criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

A suggestion to unleash the full potential of Darth Maul

Landeaux
3467 posts Member
edited October 2017
When I first used Darth Maul, the first think I thought to myself was, "wow he isn't as offensive as he was worked-up to be." Maybe that was just me overestimating what other's were saying about him. It took a little time to get used to his flow and style. I had to learn how to maximize his abilities and his Force dodge. There are three key lockouts on his abilities that are puzzling and inhibit his maximum potential...
  1. The charges held in his lightsaber dash were reduced from 3 to 2. I'm not sure why this was so. He was portrayed to be an offensive beast that was all-over-the-place. He doesn't have a block (nor did I ever think that he needed one when I was playing him) so he has to have the ability to maneuver anywhere quickly. Taking one of his charges away hinders true potential. He's going to need that extra charge to maintain a level playing field against other lightsaber users, especially if someone relies on the Dash damage reduction Star Card. I think the devs should consider adding that extra charge back.
  2. There is a lockout between his dashes! Why? He should be able to use them immediately if they're both ready to be used. The lockout lasts for about 1.5 seconds. Again, he needs to be agile and everywhere since he doesn't have a block. I should be able to use my charges whenever I want to if they're both off of cooldown. The devs should take the lockout off of his Dash ability to smooth out his gameplay.
  3. You can't use your Dash while airborne. Again, why? I don't understand how this isn't possible? It's similar to Luke using his Force Lunge and Palp using his Senate Shuffle in the last game while airborne. If I need to use that as a survivability mechanism, then I should be able to. Let me maximize the true potential in my hero's arsenal. Don't restrain the hero. This tones down skill-expression. Take a look at allowing us to use this ability while airborne. It's necessary.

So, what do y'all think? Agree or disagree with my suggestions? Did y'all like the way Maul felt? Thanks for reading.

Replies

• I feel like having him dash while jumping would make him very hard to kill. Plus everyone would just be bunnyhopping.
    Also, isn't Darth Sidious the Phantom Menace?
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    I feel like having him dash while jumping would make him very hard to kill. Plus everyone would just be bunnyhopping.
    Also, isn't Darth Sidious the Phantom Menace?

youre right about TPM...LOL mb. Thanks for the heads up. I see what youre saying about the bunny hopping but it isnt as annoying or extensive as the last game. I'd be fine with them either keeping 2 charges and adding the airborne dash or adding 3 charges and keeping the airborne lockout.
  • If anything Maul is OP