criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hero Improvement Idea's

Elusive_DJ
3141 posts Member
edited October 2017
During my playtime with the heroes, I had a lot of fun. But I've concluded that they could use some improvements as they are kind of under whelming.
But first let’s start off with a few things that apply to all of the heroes in the beta.

Hero Ability recharge time: Han and Boba’s abilities take a very long time to recharge. Make it faster! Unless there’s a starcard that lets that happen, well then never mind.

Stuns: You should be able to escape the shock grenade a lot easier. The Flash bang shouldn’t blind you for as long, you’re completely vulnerable to attack & it is very frustrating to deal with.
(There’s another thing that stuns you, I forgot what it is though, Its painful & I despised it very much, please tell me what it is in the reply section.)

Force wielder vs Vehicles: Force wielders or Light saber users should be able to damage the ATRT & AAT. Those vehicles should not be able to dominate & demolish the light sabers heroes as of now, the saber wielders need have to have some kind of defense against them right? Have the their abilities damage the vehicles as well.

Vehicle vs Heroes: The vehicles & star fighters do waaay to much damage to the heroes. Tone down the base damage by like 40% or Have the splash damage do less damage than it already does. Every time I see an ATRT as maul it just runs straight at me & blasts my soul away because it knows I can’t do anything to it.
Also Vehicles (Including the MTT) should NOT be able to trample or do trample damage to other heroes or reinforcements, the feeling of spending all of those battle points on the hero you wanted to play as & just getting run over and dying instantly is not fun at all. It’s one of the most painful things that can happen to you on the battlefront.

Health system: The new system can be very frustrating for & other players at times, but I’ve learned to adjust to it and the playstyle that comes with it. But the way they can please everyone, is by having the maximum amount of health you can heal be increased.
Like for example with the blaster heroes they can now heal up 300% health, instead of 150% health being regenerated. And the Light saber wielders get to have 400% of their health regenerate, instead of 300%. This way people can have the heroes for much longer & therefore have more fun.

Battle Points: The amount of score you earn as hero right now in the beta is kind of underwhelming. So instead of earning a Tenth of your battle points when you get kills as a hero, you get a sixth of the battle points earned while getting score as a hero.
Also the amount of battle points to get a hero should be increased each time he / she is picked. Like for example it’ll cost 6000 points to get Darth Maul once he is already picked. Each time a hero is picked, 1000+ extra battle points gets added to the usual costs of 5000 battle points. Which means the battle point costs gradually increase each time the same hero is chosen. This is so that way the same hero doesn’t get picked over & over. Thus causing incentive for players to have variety in their hero play.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_+++++++++++++++++++++_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Rey: Her block isn’t that great,and you have no idea where the deflected laser bolts are going! You have to be extremely accurate by aiming directly with your reticle (Have the aim be more forgiving). It doesn’t do enough damage (Have the deflected laser bolts do more damage). You also can’t even tell where the laser bolts are going (Have the particle bolts be more visible).
Let detonators like the barrage & grenade be able to get deflected. The block should cause explosives & splash damage to be decreased by 50%.

The Mind trick isn’t that great either. Your completely vulnerable to attack while using it, especially when the droids can still shoot you while the they’re Mind tricked. Have it switch around the abilities, like for example instead of pressing LB RB to activate your main ability, you’d have to press Y instead. The other abilities binded to LB and RB are switched around as well. But there is only one switch combination though, it would be OP if my shooting button was binded to LS all of a sudden when I’m familiar with it being binded to LT, although that would make for a very nice buff. This doesn’t apply to Villains.
Lastly your opponent’s blaster fire becomes very inaccurate while they’re mind tricked, this also doesn’t apply to Villains.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_+++++++++++++++++++++_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Han Solo: Honestly I think Han is one of the more weaker hero’s, but he’s also very good in the right hands.

First off his Shoulder charge is very clunky and awkward. I do not like how the camera is zoomed in when I use it, it’s very awkward. It should damage multiple people, it should allow for increased movement like Rey’s dash, and lastly the end part of it is painfully slow, make it faster.
His Detonite Charge is incredibly powerful when upgraded. Tone down the damage bonus & give it more splash radius and have it recharge faster with each upgraded star card to accommodate for the damage nerf.
I like his Sharp Shooter ability, but I feel incredibly immobile while using it. I should at least be able to walk faster or sprint while the ability is active. I despise how it automatically zooms in for no reason like the shoulder charge ability. I should be able to zoom in when I want too.

Boba Fett: Also here’s a Hero idea! Why is Boba’s flame thrower not an actual ability? (Maybe it’s being reserved for Jango hmm.) I think it should be, as I thought it was really cool in the last game and would love for it to be included in the game. But if it were to be in the game as an ability, have it go farther & it leaves a trail of fire as it goes along the floor and wall. It should also burn your opponents like the stinger pistol, except this time its 3x as dangerous.
Alright now that I’m done with that lets move onto Boba’s actual abilities.

His Scan pulse should go farther.
His Concussion rocket should last longer on infantry, its perfect on the heroes.
Boba’s EE-3 feels surprisingly inaccurate & awkward. It is very hard to land shots with his gun, make it more accurate, but not so accurate that he’ll start sniping at the back of the map with it.

Darth Maul: Ahh, Maul. My favorite hero in the game so far. You know there’s very little they can do to improve him in the game, he feels almost perfect! He’s just so cool with that iconic light saber & just they have almost everything about him spot on. Except for a few minor things I have listed below that they can improve him.

When he dodges to the right & rapidly swing he light saber, that should be his block animation if they ever decide to give him one. (Press crouch to the right & primary attack as Maul, you’ll see what I mean.) Although a block would ultimately make him really overpowered, as he’s already a cold blooded killer if you play him right.
His voice is to silent, I can hardly hear him sometimes.

For some reason you can deflect laser bolts while using the dash ability (Crazy right?), although it’s a very rare occurrence & is useless. Or maybe I'm just going insane.
His saber throw needs a bigger hit box or a small lock on.
Give him that dark stud in his left ear from the phantom menace.
Let me Saber dash & force choke while jumping!
Let me turn off one blade so I can reenact his iconic fight with Qui-Gon Jin.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-

Alright that just about wraps it up, I’m generally happy with how these heroes turned out, I still enjoy them a lot. But somethings just have to be improved to better the hero experience. I want to actually feel like I’m making a difference on the battlefront.
Lemme know if you have any idea’s for improving the heroes OR if you didn’t like what I wrote, and tell me why as well. Have a nice day.
⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
\⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Replies

• Actually health system is fine.
  • Afrom3istwr
    892 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Han needs a cancel for sharpshooter. I also think Han's health should be at 600, not 500 like Boba's bc Han is a lot easier to shoot and take down.

For Rey, I'd like to see infantry either have their firing button randomized, or have their HUD scrambled like Boba's concussion. Right now her best move is the wall hack.