criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Starfighter Assault needs a little fixing

I'll admit I'm an ace in a starfighter, but after shooting down countless fighters, I get shot at by so many people like I'm worth 50 tickets alone. Please remove the attacker tag after players die. Otherwise, it just encourages revenge on the one that shot you down.

Replies

• Are you using a hero ship while doing so? Aint it in that case removing greatest threat, not revenge? And if you are using normal ships, is there way to even know who you are shooting?
  • When I'm piloting hero ships, I'm expecting to get shot. That's why I only play Maul's Scimitar (cloak to escape and gank) and Poe's X-Wing (looks almost like any other X-Wing and I can outmaneuver bad guys shooting me).

To answer your question, I can't tell who I shot down after they respawn, but they can tell who shot them down (I'll appear as a highlighted target).
  • Ok, was wondering last time i played why one ship was orange in color, if i remember correct. In that case yes, i dont see a meaning in that highlighting.
  • Ok, was wondering last time i played why one ship was orange in color, if i remember correct. In that case yes, i dont see a meaning in that highlighting.

It's helpful when you're being shot at. It tags your attacker. So turn around and kill that guy. But once you're dead, I don't see why you'd be able to see the last guy that shot and killed you. It's hilarious when I get the Missile Locking warning over and over again when my killstreak hits insane levels. Newbies will probably ignore the orange tag, but people with some decent understanding will want revenge and get that few extra revenge points.
  • Tried once that mauls scimitar and liked that cloaking thing. Been tried couple times hans ship but to me feels like that ship itself highlits itself, being so large and all.
  • Tried once that mauls scimitar and liked that cloaking thing. Been tried couple times hans ship but to me feels like that ship itself highlits itself, being so large and all.

That's why I don't fly the Falcon and Slave I. You become a laser and torpedo magnet.
  • Scimitar? I've gotten kill streaks of what ever I get because I don't die as scimitar.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • DXlolman wrote: »
    Scimitar? I've gotten kill streaks of what ever I get because I don't die as scimitar.

I've killed a couple of cloaked scimitars. Even got accused of cheating once. Poor lad didn't realise that once the scimitar started smoking, cloaking won't get rid of the smoke trail. I'm revealing too much of my personal tips and tricks...
  • Wouldnt it be a good balance if the trail wouldnt be cloaked? Sure, looks **** a smoke trail in space :lol: .
  • Wouldnt it be a good balance if the trail wouldnt be cloaked? Sure, looks **** a smoke trail in space :lol: .

Agreed. Just point out that it's not that you don't die in a Scimitar, it's that you haven't died in a Scimitar. When I start smoking and go cloak, I pray no one continues tailing me. But the playerbase will soon mature to these. So, enjoy the benefits while it lasts.