, do listen to the next guy, decide for yourself. But yes it looks more like a critics game somewhat. I also know how frustrating it is to get smashed over and over, it makes people want to quit because it’s just no fun. Balance should be a huge deal i this game. I already see stronger players getting heroes with ease which kinda sucks for the new guys or weaker players that would like a chance. Most top guys I know only want to play guys on their level, not have it be a lopsided mess; to bad it’s not that way everywhere. Ive found very little honer in gaming and that’s to bad.
  • That? A disaster? I'd rather stick with the second game, least I won't get 200 kills as a hero there and get banned for it. Hopefully... Seriously, I don't have a feeling that even 1 hero is unbalanced.
    But what is unbalanced is the amount of heavy mains, as in TF2.
    If you're asking, I have not cheated ever in Battlefront 2015 nor do I plan on doing it in the second game.
    Do you know how [un]balanced Bossk is?
  • I will also keep playing Battlefront 1. After testing the Beta version of Battlefront 2, I feel Battlefront 1 is more enjoyable to play and the layout/visuals are clearer as well. Somehow, I am not really getting a good vibe while playing the Beta version of Battlefront 2...
  • That? A disaster? I'd rather stick with the second game, least I won't get 200 kills as a hero there and get banned for it. Hopefully... Seriously, I don't have a feeling that even 1 hero is unbalanced.
    But what is unbalanced is the amount of heavy mains, as in TF2.
    If you're asking, I have not cheated ever in Battlefront 2015 nor do I plan on doing it in the second game.
    Do you know how [un]balanced Bossk is?

I don't believe anyone denies that BF1 has it's share of flaws, Bossk among those, but a drastic overhaul like this is far too much IMO.
  • Man you guys are right, why not refine bf15. Add the new bigger maps along with the new modes of bf2, fix the imbalance issues, the exploits, the glitches, the server lag, and even add classes. Could make for a perfect game just build off what they had in bf1 instead of a complete redo.
  • I hope the playerbase stays active for you but I have the opposite feeling. Once BF2 drops I'll uninstall the current game. It's been a fun 2 years (still playing) but the crutch cards, explosive spam and everyone jump packing around was very glaring after the beta.
  • I hope the playerbase stays active for you but I have the opposite feeling. Once BF2 drops I'll uninstall the current game. It's been a fun 2 years (still playing) but the crutch cards, explosive spam and everyone jump packing around was very glaring after the beta.

I think most people will be on bf2 as well, me included at least for a while. I seldom play public matches anymore for the same reasons, only private where we can regulate the spam items and traits so none of that silliness. I’m hoping bf2 isn’t full of 1 shot spam items, we’ll see. And yep it’s been a fun 2 years, hope to see many of you guys on bf2.
  • As always I will play a little online and play a lot offline. That's with both games. I just don't feel the grind anymore for something I want just to get it then something new comes along. There is always someone that will find a glitch and exploit it making any game not fun.

Back to offline Cod gears raid warband chilvary vegas2 battlefront 2015 offline games
  • I will stick to BF2015 as well. I will play the new one for almost free when they add it next year to Origin Access. I won't pay full price for a game that is a visual downgrade to its predecessor and I dont even enjoy gameplay wise.

But, this is something I just realised:

They might just port the already done maps from BF1 to BF2, and then we could say it is not downgraded, but stayed the same. Seriusly, if the assets are there, why don't add them? Not much work for them, but new maps for us. I'd even pay for a DLC like this. ALL BATLLEFRONT 2015 MAPS PACK. Then I'd switch to Battlefront 2017 and we would not have to worry about that we cant play DLC maps in the original game when it gets empty.
  • if you a only care ground maps and old era you def stay in btf1 because already deathstar - endor- hoth -tataoine jakku half of same. but conside endor have night map tatoine have mos esiley. jakku and hoth mainly will same.

but if you have space lover and love fighter squadron mode you have to buy the battlefront2 because endor( deathstardepris) -fondor - ryloth -Unknown Regions space maps also kamino ground map lke first fighter squadron.
  • LaDavidoff wrote: »
    BF2 is so intensely...boring. Really hope they speed the game up, create at least some form of squad spawn system for parties to have a crack at working together on.
    The killings fun for about 20 mins, but the lack of any challenging objectives just makes it quite dull.
    I've managed maybe 1 hour on BF 2 all weekend, played for hours on BF1. EA have so far failed on the sequel, but the original is still amazing (even with the glitches). I'll be sticking with BF1 no matter what.
    Did you even play the beta? Strike was far from boring. The objectives are fine. I honestly can’t believe anybody here prefers the older one THAT MADE YOU PAY AT LEAST 20 EXTRA DOLLARS FOR CONTENT. Also the star cards ar fracked in BF1, with the obviously best weapons and OP heroes being locked behind a paywall. You guys can stay on BF1, it’ll do everyone else a favor lol.
  • Strike sucked imo, right along side the gunplay, no skill noob friendly game. I’ll be playing it, but call it what it is, a redo for noobs. Again only my opinion, for those that loved the beta that’s awesome
  • bf2 is better in every aspect theres no reason to stay with bf1 (except if you are cheating because its so ***** easy apparently)