criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Iden is a confirmed hero!

Prev13
Iden has actually been confirmed as a hero! I don't know what to think about that. What do you guys think?
https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/heroes/iden-versio
I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.

Replies

• Don't like it

Keep her exclusive to the campaign.
  • Dont like, rather have movie characters and Even those animated series (havent watched them, cause netflix doesnt have them anymore).
  • I am so glad! Justice for Iden!
  • I'd rather her stay campaign as well. It's definitely an interesting choice for EA. Maybe they can make it work well, but I think they just did it to get more heroes.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • While I'm fine with having Iden as a hero (God Bless Janina Gavankar), its pretty sad that we're getting her before the likes of Grievous or Obi-Wan (and according to leaks, she's filling a spot for them).
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • Warrior wrote: »
    I'd rather her stay campaign as well. It's definitely an interesting choice for EA. Maybe they can make it work well, but I think they just did it to get more heroes.

They did it because, for some inexplicable reason, they don't plan on bringing back Greedo and Dengar.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
    I'd rather her stay campaign as well. It's definitely an interesting choice for EA. Maybe they can make it work well, but I think they just did it to get more heroes.

They did it because, for some inexplicable reason, they don't plan on bringing back Greedo and Dengar.

And that sucks on so many levels. Loved Greedo in last game.
  • Hobocommand3r
    83 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    More female heroes. Not a fan. Where's captain Rex or Cad Bane? Someone people actually know about? Or Greedo?
  • More female heroes. Not a fan. Where's captain Rex or Cad Bane? Someone people actually know about? Or Greedo?

I would like some heroes from the TV shows, but I think that they should make more movie heroes before they try that.

Id rather they not bring back 2 of the most irrelevant characters in the entire franchise. Bring in stuff like Mace Windu and Count Dooku
  • They are sending dengar to take a dirt nap? That sucks. Greedo was solid too.
  • Edalin007 wrote: »
    Don't like it

Keep her exclusive to the campaign.

she's a fill in for not having any other villians for the OT
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Not impressed by her abilities, she seems rehashed from stuff we've used countless times in the previous game. Wish they were a bit more innovative with her. Can't really see choosing her when there's so many more interesting villains on the roster.

I do like that they've given her the TL50 though! It was one of my favorite weapons in the last game.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't see anything wrong with her being available as a hero on multiplayer it was a great call and she would be a nice addition to the roster. I wonder what her abilities would be and how it will effect other heroes and infantry. Captain Phasma is looking fine asf too.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Bro this is finna disappointing honestly. But we're talking about the game where we don't get Anakin so yeah. This might seem like a more personal opinion to me but I think Bossk, Boba, and Dengar are a trio just like Han, Luke, and Leia and then they ditch Dengar just to have the campaign character in there. I really don't like it. Campaign and multiplayer should be separate. Oh well, I'll just never play her like I never played Jyn in the last game.
    CIS: OOM-9, Sebulba, Nute Gunray
    Republic: Coleman Trebor, Shmi Skywalker, The clone that fell with Padme
    Rebels: Lobot, Willrow Hood, Rebel Friend
    Empire: Rancor Keeper, Walrus Man, Dagobah Luke-Face Vader
    First Order: The stormtrooper with blood on his face
    Resistance: I couldn't care less
  • Underwhelming and terrible choice. Can’t say I didn’t see this happening though...
  • SWRebel87
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm glad, she looks really cool and has some of my favorite weapons from the first game. I liked Dengar but, Iden seems more important to the Empire and The Empire needed a female hero anyway. I am going to miss Nein and Greedo and Jyn and Krennic though.
    For Han, For Leia, For Chewie, For Hosnian Prime, FOR THE RESISTANCE!!
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    So excited! Loved the book and can't wait to play as her in Multiplayer!
  • Also for EVERYONE saying that Dengar is an irrelevant character and doesn't affect the story, here's what I have to say. We know Dengar. He's existed for almost 40 years. We all knew him, especially if you played Lego Star Wars (remember those bounty hunter missions?). Iden is a brand new character and while she might affect the saga more than Dengar did, Dengar is still a character we love. He deserves justice for being kicked to the curb while Boba and Bossk can thrive on.
  • Was that ever a serious question?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Underwhelming and terrible choice. Can’t say I didn’t see this happening though...

Yeah, ain't that the truth
  • SWRebel87
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I remember people complaining about Dengar because he was too obscure now you want him back over a main character because she's "new", make up your minds! You can't dislike someone you don't know anything about.
    For Han, For Leia, For Chewie, For Hosnian Prime, FOR THE RESISTANCE!!
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Underwhelming and terrible choice. Can’t say I didn’t see this happening though...

I agree and disagree seeing as how identical is in the campaign it makes sense but then theres other bigger i mperials I want to see

*Veers for the win?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »

I agree and disagree seeing as how identical is in the campaign it makes sense but then theres other bigger i mperials I want to see

*Veers for the win?

Bro, Tarkin > Veers
  • I'm completely fine with seeing her as a hero option. I always thought that it made sense to use a hero that they already have all the assets for.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked to have seen other heroes first of course, but her presence isn't a negative IMO.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    I'll decide after I play the campaign, or after I watch the cut scenes on youtube if it isn't fun.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    With a kit like that I bet she's a beast in HvV.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Well the campaign is canon, so Iden is now a canon character.

It makes sense to have her online since her character is already done for the single player.
  • I've been loving her character more and more, and I'm glad to see her in multiplayer.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Dont like, rather have movie characters and Even those animated series (havent watched them, cause netflix doesnt have them anymore).

Yeah cuz Bossk and Dengar and numb nuts were so iconic and had so many lines of dialogue!
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    Dont like, rather have movie characters and Even those animated series (havent watched them, cause netflix doesnt have them anymore).

Yeah cuz Bossk and Dengar and numb nuts were so iconic and had so many lines of dialogue!

numb nuts had the power of the HUE HUE HUE

h846398gb27k.png

• Also for EVERYONE saying that Dengar is an irrelevant character and doesn't affect the story, here's what I have to say. We know Dengar. He's existed for almost 40 years. We all knew him, especially if you played Lego Star Wars (remember those bounty hunter missions?). Iden is a brand new character and while she might affect the saga more than Dengar did, Dengar is still a character we love. He deserves justice for being kicked to the curb while Boba and Bossk can thrive on.

You didn't even know Dengars name until the 2015
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    Also for EVERYONE saying that Dengar is an irrelevant character and doesn't affect the story, here's what I have to say. We know Dengar. He's existed for almost 40 years. We all knew him, especially if you played Lego Star Wars (remember those bounty hunter missions?). Iden is a brand new character and while she might affect the saga more than Dengar did, Dengar is still a character we love. He deserves justice for being kicked to the curb while Boba and Bossk can thrive on.

When we need to use Lego Star Wars to justify a character we are really grasping for the bottom of the barrel.

h846398gb27k.png

Bro I knew him for a long time don't act like you know me or everyone else

To me theyre good ol' fassion star wars. Not some game-based character, which (to me) doesnt have any emotional value. And thats what star wars is to me.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Also for EVERYONE saying that Dengar is an irrelevant character and doesn't affect the story, here's what I have to say. We know Dengar. He's existed for almost 40 years. We all knew him, especially if you played Lego Star Wars (remember those bounty hunter missions?). Iden is a brand new character and while she might affect the saga more than Dengar did, Dengar is still a character we love. He deserves justice for being kicked to the curb while Boba and Bossk can thrive on.

When we need to use Lego Star Wars to justify a character we are really grasping for the bottom of the barrel.

Indeed! Too much focus on heros on these discussions imo. Infantry is where the really work is done! Hero's should be treated like an after dinner digestif

I'm not using that to justify him, thanks for being a **** about that, I was just saying that he's been in games and we've known him. I've known him since a kid, same with all my friends. Just saying he isn't as irrelevant as everyone makes him seem. Either way if you would like to justify Bossk with YOUR logic (not mine) then I would like you to explain why he's in and Dengar isn't

To me theyre good ol' fassion star wars. Not some game-based character, which (to me) doesnt have any emotional value. And thats what star wars is to me.

Good old fashioned characters with 6 seconds screen time and zero lines of dialogue. Nobody knew there names until 2015. They had to create dialogue in a video game for these so called icons
  • Im personally only caring Greedo, which i dare to claim is atleast somewhat iconic. And old characters also have costumes which have huge nostalgia boost to me.

Good old fashioned characters with 6 seconds screen time and zero lines of dialogue. Nobody knew there names until 2015. They had to create dialogue in a video game for these so called icons

Good old fashioned characters LIKE BOBA FETT with 60 seconds of screentime and like 2 lines of dialogue (not including episode 2)? And then he's one of the most overrated and loved characters? Star Wars is the only franchise that actually has people enjoy their minor characters. All of Boba Fett's in-game lines are all created without much reference because he barely spoke in the movies. Also don't act like none of us knew Dengar's name until 2015, maybe that was you so speak for yourself, not everyone else. Either way it's not a hard concept to grasp since Bossk is in the game and had the same screentime as Dengar.
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I'm not using that to justify him, thanks for being a **** about that, I was just saying that he's been in games and we've known him. I've known him since a kid, same with all my friends. Just saying he isn't as irrelevant as everyone makes him seem. Either way if you would like to justify Bossk with YOUR logic (not mine) then I would like you to explain why he's in and Dengar isn't

Anytime :)

I can care less if any of the bounty hunters get added. I would rather have actual Imperials like Veers and Thrawn.

As far as dev reasons, which will be a guess, I saw Bossk used a lot more than Dengar in the last game. I know many found Bossk OP and the meta hero.

I can only remember coming across a great Dengar player once in the last game. After the initial excitement of Bespin, I don't think I saw him used 10 times.

h846398gb27k.png

• If we could have some comic book character like Dr Aphra, i would be happy. Her comic serie is really good and shes a really nice vilain character.
    bfloo wrote: »

Anytime :)

I can care less if any of the bounty hunters get added. I would rather have actual Imperials like Veers and Thrawn.

As far as dev reasons, which will be a guess, I saw Bossk used a lot more than Dengar in the last game. I know many found Bossk OP and the meta hero.

I can only remember coming across a great Dengar player once in the last game. After the initial excitement of Bespin, I don't think I saw him used 10 times.

Ok well that was you but I saw him plenty of times. I didn't see Krennic or Jyn played an awful lot either, and they are main characters that are heavily marketed by Disney. I don't think I saw Jyn once in Walker Assault. I don't think it's about the characters roles in the movies or how much they were played. Also Bossk was an abomination that never got fixed so that's why he was played so much.
  • EmmaFett10304
    2498 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Im personally honly caring Greedo, which i dare to claim is atleast somewhat iconic. And old characters also have costumes which have huge nostalgia boost to me.

I'm not a big hero junkie but I tend to agree with you. There are not many OT villains but Greedo while playing a small part is definitely one of the most iconic characters. He should be in the game. How many who shot first Han or Greedo conversations have we all had!
  • bfloo
    14398 posts Member
    Im personally honly caring Greedo, which i dare to claim is atleast somewhat iconic. And old characters also have costumes which have huge nostalgia boost to me.

I'm not a big hero junkie but I tend to agree with you. There are not many OT villains but Greedo while playing a small part is definitely one of the most iconic characters. He should be in the game. How many who shot first Han or Greedo conversations have we all had!

The who shot first conversations is the only reason anyone cares about Greedo.

h846398gb27k.png

• Im personally honly caring Greedo, which i dare to claim is atleast somewhat iconic. And old characters also have costumes which have huge nostalgia boost to me.

Haha, indeed :smiley: .

The who shot first conversations is the only reason anyone cares about Greedo.

Touche
    Kind of off-topic, but according to my Netflix, Clone Wars is still there.

No Dengar?...... No Dengar..... NO DENGAR...... NOOOOO DENGAR?!!!!!
  • I'm completely fine with having her as a hero and it makes sense if you ask me.

Now if we can bring back Dengar and get IG-88 in the game that would be great. >_>