criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

Scrap parts available only through loot crates? Give me a break!

The abysmal amount you get is only 20 and not always, yet you need 600 to 900 to unlock new guns. This means grinding for hours and days just to unlock one gun, unless you pay to get crates and scrap parts faster. This system needs to change. How about the more kills or points you get the more scrap you will see appear in the loot boxes? Anyways the current system is bad and really wants you to pay real money to unlock guns quickly.

Replies

• Another thing to change would be to give scrap parts for kill streaks. Every 5 kills equals 10 parts. Every 15 kills witbout dying will give 30.
  • My hope is we see a base credit reward and bonus credits for score and awards. We'll also be seeing duplicates turn into scrap parts, so there is that at least.
  • Scrap parts...

Anyways, so far crafting parts only appear to mainly be in crates but I assume we will be able to get them in many timed missions like seen in the beta.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Duplicates turning to scrap is a good thing. Hope it's something like 20 for common and 50 for gold.

Have they actually confirmed duplicates will turn into scrap?
  • Also, have you not unlocked all of the guns yet out of curiosity? Because in the beta you get them all for free with the class starter crates.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Nah I haven't played the beta much. I can't git gud in it and it feels off to me.
  • You get the guns for free once you play each of the classes for a certain amount of time (9 minutes I think?)
  • I think I just got one gun for the heavy class and that's it.
  • Nah I haven't played the beta much. I can't git gud in it and it feels off to me.

If you are getting shreked in a non p2w beta you aren't going to do well in a "p2w" game. You aren't gonna know the difference so why even complain
  • Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    Nah I haven't played the beta much. I can't git gud in it and it feels off to me.

If you are getting shreked in a non p2w beta you aren't going to do well in a "p2w" game. You aren't gonna know the difference so why even complain

It is a very p2w system. You might be blind to it's affects now seeing as you have only played a beta, but take a look outside these forums for a moment. The criticisms towards this game and the p2w concerns surrounding it are piling up day by day. AngryJoe, IGN, Kotaku, Gamespot among many others are criticizing the system, and for good reason.

But please, do continue to explain how this game isn't p2w and is in fact balanced.
    "Be careful not to choke on your aspirations"

It is a very p2w system. You might be blind to it's affects now seeing as you have only played a beta, but take a look outside these forums for a moment. The criticisms towards this game and the p2w concerns surrounding it are piling up day by day. AngryJoe, IGN, Kotaku, Gamespot among many others are criticizing the system, and for good reason.

But please, do continue to explain how this game isn't p2w and is in fact balanced.

You're telling me it's p2w because neither of us know how the system works.

Neither does any of the other sites complaining.

And for the ten thousandth effing time, the cards aren't influential. Who cares of someone buys a card that gives them 9 points every time they take damage?

You will literally never know. Ever. You will never know if someone earned a card or bought it. It's impossible to tell
    Goldhawk1 wrote: »

And for the ten thousandth effing time, the cards aren't influential. Who cares of someone buys a card that gives them 9 points every time they take damage?

You will literally never know. Ever. You will never know if someone earned a card or bought it. It's impossible to tell

The difference is, why grind just to get enough credits fro a crate when you could just spend 2 bucks and get it instantly. Or why not just spend a bit more, and buy in bulk. People that do this skip the grind, and therefore are more likely to get those good star cards that others will have to grind out for.
    Not just that, but the fact that the entire progression system is built around these crates is just stupid. Leveling up means nothing. If you want new weapons, you have to grind for crates to get the necessary scrap (have fun with that), or hope that you're lucky enough to get what you're hoping for.

It's a dumb system and it alone will kill this game quicker than you can say "Han shot first". (not to mention the game is boring, so that will hurt longevity also).
    "Be careful not to choke on your aspirations"

Goldhawk1 wrote: »

The difference is, why grind just to get enough credits fro a crate when you could just spend 2 bucks and get it instantly. Or why not just spend a bit more, and buy in bulk. People that do this skip the grind, and therefore are more likely to get those good star cards that others will have to grind out for.
    Not just that, but the fact that the entire progression system is built around these crates is just ****. Leveling up means nothing. If you want new weapons, you have to grind for crates to get the necessary scrap (have fun with that), or hope that you're lucky enough to get what you're hoping for.

It's a dumb system and it alone will kill this game quicker than you can say "Han shot first". (not to mention the game is boring, so that will hurt longevity also).

You get crates for challenges, playing arcade, playing the game, and logging in.

We'll likely get crates for leveling too seeing as how leveling up right now does nothing.

There is no shortage of crates.

And the cards aren't influential

And you'll never be able to tell who bought a card and who didnt

You get crates for challenges, playing arcade, playing the game, and logging in.

We'll likely get crates for leveling too seeing as how leveling up right now does nothing.

This will be the ONLY time I respond to you. All I have seen is you troll anyone who claims this game will be pay to win, with a bunch of made up stuff and no evidence.

1 - Yes. ONE a day daily which rewards basic stuff. Once you've completed any challenges, you're own your own.
    2 - No. Where is the proof? Link?
    3 - Yes there is a shortage. No credits = no crates. Unless you BUY them with real cash.
    4 - LOLOL.
    5 - True. But when someone deals 100% more damage than you, it will either make you think that the person is hacking or a whale

Please stop talking out of your backside.
  • Another thing to change would be to give scrap parts for kill streaks. Every 5 kills equals 10 parts. Every 15 kills witbout dying will give 30.

This would have the same effect as the K/D which was removed on purpose.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

This will be the ONLY time I respond to you. All I have seen is you troll anyone who claims this game will be pay to win, with a bunch of made up stuff and no evidence.

1 - Yes. ONE a day daily which rewards basic stuff. Once you've completed any challenges, you're own your own.
    2 - No. Where is the proof? Link?
    3 - Yes there is a shortage. No credits = no crates. Unless you BUY them with real cash.
    4 - LOLOL.
    5 - True. But when someone deals 100% more damage than you, it will either make you think that the person is hacking or a whale

Please stop talking out of your backside.

Troll? Proving you wrong is trolling?

It's not trolling just because someone isn't satisfied with you soiling yourself

Boy I hope it won't be rewarded with killstreaks. I get sick killstreaks all the time. I'm sure many others do as well. It'd quickly turn off weaker players.
  • I think in the full game we will be able to scrap items for crafting parts like it is in BF1 & get what we need most
  • ....or they could have just introduced the standard XP / Levelling system for progression and have them unlock naturally over time instead of forcing this ***** on us just so they can have Pay 2 Win loot crates.
  • Yeah, I keep saying: they need to allow us to scrap unwanted items from crates into scrap parts or some other currency...
  • Yeah, I keep saying: they need to allow us to scrap unwanted items from crates into scrap parts or some other currency...

...there is no money in that for them. It's about making it just inconvenient enough that you go and buy scrap with real money.
  • Yeah looks like p2w crates is the only way to get scrap quickly.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    So p2w or not, getting scrap parts will be a royal pain in the neck. Of course buying crates will accelerate getting scrap but even still, the process for both players will be very tedious. Can scrap parts upgrade card levels/ratities too?
  • The Game is NOT pay to win... CONFIRMED:

• So p2w or not, getting scrap parts will be a royal pain in the neck. Of course buying crates will accelerate getting scrap but even still, the process for both players will be very tedious. Can scrap parts upgrade card levels/ratities too?

Yes. They're for both making new cards and upgrading ones you have.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Foxdie491 wrote: »
    The Game is NOT pay to win... CONFIRMED:

Yeah they did improve things now with level progression needed to unlock higher end cards. Still, how long will it take to unlock one gun worth 600 parts? And what about upgrading cards with parts? If we get 20 parts randomly from crates and more for duplicates, that's maybe 60 max per crate.

Yeah but since when have game review sites ever been impartial? Also who actually cares about Angry Joe? Are that many people incapabable of forming their own opinion? Hes about as relevant to anything as a entitled 12 year old
  • P2w is now all about getting scrap parts after reaching high ranks to unlock cards. Not nearly as p2w but still. Just buy alot of crates and you get alot of scrap from duplicates
  • You know, there are other games with "pay to win" mechanics and their communities don't act like toddlers.

Like paragon is literally pay to win as if you don't have the right cards or the right amount of cards the entire match is over.

That is pay to win.

Even if you could buy all the best stuff in the game through loot crates it's never going to be to the point where you'll tip the scales of any size of battle.
  • If it takes a lot longer like months longer for people to get scrap to get their cards to second last tier then they're at a big disadvantage. A few levels in cards can make quite a difference, especially health and damage reduction.
  • If it takes a lot longer like months longer for people to get scrap to get their cards to second last tier then they're at a big disadvantage. A few levels in cards can make quite a difference, especially health and damage reduction.

Why would it take months? This isn't raid gear farming in an MMO
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Scrap is rare from what we know so far. Very tied to crates and duplicates
  • Scrap parts...

Anyways, so far crafting parts only appear to mainly be in crates but I assume we will be able to get them in many timed missions like seen in the beta.

You get the through challenges as well