criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

General Grievous Thoughts

So I was thinking General Grevious would be like a transformation hero, kind of like bastion I suppose Overwatch. His normal form would be him with his normal two light sabers. For instance, his L1 ability would be an escape configuration. He would get on all fours and have increased speed, and he could climb on walls. This ability he could quickly transfer out of for a surprise attack. His L2 ability could be him pulling out all 4 arms for a short time, doing increased damage and faster attack rate. His final ability would just be a stomp on the ground, has similar effects to Chewy's ground slam in the last game. IDK I just thought of this and thought is sounded pretty cool. Obviously his health would be greater that other heroes.

Replies

• I don't know. I think everyone would want to see him with four arms and lightsabers to start with as that is mainly how he was and is remembered to be like. I feel like it would be kind of a bummer for a hyped hero like General Grievous to only have two arms to begin with. I would think his abilities would be some sort of Four lightsaber spin like he did in the movies that would shred everyone to bits. His next one would be the escape one like you said, as he is good at that in the movies and shows. His last ability would be where he jumps in the air and then slams on the ground, kind of like Chewbacca in 2015, and then kills everyone around him.
  • I don't know. I think everyone would want to see him with four arms and lightsabers to start with as that is mainly how he was and is remembered to be like. I feel like it would be kind of a bummer for a hyped hero like General Grievous to only have two arms to begin with. I would think his abilities would be some sort of Four lightsaber spin like he did in the movies that would shred everyone to bits. His next one would be the escape one like you said, as he is good at that in the movies and shows. His last ability would be where he jumps in the air and then slams on the ground, kind of like Chewbacca in 2015, and then kills everyone around him.

I agree, his four arms attacks are what made him so iconic in the first place.

Even in the 2005 Battlefront 2 he attacked with all 4 arms. (Though he did walk around with only 2 arms, until he attacked)
    latest?cb=20170204173450

Also, I think a better ability for him would be this iconic defensive/offensive spin attack. (He blocks incoming blaster bolts in his direction, but it only lasts for a certain distance before cooldown)
    LeftTidyAuklet.gif

Idk, just my 2 cents
  • I just want to see a mag-crawl. One where he can walk on walls and ceilings like a spider.
  • I can get where you guys are coming from all of your ideas sound cool!
  • if he is included in a dlc definitely would like obi wan magnagaurds and utapau to be part of that dlc as well just my preference
  • So I was thinking General Grevious would be like a transformation hero, kind of like bastion I suppose Overwatch. His normal form would be him with his normal two light sabers. For instance, his L1 ability would be an escape configuration. He would get on all fours and have increased speed, and he could climb on walls. This ability he could quickly transfer out of for a surprise attack. His L2 ability could be him pulling out all 4 arms for a short time, doing increased damage and faster attack rate. His final ability would just be a stomp on the ground, has similar effects to Chewy's ground slam in the last game. IDK I just thought of this and thought is sounded pretty cool. Obviously his health would be greater that other heroes.

This sounds pretty cool. I like the thought of fleeing grievous mechanic or just a speed boost where he can get out of tight situations. Also like the 4 lightsaber attack ability. I’m kinda iffy on the stomp. Just seems bland to me but depends on how it worked in game. Could be powerful. I’m just freaking ready to play as him already

• Jango2496 wrote: »
    So I was thinking General Grevious would be like a transformation hero, kind of like bastion I suppose Overwatch. His normal form would be him with his normal two light sabers. For instance, his L1 ability would be an escape configuration. He would get on all fours and have increased speed, and he could climb on walls. This ability he could quickly transfer out of for a surprise attack. His L2 ability could be him pulling out all 4 arms for a short time, doing increased damage and faster attack rate. His final ability would just be a stomp on the ground, has similar effects to Chewy's ground slam in the last game. IDK I just thought of this and thought is sounded pretty cool. Obviously his health would be greater that other heroes.

This sounds pretty cool. I like the thought of fleeing grievous mechanic or just a speed boost where he can get out of tight situations. Also like the 4 lightsaber attack ability. I’m kinda iffy on the stomp. Just seems bland to me but depends on how it worked in game. Could be powerful. I’m just freaking ready to play as him already

Yeah I wish they would surprise us and put him and Obi-wan in at launch...

• Jango2496 wrote: »

Yeah I wish they would surprise us and put him and Obi-wan in at launch...

Now that would be pretty epic. Let’s all hope that’s the case. Ya never know maybe they get it finished before launch and throw em in.
  • 0Skywalker wrote: »
    Also, I think a better ability for him would be this iconic defensive/offensive spin attack. (He blocks incoming blaster bolts in his direction, but it only lasts for a certain distance before cooldown)

That would be amazing!
  • Maybe have his arms toggle like Bossk did with his vision mode in bf1 so the player decides if they want two or four arms. Changing his play style to a more balance play style with two arms versus a four armed aggressive play style. He could also have an ability where he fires a blaster for a short amount of time or a few shots. Lastly a mobility power like an saber dash like Rey’s but with his four sabers. Blocks would be mobile with two arms and maybe more stationary with four arms but more effective because of it. Idk just some thought to get the best of both worlds.
  • DaveKikAz wrote: »
    Maybe have his arms toggle like Bossk did with his vision mode in bf1 so the player decides if they want two or four arms. Changing his play style to a more balance play style with two arms versus a four armed aggressive play style. He could also have an ability where he fires a blaster for a short amount of time or a few shots. Lastly a mobility power like an saber dash like Rey’s but with his four sabers. Blocks would be mobile with two arms and maybe more stationary with four arms but more effective because of it. Idk just some thought to get the best of both worlds.

Yeah that was another one of my thoughts, choosing between 2 and 4 arms and they both have different play styles.