criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

This Site - Planets - Hoth page 7 - Weapon Names

FocusBoxHero
0 posts Member
edited November 2015
Playing other games where weapons were catagorized by Skill and ability to use... These names just look lazy to me... I could sit here and call every weapon a blaster... Blaster this Blaster that.

It could just be me but I prefer the specifics because I remember the names from other games.

By my memory and supporting wiki pages.

Three Blaster weapon Types; Pistol, Carbine, Rifle.

Blaster Pistol.
Carbine.
Blaster Rifle.

Held by both Snowtroopers.
The E-11 Blaster is wrong. Should be E-11 Carbine. Because this is a Midrange automatic weapon.
The DLT-19 Blaster is wrong. Should be DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle. Because it is a long range automatic weapon.

Held by the Rebel.
The DH-17 Blaster is wrong. Should be DH-17 Carbine. Midrange automatic Weapon.

There is a Variation of the DH-17 that IS semi-automatic. It is called a DH-17 Blaster Pistol... The one from Hoth page 7 is not a Pistol. It is a carbine.

Replies

• Sevarsuab
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    You know, do a quick search, and you can find most of the trivia behind all the weapons. You can even find out what guns were used as props to make them look "futuristic".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_(Star_Wars) <-- Website doesn't see this as a full link. might have to copy and paste it in your adress bar.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blaster

But to spare your valuable time, the blasters were given the names they today have assigned over 30 years ago and the reason why the weapons don't have their own tabs is because it's rather inefficient to do that, considering the low amount of blasters.

And as far as I know, all weapons are correctly titled and categorised. And what are your sources? "Other games" aren't really very descriptive.