criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Motive Studios' Lead Game Dev Confirms Campaign is 5-7, Maybe 8 hrs!

David Robillard of Motive states, "It runs for about 5-7, maybe 8 hours, depending on your play style and your skill level, and difficulty you play on."

It will also included a "Veteran difficulty" mode.

Replies

  • Nice! The day off work will be spent wisely
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Nice! The day off work will be spent wisely

    I think this campaign is going to have A LOT of replay value! He also mentioned there will be more playable heroes as well!
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Nice! The day off work will be spent wisely

    I think this campaign is going to have A LOT of replay value! He also mentioned there will be more playable heroes as well!

    I can't wait boss
  • DUSTFINGER
    76 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I´ve actually seen people who are like, what 5-7 hours in a 60$ game? Not buying it, way too short!!

    Like seriously what do people expect.

    This is primarily a MP title so 5-7h is great, i would have been fine with the usual 4.

    This isn´t wolfenstein wich only has SP.

    Some people just feel entitled to get everything. Little ****^^
  • mastery0ta wrote: »

    I can't wait boss

    It's going to be good... very good!
  • DUSTFINGER wrote: »
    I´ve actually seen people who are like, what 5-7 hours in a 60$ game? Not buying it, way too short!!

    Like seriously what do people expect.

    This is primarily a MP title so 5-7h is great, i would have been fine with the usual 4.

    This isn´t wolfenstein wich only has SP.

    Some people just feel entitled to get everything. Little ****^^

    I can't wait to play the harder difficulties! For me that's a good 8 hour time frame there!
  • DUSTFINGER wrote: »
    I´ve actually seen people who are like, what 5-7 hours in a 60$ game? Not buying it, way too short!!

    Like seriously what do people expect.

    This is primarily a MP title so 5-7h is great, i would have been fine with the usual 4.

    This isn´t wolfenstein wich only has SP.

    Some people just feel entitled to get everything. Little ****^^
  • I wonder what kind of secrets / collectibles, if any, we will have. The campaign looks so legit
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I wonder what kind of secrets / collectibles, if any, we will have. The campaign looks so legit

    I think we can unlock Idens droids block at the end of the campaign. Sorry, I had to lol.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I wonder what kind of secrets / collectibles, if any, we will have. The campaign looks so legit

    Diorama
  • What a shame the lost legacy was longer and that wasn't even a full game
  • DUSTFINGER wrote: »
    I´ve actually seen people who are like, what 5-7 hours in a 60$ game? Not buying it, way too short!!

    Like seriously what do people expect.

    This is primarily a MP title so 5-7h is great, i would have been fine with the usual 4.

    This isn´t wolfenstein wich only has SP.

    Some people just feel entitled to get everything. Little ****^^

    Yeah, what do they expect? It ain't an open world game; it's a multiplayer major shooter game. They need to stop acting like crybabies, just because this game has a 5-hour campaign and loot crates doesn't mean it's bad! I am so sick of this ****!
  • I think that the campaign should be longer because they said that it would cover 30 years of star wars lore. I do not think that 5-7 hours is enough to explain 30 years. Although i am really into lore and even read the book in anticipation for the game. But i do think it could be a little longer.
  • That's lame.


    I wanted to see angry joe scream "4 HOURS" like a maniac.
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    Awesome, this is about as long as I expected it to be.
  • acc751 wrote: »
    That's lame.


    I wanted to see angry joe scream "4 HOURS" like a maniac.

    Hahaha! And drone on about dev time being used on a diorama mode!
  • sah227 wrote: »
    DUSTFINGER wrote: »
    I´ve actually seen people who are like, what 5-7 hours in a 60$ game? Not buying it, way too short!!

    Like seriously what do people expect.

    This is primarily a MP title so 5-7h is great, i would have been fine with the usual 4.

    This isn´t wolfenstein wich only has SP.

    Some people just feel entitled to get everything. Little ****^^

    Yeah, what do they expect? It ain't an open world game; it's a multiplayer major shooter game. They need to stop acting like crybabies, just because this game has a 5-hour campaign and loot crates doesn't mean it's bad! I am so sick of this ****!

    Agreed.
  • sah227
    125 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    acc751 wrote: »
    That's lame.


    I wanted to see angry joe scream "4 HOURS" like a maniac.

    Yeah, right. His "attitude" is a reason why I don't watch his videos. And they didn't say 4 hours, they said 5-7 hours, or 8.
  • 30 years in 5 hours........this I've got to see.
  • RIFRIG wrote: »
    30 years in 5 hours........this I've got to see.

    After the first few levels, I suspect a cinematic montage of events that are seen as a transition from ROTJ to Force Awakens timeframe–or a facial morph of Iden from younger to older.
  • I think that a 5+ hour Campaign is reasonable for a normal mp shooter, but I'm just trying to figure out how they're going to fit all that time in without it feeling like Asimov's Foundation LOL. It is a reasonable length, though. I'm hoping to play on medium difficulty for a 6-7 hour play through. I'm pumped for the game anyway!
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • I had not seen this video.....



    Playing on veteran could be the way to go,probably 8 plus hours.
  • I was to excited about the campaign but this whole Rebel defection talk just ruined all my expectations.
    Perhaps one day we'll get a full-fledged Imperial movie or game.
    "With the elimination of the traitorous Jedi . . . our presence let the galaxy know that the days of the Old Republic were well and truly over. We were establishing a new era, an era of Order and Peace."-Clone Trooper.

    "I have brought peace, freedom, justice and security to my new Empire."-Darth Vader.

    tumblr_oohhok4GYT1w5773no1_400.gif
  • TheEmpire wrote: »
    I was to excited about the campaign but this whole Rebel defection talk just ruined all my expectations.

    Was that offered from a Loot Crate? :D
  • TheEmpire wrote: »
    I was to excited about the campaign but this whole Rebel defection talk just ruined all my expectations.

    Was that offered from a Loot Crate? :D

    Doubt it. Unlike everyone else, I wouldn't trash everything based on one ridiculous controversy.
  • I'd probably complain about the short length myself, except I have very low expectations for SP campaign. If it's some force fed girl power message that ends with Iden joining the rebellion (gag), all I can say is, sooner its over the better.

    On a positive note, hopefully it's not as described above :)
  • Sounds longer than the average Wolfenstein 2 game even counting the cutscenes.
  • Veteran huh here we get the second gold trophy... Challenge accepted!!!
  • Good:) 5-8 hours is enough in a multiplayer focused game:) 2 weeks:)
    The force is strong with this one!
  • SL78810 wrote: »
    Good:) 5-8 hours is enough in a multiplayer focused game:) 2 weeks:)

    They never said Battlefront 2 is a multiplayer focused game.With the addition of a campaign, and arcade I'd say its anything but a multiplayer focused game
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • DarthJ
    6070 posts Member
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    SL78810 wrote: »
    Good:) 5-8 hours is enough in a multiplayer focused game:) 2 weeks:)

    They never said Battlefront 2 is a multiplayer focused game.With the addition of a campaign, and arcade I'd say its anything but a multiplayer focused game

    Are you serious? About 80% of this game will be multiplayer focussed
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • That's alright then.
    I was worried the campaign was going to be like 3 or 4 hours long.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    SL78810 wrote: »
    Good:) 5-8 hours is enough in a multiplayer focused game:) 2 weeks:)

    They never said Battlefront 2 is a multiplayer focused game.With the addition of a campaign, and arcade I'd say its anything but a multiplayer focused game

    Are you serious? About 80% of this game will be multiplayer focussed

    Thats something its stuck to the community from the excessive brainwashing we received from the previous game, in an attempt to cover the rushed release without a campaign.

    Having completed vehicles and maps chopped off from the single player aspect doesnt make it multiplayer focused.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    SL78810 wrote: »
    Good:) 5-8 hours is enough in a multiplayer focused game:) 2 weeks:)

    They never said Battlefront 2 is a multiplayer focused game.With the addition of a campaign, and arcade I'd say its anything but a multiplayer focused game

    Are you serious? About 80% of this game will be multiplayer focussed

    Thats something its stuck to the community from the excessive brainwashing we received from the previous game, in an attempt to cover the rushed release without a campaign.

    Having completed vehicles and maps chopped off from the single player aspect doesnt make it multiplayer focused.

    misc-jackie-chan-l.jpg

    It is MP focused, dude. Stop
  • DUSTFINGER wrote: »
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    SL78810 wrote: »
    Good:) 5-8 hours is enough in a multiplayer focused game:) 2 weeks:)

    They never said Battlefront 2 is a multiplayer focused game.With the addition of a campaign, and arcade I'd say its anything but a multiplayer focused game

    Are you serious? About 80% of this game will be multiplayer focussed

    Thats something its stuck to the community from the excessive brainwashing we received from the previous game, in an attempt to cover the rushed release without a campaign.

    Having completed vehicles and maps chopped off from the single player aspect doesnt make it multiplayer focused.

    misc-jackie-chan-l.jpg

    It is MP focused, dude. Stop

    +1
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    SL78810 wrote: »
    Good:) 5-8 hours is enough in a multiplayer focused game:) 2 weeks:)

    They never said Battlefront 2 is a multiplayer focused game.With the addition of a campaign, and arcade I'd say its anything but a multiplayer focused game

    i guess you never got the memo from the last game , its a MP focused game with a story driven campaign
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    SL78810 wrote: »
    Good:) 5-8 hours is enough in a multiplayer focused game:) 2 weeks:)

    They never said Battlefront 2 is a multiplayer focused game.With the addition of a campaign, and arcade I'd say its anything but a multiplayer focused game

    Have you been living under a rock or something? :)
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    SL78810 wrote: »
    Good:) 5-8 hours is enough in a multiplayer focused game:) 2 weeks:)

    They never said Battlefront 2 is a multiplayer focused game.With the addition of a campaign, and arcade I'd say its anything but a multiplayer focused game

    Have you been living under a rock or something? :)

    Lol
  • That's alright then.
    I was worried the campaign was going to be like 3 or 4 hours long.

    Hope you weren't also worried about Wolfenstein being that long as well.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!