criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Staying with Battlefront 1

Replies

• Strike sucked imo, right along side the gunplay, no skill noob friendly game. I’ll be playing it, but call it what it is, a redo for noobs. Again only my opinion, for those that loved the beta that’s awesome

ok noob cant wait to smash u 1v1 old game was more noob friendly personal shield bacta jetpack scrubs like yourself

Thanks Thomas, your work is appreciated on the yard.
    #1 Ranked Officer NA.
  • Don't feed the troll.
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll.

But it is so entertaining to feed them these days :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Doc_Holliday
    319 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Strike sucked imo, right along side the gunplay, no skill noob friendly game. I’ll be playing it, but call it what it is, a redo for noobs. Again only my opinion, for those that loved the beta that’s awesome

ok noob cant wait to smash u 1v1 old game was more noob friendly personal shield bacta jetpack scrubs like yourself

How bout you come smash me now bub, why wait, I’m still playing. I’ll more that gladly send you an invite on bf1 or bf2, it doesn’t really matter which one but being bf1 is still going. So whatta say, we can even post results.
  • After seeing the gameplay from the single player campaign I will be picking this up. However, I'll be buying it second hand because I don't want to give EA any money.

It will be £20 within a month a CEX.
  • That? A disaster? I'd rather stick with the second game, least I won't get 200 kills as a hero there and get banned for it. Hopefully... Seriously, I don't have a feeling that even 1 hero is unbalanced.
    But what is unbalanced is the amount of heavy mains, as in TF2.
    If you're asking, I have not cheated ever in Battlefront 2015 nor do I plan on doing it in the second game.
    Do you know how [un]balanced Bossk is?

i can't believe you're still whining about this. listen, you were spawn camping with Bossk, otherwise you can't make 200 kills, we allready figured that out long ago in your thread. so you were banned for spawn camping, not cheating per se, try to get over it and most of all get the facts straight.

Wer die Wahrheit sagt braucht ein verdammt schnelles Pferd!
  • i will stick to swbf too, the only mode i really enjoyed from a-z was starfighter assault in the beta, really nice made and definitely a better flying experience than in the present game. but that's about it, the infantry modes seem to be pretty flat and i really don't like classes. HvV sounds like the new Overwatch mode :/
    however, the content doesn't justify the price right now, i'll get it later cheaper, second hand or whatever.
  • I'm staying with swbf2 classic Xbox 360 going through my Xbox one till they make it backward compatible seeing how they refuse to hear fans. Just played about 5 games in instant action and it was the best hour of star wars in the last 2 years alone.
  • Techkiddz wrote: »
    LaDavidoff wrote: »
    BF2 is so intensely...boring. Really hope they speed the game up, create at least some form of squad spawn system for parties to have a crack at working together on.
    The killings fun for about 20 mins, but the lack of any challenging objectives just makes it quite dull.
    I've managed maybe 1 hour on BF 2 all weekend, played for hours on BF1. EA have so far failed on the sequel, but the original is still amazing (even with the glitches). I'll be sticking with BF1 no matter what.
    Did you even play the beta? Strike was far from boring. The objectives are fine. I honestly can’t believe anybody here prefers the older one THAT MADE YOU PAY AT LEAST 20 EXTRA DOLLARS FOR CONTENT. Also the star cards ar fracked in BF1, with the obviously best weapons and OP heroes being locked behind a paywall. You guys can stay on BF1, it’ll do everyone else a favor lol.

Toxic.

In my opinion, BF1 is fun if you get kills.

Now, I am at the verge of quitting it. Every match has become significantly harder with all the cheaters, bodyguard tanks, berserkers, every bad quality loadout running free.
  • After the disaster that is BF2, I will be staying with BF1. Thank you DICE for reminding me why I enjoy BF1 so much.

I'd like to play with you guys...I have a mic if that matters. What's your GT? @vodkaandpork1_
  • After the disaster that is BF2, I will be staying with BF1. Thank you DICE for reminding me why I enjoy BF1 so much.

I'd like to play with you guys...I have a mic if that matters. What's your GT? @vodkaandpork1_

vodkaandpork on Xbox is my GT.
  • Is this a joke.... like battlefront 1 is fun IMO but it pales in comparison to BF2. Battlefront 1 lacks compared to most modern shooters whereas Battlefront 2 exceeds them.
  • Cydie
    29 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Including a lot of maps won't make the gameplay more fun. It was fun in SWBF 2015, but it lacked the amount of maps without DLCs. Even without DLCs I enjoyed it more than anything multiplayer related in the past years since MW3. I liked Battlefield 3 after I got bored with MW3, but still did not hit the top spot. This changed with SWBF 2015. While on the other hand, 2017 does not play that well, unbalanced. Every class has different amount of health, which is a huge mistake, and is unprecedented in my past gaming experiences in FPS shooter multiplayer games. It feels like the cheap trick of the character based shooter games which I dont like. It is too kiddy. The map layouts are just horrible. Assault is useless in big maps which should be their place to shine, while heavy should have more recoil. Also, graphics looks like ****. If you still play 2015, you noticed it instantly.
  • You are all on drugs
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    You are all on drugs

Hey, them sticking with BF 1 doesn't mean they're on drugs any more than me not staying doesn't mean I'm not on drugs...

Wait, what? There were so many negatives in that sentence even I'm not sure if it makes any sense, and I wrote it.
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    You are all on drugs

Hey, them sticking with BF 1 doesn't mean they're on drugs any more than me not staying doesn't mean I'm not on drugs...

Wait, what? There were so many negatives in that sentence even I'm not sure if it makes any sense, and I wrote it.

I'm on drugs, and ill share them with you wrex. But only if we're playing battlefront 2.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Is this a joke.... like battlefront 1 is fun IMO but it pales in comparison to BF2. Battlefront 1 lacks compared to most modern shooters whereas Battlefront 2 exceeds them.

lol
  • That? A disaster? I'd rather stick with the second game, least I won't get 200 kills as a hero there and get banned for it. Hopefully... Seriously, I don't have a feeling that even 1 hero is unbalanced.
    If you're asking, I have not cheated ever in Battlefront 2015 nor do I plan on doing it in the second game.

i can't believe you're still whining about this. listen, you were spawn camping with Bossk, otherwise you can't make 200 kills, we allready figured that out long ago in your thread. so you were banned for spawn camping, not cheating per se, try to get over it and most of all get the facts straight.

Banned for spawncamping?
    Tell me.

Banned for spawncamping?
    Tell me.
    do you want to say you weren't spawn camping?

Banned for spawncamping?
    Tell me.

Can you define what are the limits on what is spawncamping and what is not?

Banned for spawncamping?
    Tell me.

Can you define what are the limits on what is spawncamping and what is not?
    you really need an explanation for this? i got the feeling you're beating around the bush, because you know you weren't playing fair. again, it's not possible to get 200+ kills without focusing on the spawn point area, you certainly don't get a kill every 2sec being next to the objective.
    common dude, you know and i know...

• all the people complaining that 1 is better than 2 probably just suck and cant get enough points to play as heros so they have to go back to one and camp the pick ups
  • csmason85 wrote: »
    all the people complaining that 1 is better than 2 probably just suck and cant get enough points to play as heros so they have to go back to one and camp the pick ups

No the complaints have been about infantry gameplay and lack of modes like drop zone and cargo.
    yt jeanschweppe
  • Its more like the first 2 Battlefront games and fixed a lot of issies with 2015...you guys must be strung out to think the first is better, high or trolling
  • Honestly if you say that the 2015 bf that had bare bones content and **** dlc that seperated the whole community is better than bf2 becuase of some easily avoidable loot boxes and what not, I don't know what to say.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Its more like the first 2 Battlefront games and fixed a lot of issies with 2015...you guys must be strung out to think the first is better, high or trolling

In my opinion, the first is a little better because I actually can get kills with barely no effort, and in my opinion the point of FPS games is the killing.
    Its more like the first 2 Battlefront games and fixed a lot of issies with 2015...you guys must be strung out to think the first is better, high or trolling

In my opinion, the first is a little better because I actually can get kills with barely no effort, and in my opinion the point of FPS games is the killing.
    You talking time to kill (health/damage) or skill level. Either way you will adapt to this eventually.
  • I really don't like much of anything about Battlefront 2. Thus I won't buy it. Battlefront 2015 is a good game with minor correctable flaws IMO.

Well in some modes like Deathmatch, sure. But most modes in SWBF series are objective based with blasting things being part of, well, Star Wars. I found the second game to be more balanced and was able to rack up points just as easy as in the first game.
  • Can I say I like them both along with the 2004 2005 ones? I will play both regularly see you on the battlefronts
  • LaDavidoff wrote: »
    BF2 is so intensely...boring. Really hope they speed the game up, create at least some form of squad spawn system for parties to have a crack at working together on.
    The killings fun for about 20 mins, but the lack of any challenging objectives just makes it quite dull.
    I've managed maybe 1 hour on BF 2 all weekend, played for hours on BF1. EA have so far failed on the sequel, but the original is still amazing (even with the glitches). I'll be sticking with BF1 no matter what.

That's because it is boring! Battlefield 1 was the most boring game of all time, 3 weeks I invested to force myself to like it and well, it was so fundamentally broken that I've never played it one minute since. Battlefront 2 is a knock off of BF1, they even carried over the cha-ching sound it makes when you kill someone. But, BF1 lacked Star Wars, and that adds a layer of fun that BF1 could never have. But the game mechanics for the blasters seems to be the core of this game, and that part is boring.

You know what else is boring, not knowing the progress on the objective, not knowing if I'm helping or hurting . . . Just like BF1. These rounds almost seem to progress and end as if by magic. The result is that every round feels like Blast.

But there is HOPE. The weapons and star cards do add a level of strategy and interest that BF1 didn't have to give, so it should get interesting. Also, the new Fighter Squadron is way better than the old Fighter Squadron, and to be honest I'd buy this game just for that, so my investment is recovered.

What would really help is if the mechanics could some how be changed to make one v one fights more interesting, like they are in SWBF1. As it stands, my friends do our chores in SWBF2 and grind out points, then we switch over to SWBF1 late to unwind and have ACTUAL FUN.
  • Yeah, I will stick with Battlefront 2015 too. As long as I can. It would be nice if they add all DLC content to the skirmish too! :-)
  • Verkantill wrote: »
    Yeah, I will stick with Battlefront 2015 too. As long as I can. It would be nice if they add all DLC content to the skirmish too! :-)

Totally agree. See you guys on SWBF1...
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Man they had the gunplay right in 15 battlefront, it’s tighter, more responsive, more skilled gunplay, faster, I can’t for the life of me know why they changed the player mechanics other than to make it noob friendly. Like a buddy of mine says, battlefront 2 makes bad/average players good and makes great players good. Every gun is capped, reaction speed is slowed, mobility is taken away, 1v1 now feels scripted, no comp, just press a button and hold. Don’t get me wrong, bf2 has grown on me and I like it, but bf15 Mp smokes it, period, imo. Bf15 is also more competitive(dropzone-cargo-supremacy), where bf2 as it is now never can be.
  • TripleZero
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The same 1diots camping hero tokens every game ruined BF1 for me. Im so glad i actually get rewarded for good gameplay and can have fun with heroes.
  • ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    TripleZero wrote: »
    The same 1diots camping hero tokens every game ruined BF1 for me. Im so glad i actually get rewarded for good gameplay and can have fun with heroes.

I know what you mean. But there are always three or more possible spawning areas for each hero/villain at any given time. Some players may camp for hero tokens but it does not always guarantee them that they would get it. More importantly, game modes in SWBF1 are not about killstreak or doing carnage with a hero/villain. It is about playing for the objective. I got three trophies many many times just playing an infantry without playing hero or villain. If you want to play hero/villain with certainty, you have HvV mode (both vanilla maps and DLC Outer Rim)....

• ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Casscaden wrote: »
    Man they had the gunplay right in 15 battlefront, it’s tighter, more responsive, more skilled gunplay, faster, I can’t for the life of me know why they changed the player mechanics other than to make it noob friendly. Like a buddy of mine says, battlefront 2 makes bad/average players good and makes great players good. Every gun is capped, reaction speed is slowed, mobility is taken away, 1v1 now feels scripted, no comp, just press a button and hold. Don’t get me wrong, bf2 has grown on me and I like it, but bf15 Mp smokes it, period, imo. Bf15 is also more competitive(dropzone-cargo-supremacy), where bf2 as it is now never can be.

Well said. Exactly how I also feel...I will also add Extraction mode in DLC Outer Rim as the more competitive/intense game mode.
  • Yeah, i decided to as well once i played the demo, i'll cut n paste my reason from a different thread =
    It is not the p2w elements, the knacked star fighter stuff or the flawed aspects of 2015 BF(although it did have many).
    For me (and in fairness this may just be the fault of the levels selected for the demo) it lacked that epic star wars massive battle that 2015 did manage to capture. When i played the hoth demo i sorta could't believe how much like being in one of the movies it was, with blaster fire streaking all over the place, xwings divebombing AT-ST's, THAT sound design. Whereas Naboo felt like a "meh" Battlefield map. The guns lacked the iconic sounds present in 2015 (and also seem more likely to fire green bolts than red). I don't think i saw a single starfighter killing a ground trooper.
    Like i say this could all just be due to the choice of demo map, but it is enough to put me off.
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    Yeah, i decided to as well once i played the demo, i'll cut n paste my reason from a different thread =
    It is not the p2w elements, the knacked star fighter stuff or the flawed aspects of 2015 BF(although it did have many).
    For me (and in fairness this may just be the fault of the levels selected for the demo) it lacked that epic star wars massive battle that 2015 did manage to capture. When i played the hoth demo i sorta could't believe how much like being in one of the movies it was, with blaster fire streaking all over the place, xwings divebombing AT-ST's, THAT sound design. Whereas Naboo felt like a "meh" Battlefield map. The guns lacked the iconic sounds present in 2015 (and also seem more likely to fire green bolts than red). I don't think i saw a single starfighter killing a ground trooper.
    Like i say this could all just be due to the choice of demo map, but it is enough to put me off.

They picked Naboo for the demo because the pt fans went crazy at the mention of clones.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I'm glad to see the Battlefront 2015 servers are still going relatively strong. I really haven't seen much change in traffic since Battlefront 2 was officially released, at least for Xbox.
  • I'm still playing SWBF2015 as much as I can before it dies completely. Didn't like the feel of SWBF2-- where are the laser bolts? Looks like bullets flying as in any FPS and a lot of holding down the fire button? Obviously I need to spend more time with new game like someone wisely said above, but I also don't have any desire to be wrecked every round by demi-god heroes and pro-zone players. I'm only about average in SWBF15 (KD is 1.65) but at least I'm comfortable in SWBF15 despite all its horrible flaws. New version seems sluggish movements and is all about having better load outs that a casual player like me isn't getting to see much of. Seems like I'm going to be just frustrated infantry fodder even if I invest more time. Really wanted to enter in place vehicles too.
  • Yeah, BF2 is terrible. They really ruined the heros and villians.
  • I'm staying.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    Well, good for you all

Enjoy the Mods on PC and have fun

I played this game for 2000 Hours

I would still probably play every now and then but

The EE-4, Body-Guard and the traits you can only deal with it for so long
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Staying with BF2015.
    I have been trying really hard to get into BF2 and it just does not have the speed and fun factor for me. Usually I'll spend 1 hour playing BF2 , get bored and tired, then log back into BF2015 and spend 5-6 hours playing that before going to bed.
    I'll keep giving it a try since I downloaded it. But overall a much slower paced game with lag issues that make it unplayable.
  • saltydog wrote: »
    Staying with BF2015.
    I have been trying really hard to get into BF2 and it just does not have the speed and fun factor for me. Usually I'll spend 1 hour playing BF2 , get bored and tired, then log back into BF2015 and spend 5-6 hours playing that before going to bed.
    I'll keep giving it a try since I downloaded it. But overall a much slower paced game with lag issues that make it unplayable.

I WOULD stick with Battlefront 2015 unless it didn't have cheaters, the bodyguard shield jump pack bacta bomb and EE4, and just about every trait- or star card abuser.
    Don't forget the low playerbase, I can't find a goddamn match right now on BF2015.
  • saltydog wrote: »
    Staying with BF2015.

I WOULD stick with Battlefront 2015 unless it didn't have cheaters, the bodyguard shield jump pack bacta bomb and EE4, and just about every trait- or star card abuser.
    Don't forget the low playerbase, I can't find a goddamn match right now on BF2015.

I haven't had too much of a problem finding games in BF2015 on Xbox. At least nothing more than it was four months ago.
  • I'm totally sold on BF2 , it's been a tough two weeks ( extremely), but I've figuered out the way the mechanics of the game works , and understand the maps alot more. I'm done with BF15 dont have to worry about jump-packing bata bomers .
  • psh screw that im sticking with the old battlefront 2 this one is complete garbage