criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why should you NOT use the aim assist?

d0kRX
1302 posts Member
I got the beta when it released for the public, and I'm used to playing the first game with aim assist. I'm alright on the first game, but I get totally dominated on the beta (I still love the game though). I made sure I had aim assist on, but it doesn't seem like it really works for me. Then I thought back about how some people say that aim assist should NOT be used on console. My question is what are the reasons aim assist should not be used?
PSN: d0kRX

Replies

• Who said aim assist shouldn't be used on console?
  • I suppose people think it's cheap. The aim assist in BFI wasn't that drastic anyway.

• don't use aim assist on pc, if it's even a thing. :p
  • d0kRX
    1302 posts Member
    Who said aim assist shouldn't be used on console?

That's the thing, I don't know who said. If you search the forum and search google, there's hardly anything about it, but from what I've read it seems to be that you shouldn't use aim assist, even on console. Some people are probably thinking when they read this that, oh it is just personal preference.

Anyways I think it's pretty inconclusive. Why should you not use it or use it? Heck I can't even tell if it even works in the beta.
  • d0kRX wrote: »

That's the thing, I don't know who said. If you search the forum and search google, there's hardly anything about it, but from what I've read it seems to be that you shouldn't use aim assist, even on console. Some people are probably thinking when they read this that, oh it is just personal preference.

Anyways I think it's pretty inconclusive. Why should you not use it or use it? Heck I can't even tell if it even works in the beta.

Turning it off on console is just needlessly handicapping yourself tbh. When I was an ignorant noob in shooters I thought aim assist was an offline only thing anyway so I turned it off and played offline to practice for online play. My K/D never got above a .45 in those games. When I finally learned aim assist actually applied to online play, I was immediately surprised at the difference it made.

Since then I've played around with trying to turn it back off again because I do get annoyed with its flaws at times (especially in BF2015), but in the first 5 minutes of turning it off I immediately realize how much I need it. You just can't aim well with a controller without aim assist, and even with aim assist you still can't do as well as you could with a mouse.

I have on occasion seen PC elitists scoff at console users and call us skilless because of aim assist, but I bet those people never tried to aim with a controller in their life.
  • d0kRX
    1302 posts Member
    d0kRX wrote: »

Turning it off on console is just needlessly handicapping yourself tbh. When I was an ignorant noob in shooters I thought aim assist was an offline only thing anyway so I turned it off and played offline to practice for online play. My K/D never got above a .45 in those games. When I finally learned aim assist actually applied to online play, I was immediately surprised at the difference it made.

Since then I've played around with trying to turn it back off again because I do get annoyed with its flaws at times (especially in BF2015), but in the first 5 minutes of turning it off I immediately realize how much I need it. You just can't aim well with a controller without aim assist, and even with aim assist you still can't do as well as you could with a mouse.

I have on occasion seen PC elitists scoff at console users and call us skilless because of aim assist, but I bet those people never tried to aim with a controller in their life.

Nice, yeah I am personally a fan of aim assist. But it seems so subtle on the Beta that I wish it would be a bit easier. But hey, I'll be able to improve my skills then I guess.