criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Emperor Palpatine suggestions

Hello there! Now we have both the Prequel Trilogy and Original Trilogy in Battlefront 2, and I think it would be fun if you gave Palpatine his lightsaber this time. You can see him use his lightsaber in one episode of the Clone Wars tv show and in Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith. I have suggestions that you can read below.
  • You can let the Emperor switch between lightning and lightsaber.
  • You can create two versions of him, Original trilogy version (Emperor Palpatine) with only lightning abilities, Prequel trilogy version (Darth Sidious) with both lightning and lightsaber abilities, the Original trilogy version can have black clothes and the Prequel trilogy version can have red clothes.
  • You can customize his abilities, for example, you can choose force lightning, saber throw, force choke, or force lightning, chain lightning and saber rush etc.
  • If you decide to add Count Dooku in the future, Dooku and Palpatine can have different lightning abilities, for example, Dooku can throw lightning bolts, and be able to lift the enemies from the ground and throw them away while using force lightning. Palpatine can have force lightning that stuns and kill enemies and use chain lightning. Dooku can use force lightning with one hand and Palpatine can use force lightning with two hands.
If you can't give him a lightsaber before launch, then you can give him one in a future update. Battlefront 2 is amazing, I played the Beta and I'm looking forward to play the full game. Have a nice day! :)

Replies

• The lightning/lightsaber thing isn’t happening. They’ve also said that star cards will buff abilities, not change them out
  • If there were as many threads about people complaining why Palpatine doesn't have a lightsaber as there are Maul not having a block. Then you'd at least know the devs are probably at least checking in.
  • Palpatine should lightsaber: maybe. I feel he is more unique without it though and then when Count Dooku is added he can have both saber and lightning.

2 versions: definitely not just a waste of time creating 2 very similar heros.

Customizing abilities: not oppose to it but we know that hero star cards will only work for modifing abilities.
  • PALPATINE DOES NOT NEED A LIGHTSABER

PLEASE

STAHP
  • PALPATINE DOES NOT NEED A LIGHTSABER

PLEASE

STAHP

Yep. THIS^
  • I wouldn't mind a Lightsaber for Palps, but I feel that it's better to keep him as a Force User without a Lightsaber, OT style. If you want someone who can use Force Lightning and has a Lightsaber, look no further than Count Dooku for a PT Villain. Ability wise for him:
    -Primary Fire: Lightsaber
    -Secondary Fire: Block
    -Health: 600
    -Ability 1: Force Lightning= hold down to use. Larger reach than Palpatine's Primary Fire (since it is an ability), maybe stun effect or slow effect. Has a resource system.
    -Ability 2 and 3, idk.
    Passive: Makashi Mastery= attacks are super effective against blocking Jedi (depleates a lot of stamina on blocking enemies), idk, I'm just spitballing.

I like the newer Palpatine. Definitely moved away from the support role and is now an Offensive threat. Should have an UNLIMITED POWER passive, though.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Lightsaber? Nope.

It's bad enough Yoda uses one.
  • Shinjuku
    1759 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    What's wrong with Emperor Palpatine using a light saber though? It'd be a nice option if you could use a combination of force lightning and light saber or for those who'd like to just stick with force lightning can happily do so. The developers are allowing the heroes to be directly affected by having a much deeper customisation via star cards, cosmetics etc and if they were to give Emperor Palpatine his light saber they'd be delivering what they advertised and giving the players what they wanted. Besides I've seen a lot of folks commenting & requesting to see him with his light saber on the forums, YouTube, Twitter, Reddit and so forth.

@Megacus Yes I agree, it would be absolutely amazing to see the emperor wielding his crimson light saber.

5341861-0342450527-Flamb.gif
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • I have a whole thread about Sidious being a PT Villain and is better explained than this. In my opinion.
  • I want that red outfit from revenge of the Sith for sure! pre scorched palpy
  • Shinjuku wrote: »
    What's wrong with Emperor Palpatine using a light saber though? It'd be a nice option if you could use a combination of force lightning and light saber or for those who'd like to just stick with force lightning can happily do so. The developers are allowing the heroes to be directly affected by having a much deeper customisation via star cards, cosmetics etc and if they were to give Emperor Palpatine his light saber they'd be delivering what they advertised and giving the players what they wanted. Besides I've seen a lot of folks commenting & requesting to see him with his light saber on the forums, YouTube, Twitter, Reddit and so forth.

@Megacus Yes I agree, it would be absolutely amazing to see the emperor wielding his crimson light saber.

5341861-0342450527-Flamb.gif

Palps is unique without his lightsaber. Anyway, by th time of the OT he thought he didn’t need a lightsaber because how powerful he was