criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Motive Studios' Lead Game Dev Confirms Campaign is 5-7, Maybe 8 hrs!

David Robillard of Motive states, "It runs for about 5-7, maybe 8 hours, depending on your play style and your skill level, and difficulty you play on."

It will also included a "Veteran difficulty" mode.

Replies

• Nice! The day off work will be spent wisely
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Nice! The day off work will be spent wisely

I think this campaign is going to have A LOT of replay value! He also mentioned there will be more playable heroes as well!
    Nice! The day off work will be spent wisely

I think this campaign is going to have A LOT of replay value! He also mentioned there will be more playable heroes as well!

I can't wait boss
  • DUSTFINGER
    76 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I´ve actually seen people who are like, what 5-7 hours in a 60$ game? Not buying it, way too short!!

Like seriously what do people expect.

This is primarily a MP title so 5-7h is great, i would have been fine with the usual 4.

This isn´t wolfenstein wich only has SP.

Some people just feel entitled to get everything. Little ****^^

I can't wait boss

It's going to be good... very good!
  • DUSTFINGER wrote: »
    I´ve actually seen people who are like, what 5-7 hours in a 60$ game? Not buying it, way too short!!

This is primarily a MP title so 5-7h is great, i would have been fine with the usual 4.

I can't wait to play the harder difficulties! For me that's a good 8 hour time frame there!

• I wonder what kind of secrets / collectibles, if any, we will have. The campaign looks so legit
    I wonder what kind of secrets / collectibles, if any, we will have. The campaign looks so legit

I think we can unlock Idens droids block at the end of the campaign. Sorry, I had to lol.
    #infantrylivesmatter
    I wonder what kind of secrets / collectibles, if any, we will have. The campaign looks so legit

Diorama
  • What a shame the lost legacy was longer and that wasn't even a full game

Yeah, what do they expect? It ain't an open world game; it's a multiplayer major shooter game. They need to stop acting like crybabies, just because this game has a 5-hour campaign and loot crates doesn't mean it's bad! I am so sick of this ****!
  • I think that the campaign should be longer because they said that it would cover 30 years of star wars lore. I do not think that 5-7 hours is enough to explain 30 years. Although i am really into lore and even read the book in anticipation for the game. But i do think it could be a little longer.
  • That's lame.

I wanted to see angry joe scream "4 HOURS" like a maniac.
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    Awesome, this is about as long as I expected it to be.
  • acc751 wrote: »
    That's lame.

Hahaha! And drone on about dev time being used on a diorama mode!
  • sah227 wrote: »
    DUSTFINGER wrote: »

Yeah, what do they expect? It ain't an open world game; it's a multiplayer major shooter game. They need to stop acting like crybabies, just because this game has a 5-hour campaign and loot crates doesn't mean it's bad! I am so sick of this ****!

Agreed.
  • sah227
    125 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    acc751 wrote: »
    That's lame.

Yeah, right. His "attitude" is a reason why I don't watch his videos. And they didn't say 4 hours, they said 5-7 hours, or 8.
  • 30 years in 5 hours........this I've got to see.
  • RIFRIG wrote: »
    30 years in 5 hours........this I've got to see.

After the first few levels, I suspect a cinematic montage of events that are seen as a transition from ROTJ to Force Awakens timeframe–or a facial morph of Iden from younger to older.
  • I think that a 5+ hour Campaign is reasonable for a normal mp shooter, but I'm just trying to figure out how they're going to fit all that time in without it feeling like Asimov's Foundation LOL. It is a reasonable length, though. I'm hoping to play on medium difficulty for a 6-7 hour play through. I'm pumped for the game anyway!
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • I had not seen this video.....

Playing on veteran could be the way to go,probably 8 plus hours.
  • I was to excited about the campaign but this whole Rebel defection talk just ruined all my expectations.
    Perhaps one day we'll get a full-fledged Imperial movie or game.
    "With the elimination of the traitorous Jedi . . . our presence let the galaxy know that the days of the Old Republic were well and truly over. We were establishing a new era, an era of Order and Peace."-Clone Trooper.

"I have brought peace, freedom, justice and security to my new Empire."-Darth Vader.

tumblr_oohhok4GYT1w5773no1_400.gif
  • TheEmpire wrote: »
    I was to excited about the campaign but this whole Rebel defection talk just ruined all my expectations.

Was that offered from a Loot Crate? :D
  • TheEmpire wrote: »
    I was to excited about the campaign but this whole Rebel defection talk just ruined all my expectations.

Was that offered from a Loot Crate? :D

Doubt it. Unlike everyone else, I wouldn't trash everything based on one ridiculous controversy.
  • I'd probably complain about the short length myself, except I have very low expectations for SP campaign. If it's some force fed girl power message that ends with Iden joining the rebellion (gag), all I can say is, sooner its over the better.

On a positive note, hopefully it's not as described above :)
  • Sounds longer than the average Wolfenstein 2 game even counting the cutscenes.
  • Veteran huh here we get the second gold trophy... Challenge accepted!!!
  • Good:) 5-8 hours is enough in a multiplayer focused game:) 2 weeks:)
    The force is strong with this one!
  • SL78810 wrote: »
    Good:) 5-8 hours is enough in a multiplayer focused game:) 2 weeks:)

They never said Battlefront 2 is a multiplayer focused game.With the addition of a campaign, and arcade I'd say its anything but a multiplayer focused game
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • DarthJ
    6070 posts Member
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    SL78810 wrote: »

They never said Battlefront 2 is a multiplayer focused game.With the addition of a campaign, and arcade I'd say its anything but a multiplayer focused game

Are you serious? About 80% of this game will be multiplayer focussed
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • That's alright then.
    I was worried the campaign was going to be like 3 or 4 hours long.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    DarthJ wrote: »

Thats something its stuck to the community from the excessive brainwashing we received from the previous game, in an attempt to cover the rushed release without a campaign.

Having completed vehicles and maps chopped off from the single player aspect doesnt make it multiplayer focused.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • Aris1368 wrote: »

Thats something its stuck to the community from the excessive brainwashing we received from the previous game, in an attempt to cover the rushed release without a campaign.

Having completed vehicles and maps chopped off from the single player aspect doesnt make it multiplayer focused.

misc-jackie-chan-l.jpg

It is MP focused, dude. Stop

misc-jackie-chan-l.jpg

It is MP focused, dude. Stop

+1

i guess you never got the memo from the last game , its a MP focused game with a story driven campaign
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1

Have you been living under a rock or something? :)

Have you been living under a rock or something? :)

Lol
  • That's alright then.
    I was worried the campaign was going to be like 3 or 4 hours long.

Hope you weren't also worried about Wolfenstein being that long as well.