criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Our last chance... or not

Do we have any opportunity of the cross era heroes be removed from Galactic Assault at launch or at least at a later dlc season?

Replies

• Devilfish
    249 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    They might be removed once enough heeoes of each eras are in. It was the plan last i heard

Definitly not at launch
  • I cant believe they did this. I saw a video Emperor Palpatine killing clone troopers. Palpatine killing clone troopers ffs. He is the supreme chancellor of the clone troopers. He orders them. What is next? Darth Vader leading droids to invade Naboo and Finn defending the palace?

I have every Battlefield game since BF2. I have Bf3+Premium, BF4+Premium, BF1+Premium, Battlefront+Season Pass. But I wont buy Battlefront II till they fix this cross era nonsense.
  • Mercer
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I definitely agree... I don't have issues with a certain level of abstraction in terms of lore but this getting out of hand and brutally rapes fan immersion.
  • bfloo
    14428 posts Member
    With 1 pt hero per side and 1 st hero per side, in a mode that allows 2 heroes, I've seen 3 per side mentioned but not confirmed, it wont be possible at launch.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I hope they keep cross era heroes.

I also hope heroes get randomized. Dont want to be stuck with 2 cruddy heroes every time I get a specific map
  • Sath
    232 posts Member
    Those that have no issues with cross-era heroes/villains don't care much about Star Wars, they just wanna play a cool shooter. I for one do care, cross-era is a no no. During the clone wars Palpatine was a senator not the defaced cruel dictator he became later.
  • Sath wrote: »
    Those that have no issues with cross-era heroes/villains don't care much about Star Wars, they just wanna play a cool shooter. I for one do care, cross-era is a no no. During the clone wars Palpatine was a senator not the defaced cruel dictator he became later.

That makes no sense.

I love star wars.

This just isn't a star wars simulator
  • turkoman_ wrote: »
    I cant believe they did this. I saw a video Emperor Palpatine killing clone troopers. Palpatine killing clone troopers ffs. He is the supreme chancellor of the clone troopers. He orders them. What is next? Darth Vader leading droids to invade Naboo and Finn defending the palace?

I have every Battlefield game since BF2. I have Bf3+Premium, BF4+Premium, BF1+Premium, Battlefront+Season Pass. But I wont buy Battlefront II till they fix this cross era nonsense.

It's not that bad. I mean, c'mon...in the last game you could play as Krennic or Jen on Hoth. They were already dead when the Empire attacked Hoth. Did you quit the game whenever someone spawned in as Greedo on Endor? Greedo was never there...he'd been dead for a long time. Luke on Scarif? Luke was still farming on Tatooine.

I for one love Star Wars, and I have no issue with the Cross-Era Heroes and Villains. It's not exactly immersion breaking or game breaking. If they add more to each Era then maybe they'll cut it but I like it how it is. If you don't that's your opinion and that's fine.
  • Not a fan of cross era, but I've come to accept it, at least at launch. With statements hinting at as many as three heroes per side allowed on the battlefield, there really is no other option.

However, with the Last Jedi season hitting a month after launch, that will bring the ST hero count up to four. Rumor has it that the developers are still hard at work on Grievous and that they would want to release him and Obi-Wan at the same time. That would bring the PT hero list up to four.

From there we only need two more heroes for each trilogy to bring the hero count for each up to six, which would likely be the minimum amount needed to get rid of cross era.

Let's also keep in mind that some of the heroes could work in more than one era with a simple skin swap.

I expect there will be more of a rally from the player base to get rid of cross era in the large modes at that point.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • I don’t like cross-era, I want it gone as soon as possible, but rolling out the old ‘my opinion means I’m better at being a Star Wars fan than you’ is ridiculous.
  • I don’t like cross-era, I want it gone as soon as possible, but rolling out the old ‘my opinion means I’m better at being a Star Wars fan than you’ is ridiculous.

If you're referring to me, I never implied that I was a better Star Wars fan. I just simply stated that it is Sath's opinion. It's a Star Wars game, we're all here because of that. Some like Cross-Era and some don't, I'm not going to bash someone for that. Heck, I wouldn't even bash someone if they said they were only going to play the Clone Era content of the game.
  • Othiion wrote: »
    I don’t like cross-era, I want it gone as soon as possible, but rolling out the old ‘my opinion means I’m better at being a Star Wars fan than you’ is ridiculous.

If you're referring to me, I never implied that I was a better Star Wars fan. I just simply stated that it is Sath's opinion. It's a Star Wars game, we're all here because of that. Some like Cross-Era and some don't, I'm not going to bash someone for that. Heck, I wouldn't even bash someone if they said they were only going to play the Clone Era content of the game.

I wasn’t. You actually directly quoted the post I was referring to.
  • Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding then. All good mate.
  • I'm pretty sure they already said cross era heroes will be gone after every era has enough heroes.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2

I can guarantee that I like/care about Star Wars more than you ever have or will. I also couldn't give less of a **** if theres cross era heros or not.
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they already said cross era heroes will be gone after every era has enough heroes.

Not officially, that’s just a rumour.
  • I like the fact it is cross era play. It does not bother me as it is only a game.

I can guarantee that I like/care about Star Wars more than you ever have or will. I also couldn't give less of a **** if theres cross era heros or not.

Lol. That's pretty much how I feel.

Don't assume things about people that you don't even know, that's called talking out your own ***. I don't support Cross-era heroes either but that's not going to break the game for me, get over yourself.
    2aHWXlI.gif
  • I heard that once they have enough heroes and villains for each era there won't be cross era gameplay