criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ion disruptors could use a nerf

Afrom3istwr
876 posts Member
edited October 2017
I've played well over 100 matches so far and the amount of damage the ion disruptor does to the MTT is too much at 7%. It should be dropped to 5%.

Heres why:

1. Any objective playing team can knock it down 9% each shot due to the MTT shield dropping.
2. I've had several matches end before even the third leg of phase 1
3. Because it does so much damage, many just avoid it all together because they want to save up more battlepoints, or if you're a top guy like me and just love the game, you want to at least get to phase 2.
4. It doesnt feel earned when I use it. There's no satisfaction for winning the match that early. The seperatist can only win by getting to the throne room. Meanwhile, the Republic can win the match in any of the three phases. If I'm on the Republic, I want to feel like we really earned that win phase 1.
5. It would also make phase 2 more competitive. Right now because it's so easy to knock down, the inexperienced players are too scared to rush phase 2 because there's of the number of total lives being so low. It just becomes a quick bleed out.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• Yeah. One time, I literally trolled someone who was working hard to destroy the MTT. The guy had 0 kills, but a shittonne of points by simply shooting the MTT. So what did I do, I kept walking in front of him when he's charging the ion disrupter. Most times, it disrupted the charging. Sometimes, the disrupter shot me instead and he had to run back and get another. I'd love Phase 2 to start with 100 tickets for the Seps if both teams are equally matched.
  • Yeah. One time, I literally trolled someone who was working hard to destroy the MTT. The guy had 0 kills, but a shittonne of points by simply shooting the MTT. So what did I do, I kept walking in front of him when he's charging the ion disrupter. Most times, it disrupted the charging. Sometimes, the disrupter shot me instead and he had to run back and get another. I'd love Phase 2 to start with 100 tickets for the Seps if both teams are equally matched.

Sadly I've used that tactic a couple of times. It just doesn't feel fair. Plus, any air vehicle can really do some damage on it.