criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Emperor’s Dark Aura looks like a sandstorm

Does it not? Lol. He looks good nevertheless. And this video has increased the hype for seeing Yoda in-game!

Replies

• Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Yes it looks interesting, but I think he looks better than. The last game! Can't wait!
  • FriedPizza773
    1141 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Just like Anakin Skywalker, I also don't like sand. I personally prefer snow over sand. :/

I guess the Emperor has traveled to a different universe, more specifically to a world of Pokémon. There, he must have learned the move Sandstorm through a TM37, and mixing it with his own power. Then he traveled back to his own Star Wars Universe and will use it in BF2.

Also, the way the Emperor raises his hands at the start of the video........... :#
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
  • Also, the way the Emperor rises his hands at the start of the video........... :#

Yeah, that was a little weird...

But over all, I LOVE IT! Dark Aura is kind of a bland ability. I love the concept, but it just feels so, well, basic. Chain Lightning was 110% going to make a return, but I feel that it looks so, well, lack luster. However, that's just me. Actually, I'd think it would be cool if Palpatine could throw enemies away with the sheer power of his Chain Lightning, which could then do minimal shock damage to enemies. Actually, Chain Lightning and Electrocute could have been the same ability.

I'm getting off topic. Anyway, Dark Aura probably should've looked just like a shadowy aura, enveloping the Emperor and the area around him. this is, well...
    the move Sandstorm by a TM37, and mixing it with his own power. Then he traveled back to his own Star Wars Universe and will use it in BF2.

We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Also, the way the Emperor rises his hands at the start of the video........... :#

But over all, I LOVE IT! Dark Aura is kind of a bland ability. I love the concept, but it just feels so, well, basic. Chain Lightning was 110% going to make a return, but I feel that it looks so, well, lack luster. However, that's just me. Actually, I'd think it would be cool if Palpatine could throw enemies away with the sheer power of his Chain Lightning, which could then do minimal shock damage to enemies. Actually, Chain Lightning and Electrocute could have been the same ability.

I'm getting off topic. Anyway, Dark Aura probably should've looked just like a shadowy aura, enveloping the Emperor and the area around him. this is, well...
    the move Sandstorm by a TM37, and mixing it with his own power. Then he traveled back to his own Star Wars Universe and will use it in BF2.

you have to remember a lot of heroes abilities may not seem very good for killing. But they have to make abilities that will be useful for HvV. Dark aura is definitely one of these
  • NickygUrl wrote: »
    Also, the way the Emperor rises his hands at the start of the video........... :#

you have to remember a lot of heroes abilities may not seem very good for killing. But they have to make abilities that will be useful for HvV. Dark aura is definitely one of these

Still, that visual effect... ew lol. Not something they need to change or should change, but, just, ew.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Actually, looking at it, I think it's just the Theed Palace's polished floors that give it the appearance of a sand-storm.

• No dash!! I assume it’s for balance but I really like his “I am the senate” dash from the last game.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    No dash!! I assume it’s for balance but I really like his “I am the senate” dash from the last game.

It's in the game, just as the role and not an ability.
  • His intro animation with his hands is s-tupid.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    His intro animation with his hands is s-tupid.

Lol yea but it was “menacing”
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • The visual effect looks horrible. But the ability actually sounds pretty good, might be a bit to powerful.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Does this mean Vader takes damage when he’s inside the “Dark Aura?” LOL :D
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    No dash!! I assume it’s for balance but I really like his “I am the senate” dash from the last game.

His Senate Shuffle was converted into the Force Dash ability. Either use the D-Pad or click the block ability and move in a direction. Similar to Maul
  • I honestly don't mind it.

Looks good to me. I'm hyped for the game. BF2 is looking infinitely better than BF1 in every way possible.

The organ music, (in the very beginning of video), on the other hand... I always cringe when I hear it.

Cheers,

You're right, honestly. You saved me the hassle of pointing out all of these things lol, I honestly think the Emperor was a lot more menacing back in SWBF15. I'm not a fan of how decrepit he looks, all hunched over and what not, he waddles when he walks/moves too.. Definitely not a fan of that. Pre-scar Palpatine is a must along with a normal non hunch stance.

As for his skills there's honestly nothing outstanding, he has a electrocution ability that doesn't look that different from his normal base lighting attack in terms of visuals, apart from the lightning breaking off into their own little path running across the floor. The effects of chain lightning has been dissected and turned into another ability which is called electrocute. As for Dark aura.. That looks like a sewage & crud vapour storm. Let me stop though :joy:
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Not just any sandstorm..... Darude Sandstorm...

I bet Anakin will hate that
  • Dark Aura.

Looks like sand.

Confirmed sand is the source of all evil in the galaxy.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Reminds me of when he bodied the Deathwatch guards
  • DEEP HURTING... DEEP HURTING...
    The MST3K references are not lost on me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=36&v=13vBQfal87k
    Watch up to 0:26, please, for your own safety.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Apidooom wrote: »
    Reminds me of when he bodied the Deathwatch guards

Lol, I remember that.