criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Admiral Ackbar for Starfighter Assault

SAmulticore
3317 posts Member
edited October 2017
Alright, now we can all stop being salty about major stuff we can get back to arguing about who’s supposed to be in the game.

Ackbar. Especially in the OT/ST I need Admiral Ackbar sending commands over the comm system.

If this helps, and I know it’s a long shot, but I am willing to fight a dev in hand to hand combat and if I win my chosen prize is Ackbar VO for Starfighter Assault.
Post edited by SAmulticore on

Replies

• +1 agreed
  • Its a trap
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Would definitely be cool if we got Ackbar on Death Star debris. I get it would be even harder than usual to get the voice lines to sound right but it’s worth it. Just one map....

But please don’t make him a playable hero.
  • Agreed! I want the admiral giving me commands over the intercom, not this horrible voice actor they currently have.
    giphy.gif
  • Alex64
    5580 posts Member
    Home one as reinforcement
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Agreed! I want the admiral giving me commands over the intercom, not this horrible voice actor they currently have.
    giphy.gif

I really hope the voice talent never visits this board.

‘THE HECK IS THAT LUKE IMPRESSION ‘DUN MEK ME KILL U’ HAHAHAWAT’
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Agreed! I want the admiral giving me commands over the intercom, not this horrible voice actor they currently have.
    giphy.gif

And I thought the first battlefront’s luke voice actor was bad :(
    The imperial’s commander voice for SA is even worse. It’s so bad it’s not even believable.
    giphy.gif

The imperial’s commander voice for SA is even worse. It’s so bad it’s not even believable.

I’d be down with Ackbar and Yularen/Tarkin for every era. The current VO’s definitely miss the mark for me.
    giphy.gif

I’d be down with Ackbar and Yularen/Tarkin for every era. The current VO’s definitely miss the mark for me.

Agreed. I thought the imperial voice actors for the first battlefront were pretty good also. They really took a step back with these actors
  • DaveTheRave
    186 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Adding Ackbar, Now that would be epic!!
    Post edited by DaveTheRave on
    May The Force Be With You.
  • Could they not afford the same voices from the first game? They had Ackbar for survival and it sounded pretty good imo. Bring back the old OT voices please.
  • SAmulticore
    3317 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Kyloren421 wrote: »
    Could they not afford the same voices from the first game? They had Ackbar for survival and it sounded pretty good imo. Bring back the old OT voices please.

Yeah I wouldn’t even be mad if they called up everyone from BF2015 (except the new Vader, he sounds better).

Like you said, they know a dude who does a solid Ackbar.
  • Alright, now we can all stop being salty about major stuff we can get back to arguing about who’s supposed to be in the game.

Ackbar. Especially in the OT/ST I need Admiral Ackbar sending commands over the comm system.

If this helps, and I know it’s a long shot, but I am willing to fight a dev in hand to hand combat and if I win my chosen prize is Ackbar VO for Starfighter Assault.

Yeah, why don't we add jar jar in while we're at it? Or maybe Max Reebo? Lord knows this game already isn't full of cringe-worthy references...
  • Kyloren421 wrote: »
    Could they not afford the same voices from the first game? They had Ackbar for survival and it sounded pretty good imo. Bring back the old OT voices please.

Yeah I wouldn’t even be mad if they called up everyone from BF2015 (except the new Vader, he sounds better).

Like you said, they know a dude who does a solid Ackbar.

I’m pretty sure Vader has the same voice actor in this game, they just gave him better lines.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Alright, now we can all stop being salty about major stuff we can get back to arguing about who’s supposed to be in the game.

Yeah, why don't we add jar jar in while we're at it? Or maybe Max Reebo? Lord knows this game already isn't full of cringe-worthy references...

I’ve been on this forum since 2015 and I legitimately haven’t seen a post more wrong than this one.
  • I mean the resistance announcer is bad; I’ll give you that, but the rest are good.
  • Couldn't agree more - every game is better with Ackbar in it!
  • I cannot imagine fleet battles without Him!
  • Would like to see him aswell!

I’ve been on this forum since 2015 and I legitimately haven’t seen a post more wrong than this one.

Lmao. Have you seen the emotes from the beta? It all just comes across as being overly facetious at this point.
  • The Ack needs to be in this game, in this way
  • TMachine97
    1022 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    I mean the resistance announcer is bad; I’ll give you that, but the rest are good.

It's sounds like Old Leia to me. The VA did a good job mimicking her voice (if that's who they were going for).

The Rebel and Imperial voices need to change. The Rebel one sounds like he belongs in the Italian mafia and the Imperial one sounds like a bad impression of Governor Pryce from Star Wars Rebels.

Bring back Husky Old Man for the Rebels and Pseudo-Tarkin for the Empire.

Lmao. Have you seen the emotes from the beta? It all just comes across as being overly facetious at this point.

I know what you mean, and I don’t particularly want ‘the robot’ emote to come back. But Ackbar directing the Rebel fleet is hardly in the same category.

Hearing lines like “direct all firepower on that Star Destroyer!” while playing Starfighter Assault would be absolutely hype.
  • Ackbars ship would be amazing in the space battle mode or as a rebels announcer over Endor.

I know what you mean, and I don’t particularly want ‘the robot’ emote to come back. But Ackbar directing the Rebel fleet is hardly in the same category.

Hearing lines like “direct all firepower on that Star Destroyer!” while playing Starfighter Assault would be absolutely hype.

I still don’t understand what the admiral has to do with bad emotes
  • TMachine97 wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    I mean the resistance announcer is bad; I’ll give you that, but the rest are good.

It's sounds like Old Leia to me. The VA did a good job mimicking her voice (if that's who they were going for).

The Rebel and Imperial voices need to change. The Rebel one sounds like he belongs in the Italian mafia and the Imperial one sounds like a bad impression of Governor Pryce from Star Wars Rebels.

Bring back Husky Old Man for the Rebels and Pseudo-Tarkin for the Empire.

I actually didn’t consider the resistance having Old Leia. Thats a really good point. But i agree with everything else you said. Lol why not just borrow the actors from rebels? It would only make sense in my opinion. If the same voices are present at launch I actually wouldn’t mind a season dedicated to redoing the voice acting.