criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So does Leia not have an ADS?

Her abilities are her E-11, a concussion grenade, and her squad shield. That means that her "explosive shot" she has periodically from her main pistol has to be a secondary fire ability. Consequently, Leia wouldn't have an ADS because she's bound to have a typical melee. That's three heroes so far that potentially wont have an ADS, that being Boba Fett, Iden, and now Leia. Why are they stripping away the ability to ADS with a hero's blaster?

Replies

• Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Beats me, I know why Iden Versio can't use ADS due to the secondary fire on her TL-50 Heavy Repeater (provided it still works how it used to). The button layout/configuration for the abilities isn't looking good or fluid due to the fact it's having a major impact and stopping players from using ADS on certain characters.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Alex64
    5622 posts Member
    Some cards replace abilities so there will be new abilities on heroes.
  • They may let you ADS with her E-11, assuming it's not on a timer.

• Alex64 wrote: »

I dont think that's true. I'm pretty sure Dennis said during a livestream of the Pre-Alpha that Star Cards will only buff existing abilities for heroes, they wouldn't change the ability altogether.
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    They may let you ADS with her E-11, assuming it's not on a timer.

I have a bad feeling that it'll be timed because it's an enhanced version of the E-11 so it's probably potent.
    Shinjuku wrote: »
    Beats me, I know why Iden Versio can't use ADS due to the secondary fire on her TL-50 Heavy Repeater (provided it still works how it used to). The button layout/configuration for the abilities isn't looking good or fluid due to the fact it's having a major impact and stopping players from using ADS on certain characters.

Am I the only one who kind of preferred the third ability be on Y/Triangle instead of L1+R1/LB+RB? It isnt that big of an issue but still.
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »

I dont think that's true. I'm pretty sure Dennis said during a livestream of the Pre-Alpha that Star Cards will only buff existing abilities for heroes, they wouldn't change the ability altogether.

I have a bad feeling that it'll be timed because it's an enhanced version of the E-11 so it's probably potent.

Am I the only one who kind of preferred the third ability be on Y/Triangle instead of L1+R1/LB+RB? It isnt that big of an issue but still.

Jyn's automatic gun mode for the A180 was pretty potent, but not on a timer. It burned through enemies incredibly fast. It just overheated quickly.

I prefer the new button layout. Your fingers are already over the buttons so you can press it quickly. It always took me half a second longer to hit the triangle button, plus you had to hold it down which made pressing it seem way too long compared to the instant tapping on L1+R1.

• Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Landeaux wrote: »

NOPE! You're not, I think most feel the same way as you do & sides with you on this one myself included, I much prefer using the triangle button for one of the abilities too.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • TMachine97 wrote: »

Jyn's automatic gun mode for the A180 was pretty potent, but not on a timer. It burned through enemies incredibly fast. It just overheated quickly.

I prefer the new button layout. Your fingers are already over the buttons so you can press it quickly. It always took me half a second longer to hit the triangle button, plus you had to hold it down which made pressing it seem way too long compared to the instant tapping on L1+R1.

True. I much preferred Jyn's auto weapon over that pistol so I almost exclusively used the auto configuration first. I guess we'll see at launch. And yeah, you got a point about L1+R1.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited October 2017

NOPE! You're not, I think most feel the same way as you do & sides with you on this one myself included, I much prefer using the triangle button for one of the abilities too.

I wish they would actually put Y/Triangle to use instead of it being a "dead" button for a hero now. Like giving ADS back to some heroes and allowing saber users to take the lightsaber off to be more tactical lol.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    What they mean is zoomed aiming. Boba can't zoom while aiming either. Devs need to fix this mess
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    What they mean is zoomed aiming. Boba can't zoom while aiming either. Devs need to fix this mess

Boba can't zoom in this one anymore? That's unfortunate.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Ezio wrote: »

Boba can't zoom in this one anymore? That's unfortunate.

Nope. They applied his flamethrower to the melee button. He doesn't have a button to zoom in anymore.
  • Landeaux wrote: »

I wish they would actually put Y/Triangle to use instead of it being a "dead" button for a hero now. Like giving ADS back to some heroes and allowing saber users to take the lightsaber off to be more tactical lol.

Yes. Iden, boba and leia's lt ability should be set to y/triangle so they can ads and saber heroes should use that button to toggle their lightsaber.
  • Leia has AIDS
  • GeneralHux wrote: »
    Leia has AIDS

Great. **** off.
  • Add Bossk’s ADS/zoom to looking as if it’s a secondary fire mechanic...
  • It’s looking like hip fire has no penalty again :(

So aiming down the sights doesn’t have much benefits making it unnecessary to have on all weapons in the game.