criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Here’s some YouTube videos with audio of some Hero/Villain voiceovers:

Prev1
Darth Vader:
Kylo Ren:
Yoda:
Han Solo:
Boba Fett:
Rey:
Darth Maul:

I don’t mind Vader’s, I’m not so sure about Kylo’s, I LOVE Yoda’s, Han’s is alright, Boba’s is alright, Rey’s is alright but I kinda rather the alpha version, and Maul’s is good.

Replies

• Wow, I like them. I love Darth Maul, his voice is like in the series of clone wars

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Nice! Thanks for sharing these. I like all for the most part except some of Rey’s lines are cringe. Maul is amazing. Great job Sam! (Voice actor of maul)
  • Yoda says Bossk? NOOOO
  • guilhem96 wrote: »
    Yoda says Bossk? NOOOO
    Darth Vader indirectly mentions Rey.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • I really hope they constantly update the VO to accommodate DLC heroes/villains added in the future
  • I loooove Boba's lines. Probably my favorite out of them next to Maul, Vader doesn't sound too bad. I could live with it, Yoda sounds so really, really good too!
  • Yeah, but they have many options and they put Bossk, really?
    Yoda says Bossk? NOOOO

Makes sense, remember that there will be cross era heroes in the game at launch. Even if they get rid of cross era heroes in the main modes, we'll still have them in heroes vs villains.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
    Yoda says Bossk? NOOOO

Makes sense, remember that there will be cross era heroes in the game at launch. Even if they get rid of cross era heroes in the main modes, we'll still have them in heroes vs villains.

Yes,I know, I do not have much problem with that, but because bossk again, and I do not hate it, just that compared to the others it's nothing
    guilhem96 wrote: »
    Yoda says Bossk? NOOOO

Yes,I know, I do not have much problem with that, but because bossk again, and I do not hate it, just that compared to the others it's nothing

I think many of us have unpleasant memories of Bossk. ;)

So long as he's balanced well I have no problem with him coming back again though.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
    Yoda says Bossk? NOOOO

So long as he's balanced well I have no problem with him coming back again though.

More like nightmares LOL
    Yoda says Bossk? NOOOO

True, but if they want a bounty hunter put the IG-88B

• Here’s Luke’s VO and lines. I really hope this is fake because it’s TERRIBLE. Worse than last game. Why not get Mark Hamill??? He’s an all around great actor and voice impressionist? Certainly could’ve done better. Doesn’t even remotely sound like Luke
  • Darth Vader sounds horrible :(
  • Landeaux wrote: »

Here’s Luke’s VO and lines. I really hope this is fake because it’s TERRIBLE. Worse than last game. Why not get Mark Hamill??? He’s an all around great actor and voice impressionist? Certainly could’ve done better. Doesn’t even remotely sound like Luke

Doesn't sound like Luke.

But his lines are miles better than BF2015's Luke.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!

Here’s Luke’s VO and lines. I really hope this is fake because it’s TERRIBLE. Worse than last game. Why not get Mark Hamill??? He’s an all around great actor and voice impressionist? Certainly could’ve done better. Doesn’t even remotely sound like Luke

Doesn't sound like Luke.

But his lines are miles better than BF2015's Luke.

"I don't want to kill you!"I
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Could they get the real guys hamil or ford. Even for the facial scans they look like trash. Except for new era characters
  • I'm sure it's much, much cheaper to just hire random dudes.

EA and dice both have enough money for the original voices.

I don't mind maul sounding the way he does but someone as iconic as Vader shouldn't have a random voice over with a voice changer

• Leia Organa’s VO. Sounds good.
  • How are you finding the official voice lines
  • I'm excited to play as these guys.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Where’s bossk? You have a link for a bossk video? @Landeaux ;)
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Where’s bossk? You have a link for a bossk video? @Landeaux ;)

None has been posted yet. I’ll keep an eye out and post if I see one.
    How are you finding the official voice lines

The videos are all by the same YouTuber so all credit for finding the VO’s go to him

• Lando!
    Sounds good. Is it Billy Dee Williams?
  • i dont really like kylos voice, it sounds like a guy just talking thru a stormtrooper helmet. he has a deeper voice. everything else sounds good.
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    i dont really like kylos voice, it sounds like a guy just talking thru a stormtrooper helmet. he has a deeper voice. everything else sounds good.

Have you heard the other voices? Luke, Vader, and Han solo sound freaking aweful
    i dont really like kylos voice, it sounds like a guy just talking thru a stormtrooper helmet. he has a deeper voice. everything else sounds good.

I find Luke’s horrific, also
  • Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    kylenpain wrote: »

Have you heard the other voices? Luke, Vader, and Han solo sound freaking aweful

Vader doesn’t sound terrible. Han’s is good.
  • OMG I just heard some of the Spanish lines for Lando. I can’t stop laughing LMAO

luke, vader and han all sound terrible as well in game they will sound better. lets hope that isnt the official voice for luke tho wth

• Bossk
    Goldhawk1 wrote: »

Vader sounds stupid.

Han sounds like an overweight chain smoking detective from the 70s
    OMG I just heard some of the Spanish lines for Lando. I can’t stop laughing LMAO

have u heard the ones for vader? sounds so damn evil
    Landeaux wrote: »
    OMG I just heard some of the Spanish lines for Lando. I can’t stop laughing LMAO

have u heard the ones for vader? sounds so **** evil

Vader sounds ****.

I seriously don’t mind Vader’s. Of course I’d rather JEJ voice Vader and I doubt that’s him but it really isn’t that bad. I don’t mind Han’s either. I’ll concede that it sounds more like 60 year old Han but I can envision Han with that voice. I can barely envision Kylo with his voice and I don’t even know what they were thinking with Luke because it’s atrocious

Vader sounds ****.

I seriously don’t mind Vader’s. Of course I’d rather JEJ voice Vader and I doubt that’s him but it really isn’t that bad. I don’t mind Han’s either. I’ll concede that it sounds more like 60 year old Han but I can envision Han with that voice. I can barely envision Kylo with his voice and I don’t even know what they were thinking with Luke because it’s atrocious

old mark could do lukes bc this luke is older than 2015s luke. theres no reason he should sound younger. vaders voice isnt too bad but it doesnt sound like hes talking from his suit.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited October 2017

Vader sounds ****.

old mark could do lukes bc this luke is older than 2015s luke. theres no reason he should sound younger. vaders voice isnt too bad but it doesnt sound like hes talking from his suit.

Mark Hamill can voice anything! He’s the GOAT at VO. Idk why they didn’t get him. Vader’s isn’t perfect but it isn’t terrible

Vader sounds ****.

Mark Hamill can voice anything! He’s the GOAT at VO. Idk why they didn’t get him. Vader’s isn’t perfect but it isn’t terrible

ikr he probably costs a fortune tho smh. the more i listen to lukes vo the more it sounds like anakin lol

Vader sounds ****.

ikr he probably costs a fortune tho smh. the more i listen to lukes vo the more it sounds like anakin lol

Maybe I’m being naive but I couldn’t imaging someone asking for a fortune to let a video game record your voice
    Darth Vader sounds horrible :(

Vader's voice is 100x better than it was in the previous game.
    Battlefront 1

Battlefront 2

Lando!

Yes it is. :)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu

Vader sounds ****.

Maybe I’m being naive but I couldn’t imaging someone asking for a fortune to let a video game record your voice

lol yeah i was exaggerating, but its expensive. u would think mark wouldnt mind bc luke is him. the guy on the vo start to sound like hayden christensen near the 3:30 mark

Vader sounds ****.

i was exaggerating, but he must be expensive. around the 3:30 mark luke sounds more like ani

Battlefront 1

Battlefront 2

Lando!

Awesome! It really sounded good

Vader sounds ****.

i was exaggerating, but he must be expensive. around the 3:30 mark luke sounds more like ani

They managed to get Billy Dee and Daisy but couldn’t get Hamill..? *Sigh*
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    edited October 2017

Vader sounds ****.

They managed to get Billy Dee and Daisy but couldn’t get Hamill..? *Sigh*

i thinks its mostly bc marks job is now primarily voice acting. ik he does joker and skips but i dont really keep up with everything else. TLJ and episode 9 will be like some of the last movies he will ever be in. i think billy dee and daisy love their characters enough to do it for less money.
  • ROMG4
    2711 posts Member
    I'm still upset they can't get Ian for Palpatine

I'm sorry Sam you are good you are a very good voice actor

But not even you can beat Ian as Palpatine he's just too dang good
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

Battlefront 1

Battlefront 2

Lando!

Awesome! It really sounded good

Some of the lines this time around sound very close to James Earl Jones.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    I'm still upset they can't get Ian for Palpatine

I'm sorry Sam you are good you are a very good voice actor

But not even you can beat Ian as Palpatine he's just too dang good

Oh no! They couldn’t get Ian??? Noooo

Bossk

At about six and half minutes in Bossk asks someone if they knew Ventress. Nice to see a reference from The Clone Wars.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • In case anyone was wondering or didn’t know, Daisy Ridley was voicing Rey in the beta.

Bossk

At about six and half minutes in Bossk asks someone if they knew Ventress. Nice to see a reference from The Clone Wars.

Interesting. I wonder how much will be read into hero/villain comments to infer about future additions