criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

When are we getting more information about lightsaber combat?

I hope someone can answer this question

Replies

• Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Probably not until the game releases and people do their own independent studies. From what I’ve seen so far, it’ll be less intense than the last game, and that’s disappointing
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Probably not until the game releases and people do their own independent studies. From what I’ve seen so far, it’ll be less intense than the last game, and that’s disappointing
    Landeaux wrote: »

Right.
  • Landeaux wrote: »

Yeah. It's really disappointing. I know that Battlefront is supposed to favor the Soldier and their POV, but a simple and fun saber combat is really needed.

'Cause, y'all know, it's Star Wars.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Go play ROTS with a friend in versus if you want lightsaber combat.
  • HeavyTeemu
    538 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I think it's little bit shame there is no deeper lightsaber combat system but overall I am fine with it.

People say there is no strategy involved but defeating button smasher was easy as ever.
    When I faced people who used dashes, abilities (other than choke) and blocked fights became much more interesting.
  • Go play ROTS with a friend in versus if you want lightsaber combat.

Or maybe they can add in some basic combat principles instead of the bare-bone minimum.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames