criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Word From EA on the Beta

Prev13
https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/thank-you-beta?utm_campaign=swbf2_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_swbf2-101217-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&****=38387&ts=1507835560227

The most interesting line I saw was “as a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.”

So if you’re looking to drop your wallet in the hope of getting all the legendary cards, looks like you’re out of luck. I like it.

Replies

• I sense a disturbance in the force
  • “And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.”

They’re nerfing the whales.
  • I have to say what they said is reassuring.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Don’t really care about people paying to max out there cards I just don’t want people who have max cards to have that much of an advantage. Like if someone grinds out to max their cards, they will also have a superior level of skill which could become very annoying if they also have a large advantage since they have max cards.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Oh good, this should calm people down
  • PJP
    61 posts Member
    https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/thank-you-beta?utm_campaign=swbf2_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_swbf2-101217-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&****=38387&ts=1507835560227

The most interesting line I saw was “as a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.”

So if you’re looking to drop your wallet in the hope of getting all the legendary cards, looks like you’re out of luck. I like it.

Dude, thanks for posting this. I was waiting for an official response.
  • This is really Good news
  • “And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.”

They’re nerfing the whales.

Good, good, let the hate flow through them... In all seriousness though, good. I don't want a whale getting in my way, challenges to unlock stuff? Count me in.
  • This sounds promising.

I REALLY want this game so I'm hoping the finished product is not like the Beta with so much of the game progression focussed on loot crates. Here is hoping, because the loot crates thing made me change my mind about getting this game at launch unless it is fixed.

The demo was awesome imo aside from the loot crate progression ****.
  • So is the per-match credit output still not performance-based? Even as a less than stellar player, I can't understand how good players ending the match with the same amount of credits as my unskilled behind is okay. That is the one thing I didn't see clarified in that post, unless I missed something. I really hope that was just set that way for the Beta and is different in the full game.
  • sith420 wrote: »
    So is the per-match credit output still not performance-based? Even as a less than stellar player, I can't understand how good players ending the match with the same amount of credits as my unskilled behind is okay. That is the one thing I didn't see clarified in that post, unless I missed something. I really hope that was just set that way for the Beta and is different in the full game.

I have no friggin clue how the credits are awarded... me and my friends always got mixed results. We'd get the same score or close and I'd get awarded 270 credits and my friend 150.
    So is the per-match credit output still not performance-based? Even as a less than stellar player, I can't understand how good players ending the match with the same amount of credits as my unskilled behind is okay. That is the one thing I didn't see clarified in that post, unless I missed something. I really hope that was just set that way for the Beta and is different in the full game.

We Cant have it all.. They did not Make Crystals for fun

• Wow

It's almost like

I was right the whole time.

Hmmmm....
  • That's good to know I was getting the game regardless myself. But I guess seeing a mass drop of pre-order and complaints woke people up. The game was a blast and this helps smooth over any large concerns I had.
  • Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    Wow

It's almost like

Hmmmm....

Still Down for the 1K club

• sith420
    240 posts Member
    edited October 2017

We Cant have it all.. They did not Make Crystals for fun

[/quote]

True that, I guess, but this is very good to hear, and I am glad someone finally came out and said something to calm the masses.
  • Do the p2w brigade now have nothing to complain about or will it be " see we took on dice and ea and have implemented changes" i believe these were always gonna be the crate + progression system they just released it now to stop the arguments and bickering in the community.The youtubers are gonna have to find there drama elsewhere to supplement their failing incomes
  • Do the p2w brigade now have nothing to complain about or will it be " see we took on dice and ea and have implemented changes" i believe these were always gonna be the crate + progression system they just released it now to stop the arguments and bickering in the community.The youtubers are gonna have to find there drama elsewhere to supplement their failing incomes

Angry Joe Where u at boi
  • I mean, at least they came out and acknowledged the concerns. But it suspiciously feels more like a "Darn we were just called out on our **** better try extra hard to mask the horrible truth that the game has a random progression system."

Wow

It's almost like

Hmmmm....

Not really. This response is most likely due to the backlash they are getting from multiple sites and multiple gamers.

They even said they
    "Rest assured, we’re continuing to listen to you coming out of Beta. We’re taking a look at some of the
    most discussed topics, from Crates and progression to Strike mode..."

So the complaints are effective to helping the company to perfect the game so that they do not lose potential sales. Criticism and complaints work for improvement when it comes to these games sometimes.

I think that’s the only thing left that really bothers me. Even cross-era I can live with, but getting a capped amount of credits that doesn’t reflect how I played is a real kick in the pods.

I think that’s the only thing left that really bothers me. Even cross-era I can live with, but getting a capped amount of credits that doesn’t reflect how I played is a real kick in the pods.

But Dice have to sell something to EA - like Cuphead and Mugman We Too must Roll the dice

It sure doesn't promote team or objective play, that's for sure. If I was an actual good player lol, that would tick me off a bit, if you play well, you should earn credits faster, I can't understand how any other method makes sense.
  • I think this is being overblown by YouTubers who are making money off of “hot takes” that they know will make them a lot of money. They’re not going to allow people to buy a plat card with real money. They won’t even buff someone’s chances of getting gold/plat cards if they buy the crates through money. No need to panic. This is all hot air
    It sure doesn't promote team or objective play, that's for sure. If I was an actual good player lol, that would tick me off a bit, if you play well, you should earn credits faster, I can't understand how any other method makes sense.

Here's hoping that they have it the same way they did with Battlefront 2015. Because I did notice the 0 score on the end screen all the way to the left near your performance. That might have had something to do with it.
  • In other good news, they’re making the Flame Trooper useful and nerfing Inflitration.
  • So it’s not Pay-to-Win. Shocking </ sarcasm >
  • Othiion wrote: »
    sith420 wrote: »

Here's hoping that they have it the same way they did with Battlefront 2015. Because I did notice the 0 score on the end screen all the way to the left near your performance. That might have had something to do with it.

I agree, that system worked just fine, no need to change it. Must have just been a Beta thing.
  • Took 'em long enough. Not quite as detailed as I was hoping for but about what I expected.

If you're going to have to rank up what will be the point of getting crystals to get crates?
  • Nice! That is a really welcome statement.
    I hope it really quiets down the P2W crowd. that was getting really tiring when every other thread was just bashing the loot crates.

The one thing I was hoping they would mention about the star cards was the % bonuses on some of those. They seemed ridiculously high in the beta like max level giving 100% bonus to dmg, etc. There's no way they'd keep those kind of levels in the actual game you'd think?

Assuming they dont' adjust those levels, while you may not instantly get a huge advantage anymore via loot crates, if you play an insane amount of hours to grind out cards, you'd still end up being exceptionally OP'd vs a new player who decided to just pick up the game. I hope they tune those to more reasonable levels.
  • maxquu
    100 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Pay to win trolls just stop.giphy.gif
  • Frimmel wrote: »
    Took 'em long enough. Not quite as detailed as I was hoping for but about what I expected.

If you're going to have to rank up what will be the point of getting crystals to get crates?

Im presuming that you’ll get to a point where you’re a high enough rank for the field of potential useable card upgrades to open up and you can choose to give yourself a boost.
    Wow

It's almost like

Hmmmm....

Nah, the system is being nerfed due to community backlash. This is all thanks to those who spoke out, not due to those who were saying "gee guys, just trust EA, I'm sure they have our best interests at heart!"

Regardless of the reason though, seeing that they are listening is already making me feel better.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Im laughing so hard right now, inside.
  • GreenArrow wrote: »
    Im laughing so hard right now, inside.

Tears of joy ?
    Wow

It's almost like

Hmmmm....

Nah, the system is being nerfed due to community backlash. This is all thanks to those who spoke out, not due to those who were saying "gee guys, just trust EA, I'm sure they have our best interests at heart!"

Regardless of the reason though, seeing that they are listening is already making me feel better.

I think the same if I’m honest. The whiners probably did us a solid here.
  • olafpkyou wrote: »
    I mean, at least they came out and acknowledged the concerns. But it suspiciously feels more like a "Darn we were just called out on our **** better try extra hard to mask the horrible truth that the game has a random progression system."

My sentiments as well. Not letting them off the hook until I see what the final product is now. Not falling for anything until it is launched and reviewed after this and 2015. Not this time am I taking anyones word before handing over my cash.
  • Othiion wrote: »
    sith420 wrote: »

Might have done that to make the beta longer and testing more even throughout the community. Like what you are spending those precious scraps and credits on. Get a sense of what people are upgrading and using most? That would be a better explanation and hope that is all it is. I would much rather the system be tiered on performance than a set pool for the whole team.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Good post and thanks for noticing that counter at 0. It does make sense actually to have that for the beta.
  • GreenArrow
    505 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    GreenArrow wrote: »
    Im laughing so hard right now, inside.

Tears of joy ?

Yap. But I knew all this time its not pay to win game, but it was fun (while it last) to watch all these doubting thomas' whining and raging about it.
  • ROMG4
    2295 posts Member
    AHHAHAHA

The You-Tubers just got their whole angle blown apart

Fake News loses again!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • AwesomeA9991
    234 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Finally, the P2W ppl can shut up now. This whole raging about P2W nonsense was just that, total nonsense.
    WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS!
    Wow

It's almost like

Hmmmm....

I think the same if I’m honest. The whiners probably did us a solid here.

Indeed. I think it really helped that the gaming community and gaming websites and Youtubers came together on this issue.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • What's this, EA wars Return of the fanboys?? :D

You need to grind levels and crates now?
    So you can still get these items in bought crates just not use them until you hit a certain level?
  • SWymsa wrote: »
    What's this, EA wars Return of the fanboys?? :D

You need to grind levels and crates now?
    So you can still get these items in bought crates just not use them until you hit a certain level?
    Hows that better?

• How are people are interpreting this as evidence of it not being pay to win ?

Seriously, I don't get it. The words 'crystals, our premium currency" appear. Crystals that are already advertised for sale for real money. That buy crates. Which contain the chance for star cards and other elements that boost stats to make you stronger than others. So you have an advantage and win.

this isn't about the kid down the street spending his $20 on it. It's the whale spending $2000+ on it to guarantee they get the more powerful elements

I didn't pre-order because of the stunt they pulled with the dwindling season pass and promised content that never came in BF1.

And there are many of us out there who won't throw a dollar at this until we actually can see that it isn't pay to win, which it most definitely does not reassure nor exclude from that press release.

The only legit use for crates is for them to only contain elements that are aesthetic only. All other progression and elements that affect stats must be behind a play to earn system. Unfortunately, this is not what they are doing.
  • ...this isn't about the kid down the street spending his $20 on it. It's the whale spending $2000+ on it to guarantee they get the more powerful elements.

By the time you ever meet that guy, and most of us never will, you’ll have a solid set of cards of your own.

This is the biggest issue with the beta, and this is the number one thing to fix before release in my opinion. But everyone like to discuss some crap like gambling or p2w or any other nonsense.

That is why I personally detest people fueling such discussions. They harm the community and the game, since little to no attention is paid to real issues.
  • ...this isn't about the kid down the street spending his $20 on it. It's the whale spending $2000+ on it to guarantee they get the more powerful elements.

By the time you ever meet that guy, and most of us never will, you’ll have a solid set of cards of your own.

I really, really, really want that to be right.

We'll only find out at launch. I really want my concerns to be wrong but the words "premium currency"... buy crates... in an EA title...

I'm only buying the game if pay to win doesn't feature and after BF1 I'm only parting with my cash when I actually see the product this time.

I really, really, really want that to be right.

We'll only find out at launch. I really want my concerns to be wrong but the words "premium currency"... buy crates... in an EA title...

I'm only buying the game if pay to win doesn't feature and after BF1 I'm only parting with my cash when I actually see the product this time.

Up to you mate, but you’re obviously here for a reason. Just get the game and have fun and shoot wookies through a swarm of pigeons with the rest of us.

When it launches, now that the prophesied Day-One Whales (that are so rare I’d wager you won’t actually see one) have been hamstrung, I’m sure it’s going to be fun.
  • I'm just glad to be able to read threads (hopefully) not involving crates again.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad