criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Simple way to Make Heroes Great Again

I've liked just about all of the hero changes from last game to this game except for a few quality-of-life issues. One of my issues is that a hero can eventually have a max health bar that is less than or equal to the max health of another reinforcement. I paid at least 2000 more of my hard-earned battlepoints to become a hero. Why should another reinforcement that costs less have the potential to have more health than me? Anyway, here's a simple and effective way to fix this issue while promoting teamwork: allow the officer to re-add lost max health to a hero's healthbar. This incentivizes the hero to stay close to his/her teammates and be a team player. This isn't a cheap way to regen health because it's promoting teamwork. I find it to be a fair suggestion. Thoughts?

Replies

• I would rather just have heroes being able to fully regen their health. This promoting passive play from players when they get low on health. It was a horrible change.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    This promoting passive play from players when they get low on health. It was a horrible change.

Yes 100%
    They hit the heroes health way to hard.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Landeaux wrote: »
    I've liked just about all of the hero changes from last game to this game except for a few quality-of-life issues. One of my issues is that a hero can eventually have a max health bar that is less than or equal to the max health of another reinforcement. I paid at least 2000 more of my hard-earned battlepoints to become a hero. Why should another reinforcement that costs less have the potential to have more health than me? Anyway, here's a simple and effective way to fix this issue while promoting teamwork: allow the officer to re-add lost max health to a hero's healthbar. This incentivizes the hero to stay close to his/her teammates and be a team player. This isn't a cheap way to regen health because it's promoting teamwork. I find it to be a fair suggestion. Thoughts?
    Not a bad idea. Could lead to people just camping on the officers though.
  • I think they definitely should bring back the health system from the beta, it was perfect. But now you can only regen to 150 health, that's only going to incentivize players into extremely campy playstyles, more than the current system with the beta. It also feels bad enough when you see you can only regen up to 300 in the beta, but I've adjusted, and I've seen that it is indeed good.

Now if only they could have blaster heroes regenerate up to 300 health like the force wielders.

What I propose, is that they let the blaster heroes regen to 300, & some weak force wielders like Rey to heal up to 400. Strong heroes like Maul stay at a regenerative heal value of 300 or 250.

If they're keeping the 150 heal system then the heroes need to cost ALOT less, as they've been significantly hurt with this heal nerf. I'm thinking maybe 3500 battle points.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• giphy.gif

Heroes health is perfect the way it is now. People would last too long if they would regain all their life.
  • bfloo
    14085 posts Member
    Maul would run wild if he could constantly regen to full health.

That is what we are trying to avoid in this game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I like hero health because it makes sense in theory.

But in the field of battle I hate it. Lots of hiding. Lots of sneaking. Lots of flanking.

I can't get to objectives for the fear of losing too much health.

And he works pretty well until you get into the palace.

The saber heroes are good at picking off a lone straggler or two.

But you get to The palace where you basically have to ram your head into a wall of bullets and explosions. They aren't so good there.
  • The only tweak that should be made is an increase in damage resistance. Not an increase in actual health, mind you, but simply give the heroes an actual chance to survive sustained fire at least once in a run. It felt kind of pathetic to get gunned down by a group of just three or four enemies whilst at full health.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • I think the current system is fine, letting you heal back fully would make it too easy to go on massive rampages as heroes. I do think maybe the minimum value for guys like Han and Boba should be raised a bit though, I think they can drop down to like 198 as their max regeneratable health, maybe make that 250-300.
    I would rather just have heroes being able to fully regen their health. This promoting passive play from players when they get low on health. It was a horrible change.

lol people are still going to camp especially if they can regen health to full. it just means that they will attack even longer. the idea that they dont regen all the way MAKES IT BETTER for infantry to still have a chance against them. which forces you to actually play smart with the heros and not just be super aggressive like in the first game.

the system is fine
  • I think that heroes are fine too. If i wanna play heroes on a "long run", i just play heroes vs villains.
  • The pre-alpha system was better in my opinion BUT if the devs want apply this new system....

The solution for me is this:

Raise the health threshold to 100 for everyone before your health go down.
    So saber heroes can sustain 400 damages (now its 300) and blasters heroes can sustain 300 damages (now its 200).

In addition to this a hero should be able to regenerate at least at 300 health. So even if a hero go down at 1% he is able to regenerate at 300. With this solution we will not see heroes with less health of reinforcements and we will not see heroes with like 150-100 or less health that is silly and incentivate players to camp.

My English is not perfect is clear this explanation?
  • bfloo
    14085 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    The pre-alpha system was better in my opinion BUT if the devs want apply this new system....

The solution for me is this:

Raise the health threshold to 100 for everyone before your health go down.
    So saber heroes can sustain 400 damages (now its 300) and blasters heroes can sustain 300 damages (now its 200).

In addition to this a hero should be able to regenerate at least at 300 health. So even if a hero go down at 1% he is able to regenerate at 300. With this solution we will not see heroes with less health of reinforcements and we will not see heroes with like 150-100 or less health that is silly and incentivate players to camp.

My English is not perfect is clear this explanation?

Hmmm, leaving heroes at 150 health so they sit in the corner and hide.

Sounds like a better solution than killing them and getting a full health hero.

Leave it alone :)

h846398gb27k.png

• Learn to play within the system and show some skill rather than asking devs to make you unkillable...
  • bfloo
    14085 posts Member
    SWymsa wrote: »
    Learn to play within the system and show some skill rather than asking devs to make you unkillable...

At least they are asking for buffs and not nerfs.

h846398gb27k.png

• Still think lightsaber heroes should one hit kill all normal infranty (not reinforcements).
    I would rather just have heroes being able to fully regen their health. This promoting passive play from players when they get low on health. It was a horrible change.

Yeah this new system fell back into the same trap as the last game when they swore to fix it
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »
    Not a bad idea. Could lead to people just camping on the officers though.

Fair point but no one could say the hero is being selfish or isn’t being a team player if he/she did so
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    SWymsa wrote: »
    Learn to play within the system and show some skill rather than asking devs to make you unkillable...

I’ll show skill. And I won’t feel bad for having to camp around corners and playing passive like the last game. This thread isn’t for me to complain that I can’t do good with heroes because that’s not the issue. The issue is pushing heroes into passivity and potential weakness
  • I’d also be fine if they raised the minimum the max health could drop to. A hero shouldn’t be on the battlefield with <150 health. A heavy has more health. That’s a joke. It shouldn’t fall below 450-500
  • bfloo
    14085 posts Member
    People are already going on 30+ kill streaks with heroes.

They don't need a buff.

h846398gb27k.png

• Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

Yeah this new system fell back into the same trap as the last game when they swore to fix it

They swore to fix a lot and not many things have changed. If the developers aren't going to go back the pre-alpha hero health system then I agree heroes shouldn't cost up to 5k Battle points, the price range should be 4k to 4.5k. As soon as the magna guards come out, I'm not wasting my battle points on any hero. I'm piking people to death!
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Shinjuku wrote: »

They swore to fix a lot and not many things have changed. If the developers aren't going to go back the pre-alpha hero health system then I agree heroes shouldn't cost up to 5k Battle points, the price range should be 4k to 4.5k. As soon as the magna guards come out, I'm not wasting my battle points on any hero. I'm piking people to death!

And you’ll be able to fully regen to 400 even if you drop to 1. Meanwhile Luke Skywalker will be prey at 133 health
  • Quizolio wrote: »
    The only tweak that should be made is an increase in damage resistance. Not an increase in actual health, mind you, but simply give the heroes an actual chance to survive sustained fire at least once in a run. It felt kind of pathetic to get gunned down by a group of just three or four enemies whilst at full health.

Please this. One of my runs as Boba Fett sucked because a heavy happened to be right behind as I spawned. Felt like he barely pulled the trigger and suddenly, 75% of my health was gone. It really doesn't have to be much and it could just be for blaster heroes. I just hate feeling so squishy.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • I say less health and full regen. Maul could be fine at 600 or even 500. Very worst they should get reduced to half the total HP.
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Shinjuku wrote: »

And you’ll be able to fully regen to 400 even if you drop to 1. Meanwhile Luke Skywalker will be prey at 133 health

Come again?
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Heros regaining full health equals 0 deaths and 100 plus kill streaks. No thanks. This is a game for infantry not overwatch
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Maul would run wild if he could constantly regen to full health.

That is what we are trying to avoid in this game.

But If someone only has 120 health as maul he definitely won’t be running into the palace throne room, but if he could regen his health, he likely would. Heroes are easy to destroy even at full health.

Come again?

If you’re a magnaguard or any other reinforcement, it doesn’t matter if your healthbar drops because you can fully regen, unlike heroes
  • Heros regaining full health equals 0 deaths and 100 plus kill streaks. No thanks. This is a game for infantry not overwatch

Two words: scatter gun
    It’s not necessarily hard to kill a hero, especially one who would feel daring if he could potentially fully heal up. It would balance things out

Come again?

If you’re a magnaguard or any other reinforcement, it doesn’t matter if your healthbar drops because you can fully regen, unlike heroes

Well obviously, that's why I said I'm ditching the heroes due to the fact that they don't feel no different than reinforcements and it's a waste of battle points at times.
    MLtmeEi.png
  • bfloo
    14085 posts Member
    Heros regaining full health equals 0 deaths and 100 plus kill streaks. No thanks. This is a game for infantry not overwatch

It’s not necessarily hard to kill a hero, especially one who would feel daring if he could potentially fully heal up. It would balance things out

I didn't feel the heroes were unbalanced playing them or playing against them.

If anything, the numbers some were able to put up kill wise makes me lean towards they are still op.

h846398gb27k.png

Come again?

Well obviously, that's why I said I'm ditching the heroes due to the fact that they don't feel no different than reinforcements and it's a waste of battle points at times.

And I was supporting your statement by saying it favors you in the long run
    Heros regaining full health equals 0 deaths and 100 plus kill streaks. No thanks. This is a game for infantry not overwatch

If anything, the numbers some were able to put up kill wise makes me lean towards they are still op.

Good players will make do with anything they’re given. They’re definitely not OP. They were perfect in the alpha but now they’re fragile

Come again?

I don't recall being able to keep an MTT at 74% and break holdouts in the palace as a SBD. Maybe you can, but when I get Maul I can usually assure you that the Separatists are going to have 100 tickets on Phase 2 and probably Phase 3.

If you are skilled enough with a certain hero, you should be able to get lots of kills with that hero. If heroes are any weaker than they are now than what’s the point of heroes? They are meant to be good.
  • Afrom3istwr
    891 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I'd just like to a see an armor element to heroes. There's no reason an infantry soldier should be dropping a quick 250-300 damage with vanguard and the ee-4. Right now the current format is promoting a kamikaze style to attacking heroes.

I know the ee-4 is getting nerfed and don't think vanguard should be nerfed. Instead, there should be an armor that reduces that damage by about 10-15%. I don't mind the how the regen works, but right now I've had too many matches, where I've had to sit back way too much to pick my spots.

I think the main issue is that a lot of these weapons have been buffed bc of the changes made to the new health system. Now, it's made it hard to find the right balance for heroes.
    Post edited by Afrom3istwr on
  • bfloo
    14085 posts Member

bfloo wrote: »

If you are skilled enough with a certain hero, you should be able to get lots of kills with that hero. If heroes are any weaker than they are now than what’s the point of heroes? They are meant to be good.

I don't want Maul nerfed. Maybe one day I can put up over 30 kills with him :)

I enjoyed the hero play.

h846398gb27k.png

• What ever happened to traits??? I thought they were making a comeback
    What ever happened to traits??? I thought they were making a comeback

I’ve wondered the same thing. Maybe they wasn’t ready for the beta?
  • Lord_0f_Strife
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    It’s seems most people don’t think a major change is needed. So what about this to give them slight edge. Don’t make their dot on the map bigger. What happens is you see where the hero is and all the troops converge to take them out. It makes too much since in reality why would Han Solo have a bigger life reading than anyone else?
  • It’s seems most people don’t think a major change is needed. So what about this to give them slight edge. Don’t make their dot on the map bigger. What happens is you see where the hero is and all the troops converge to take them out. It makes too much since in reality why would Han Solo have a bigger life reading than anyone else?

The majors of players for what I see on forums, reddit, YouTube ecc want buffs for them.
  • bfloo
    14085 posts Member
    It’s seems most people don’t think a major change is needed. So what about this to give them slight edge. Don’t make their dot on the map bigger. What happens is you see where the hero is and all the troops converge to take them out. It makes too much since in reality why would Han Solo have a bigger life reading than anyone else?

Many, maybe even most of us, wanted the big red dot taken out in the last game too.

h846398gb27k.png

Many, maybe even most of us, wanted the big red dot taken out in the last game too.

What was the big red dot?
  • bfloo
    14085 posts Member

The one on radar that showed where the enemy hero was

h846398gb27k.png

The one on radar that showed where the enemy hero was

Ahhh
  • Well the red dot has reappeared in this game soooo that sucks
  • I think the whole conversation is moot and jumping the gun. I have no idea how the cards are going to effect the heros.
    #infantrylivesmatter

Case in point:

rollind24 wrote: »
    I think the whole conversation is moot and jumping the gun. I have no idea how the cards are going to effect the heros.

Very true. Maul and Rey both couldn't be upgraded in the beta; with the right buffs via Star Cards, they could really become juggernauts.