criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Should Yoda Get A Block

Prev134
Would Yoda be OP with a block?

Replies

• ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    No no he should not
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • If they don't give him one for balance like Darth Maul then fine.

They probably won't.
  • I think yoda will be the "cheat" hero of the game and im down with that.
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • bfloo
    15715 posts Member
    Hmmmm, no block so I can zap him as Palpy over and over and over.

Sounds good :)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @Kwamster9000 Yoda can block right? Hmm I'm not too fussed, I think he should be able to block. He can also heal himself which is interesting, his short stature is also going to be a nightmare for some. I think to balance this out the developers made him very squishy like Boba Fett. So if he slips up he gets punished hard by getting killed or taking on substantial damage putting him out of commission.
    Post edited by Shinjuku on
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Yea he’s not that fast in terms of horizontal movement. It’s mainly vertical.
  • I feel like Luke won’t be able to block, because he seems very mobile like Darth Maul. Yoda will most likely be able to block.
  • ALL lightsaber heroes should block.
    'Balance' is no excuse. Yoda can be balanced by having less health.
  • Ceceli wrote: »
    I don't know where you guys get these ideas. Wanting to overnerf a heroe to the point where he has the same status as a elite trooper.

These are jedis and siths, people. Wake up. The force is with them. So, yeah, they can block, as they should!

• I feel like Luke won’t be able to block, because he seems very mobile like Darth Maul. Yoda will most likely be able to block.

Luke will get a block imo. Yoda probably not.
    I don't know where you guys get these ideas. Wanting to overnerf a heroe to the point where he has the same status as a elite trooper.

These are jedis and siths, people. Wake up. The force is with them. So, yeah, they can block, as they should!

All Jedi and Sith know how to block. It's a very low tier skill for them to learn.
  • bfloo
    15715 posts Member
    Where has it even been hinted that Yoda isn't getting a block?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Just take away the lightsaber and give him the cane. It will be return of the jedi yoda. He can only move by riding on someone's back. Whispering words that make no sense increasing the troopers stats.

No, dont nerf a hero that hasnt even come out yet. Blocking is for is immobile users. Yoda is the light side of maul. If you notice, lightside and darkside heroes have similar abilities. Maul/yoda will be the mobile saber users requiring skill in dodging and flanking because they lack health but compensate with strength. while Rey and kylo are less maneuverable and implement the block ability because they are not as tanky. Luke and vader are more of a juggernaut class. Brute force and lots of health with little mobility.

When I played maul it took 2-3 saber attacks to take down troopers. The video from vader on the other hand does it in one. There is more to a hero than block ability and health pool. You gotta look at every stat.
  • They’ve already came out and said Maul is the only one that they’ve worked on that can’t block
  • Itd be said if he can't block because of the animation only.
  • he could possibly block with the force and absorb blaster fire for a bit
  • Have to see how his abilities work first
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    he could possibly block with the force and absorb blaster fire for a bit

That sounds good.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Giving a cannon hero a cannon ability is OP, confirmed.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Ceceli wrote: »
    Itd be said if he can't block because of the animation only.

That's speculation, right? Because if devs actually said that, it's plain laziness imo.

It could be.

That's speculation, right? Because if devs actually said that, it's plain laziness imo.

It could be. He has a double lightsaber and blocking would require him to shift his posture and lift the bottom or top blade upwards and lean forward. Then sort of jab at the bolts like with a pike. Man it would not be ab easy animation. ..

It's way easier to block with a staff than a sword because you have more real estate to use. Unless their mocap team are complete novices, Dice was just lazy and didn't want to do more work.
  • Blocking with Maul would consist of walking while holding and periodically twisting the lightsaber like paddling a canoe from side to side lol.
  • He’ll get a block

Hopefully it is just speculation, I think all saber heroes should be able to block too.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

No. Lighsaber heroes should be balanced around how their characters work in universe.
  • Yes Yes Yes Yes every Jedi/Sith should get a block. Of course they can vary in length or effectiveness to keep them from being OP, but a Jedi/Sith without the ability to block is.... ummm..... a random dude with a lightsaber...
  • Yeah, Yoda should have a block. I think all of the Lightsaber wielding heroes should be able to block, including Maul. After all, that is how they didn't get shot in the movies. One of the main uses of a lightsaber.
  • Yes he should
  • GeneralHux wrote: »
    Yes Yes Yes Yes every Jedi/Sith should get a block. Of course they can vary in length or effectiveness to keep them from being OP, but a Jedi/Sith without the ability to block is.... ummm..... a random dude with a lightsaber...
    Yeah, Yoda should have a block. I think all of the Lightsaber wielding heroes should be able to block, including Maul. After all, that is how they didn't get shot in the movies. One of the main uses of a lightsaber.

• ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    I can't imagine how hard he is going to be to shoot
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    I can't imagine how hard he is going to be to shoot

Well, they're probably going to give him, like, 400hp. So if he screws up, he gonzo.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames

I’ve been calling them lazy for a while now

All Jedi and Sith know how to block. It's a very low tier skill for them to learn.

I’ve been saying this for a while too
    ALL lightsaber heroes should block.
    'Balance' is no excuse. Yoda can be balanced by having less health.

This
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Giving a cannon hero a cannon ability is OP, confirmed.

This is ironically hilarious
    NightFury wrote: »

It could be. He has a double lightsaber and blocking would require him to shift his posture and lift the bottom or top blade upwards and lean forward. Then sort of jab at the bolts like with a pike. Man it would not be ab easy animation. ..

It's way easier to block with a staff than a sword because you have more real estate to use. Unless their mocap team are complete novices, Dice was just lazy and didn't want to do more work.

I’ve been saying this constantly for months

And Darth Maul could always sheath one of his blades and block with one blade if blocking with two blades is too hard for for Dice to animate

No. Lighsaber heroes should be balanced around how their characters work in universe.
    GeneralHux wrote: »
    Yes Yes Yes Yes every Jedi/Sith should get a block. Of course they can vary in length or effectiveness to keep them from being OP, but a Jedi/Sith without the ability to block is.... ummm..... a random dude with a lightsaber...
    Yeah, Yoda should have a block. I think all of the Lightsaber wielding heroes should be able to block, including Maul. After all, that is how they didn't get shot in the movies. One of the main uses of a lightsaber.

These
  • There's that "L" word again. Are they "lazy" because they didn't try to put a block on Darth Maul (which is a fallacious statement because they already said they tried and thought he was overtuned with it) or because they didn't agree with your opinion that he needs a block? Don't stereotype and call someone or a group of people lazy if you don't know about half of the work that their job entails. It may be in y'all best interest to get used to Darth Maul as he currently is if y'all want to do well with him. All I know is that I had a blast with him. There was never a time where I thought to myself, "wow, if I had a block then I would've survived there." Learn to play within the means that you are given.
    Landeaux wrote: »
    There's that "L" word again. Are they "lazy" because they didn't try to put a block on Darth Maul (which is a fallacious statement because they already said they tried and thought he was overtuned with it) or because they didn't agree with your opinion that he needs a block? Don't stereotype and call someone or a group of people lazy if you don't know about half of the work that their job entails. It may be in y'all best interest to get used to Darth Maul as he currently is if y'all want to do well with him. All I know is that I had a blast with him. There was never a time where I thought to myself, "wow, if I had a block then I would've survived there." Learn to play within the means that you are given.

Oh, such a good boy. Who's a good boy? Yeah... You. Yes. You are a good boy. Good boy!!

18200558_bill-skarsgards-maniacal-pennywise_teb437ba5.gif
    This is Bill Skarsgard. He plays Pennywise the Clown in IT. Like Skarsgard, you're a clown.
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    There's that "L" word again. Are they "lazy" because they didn't try to put a block on Darth Maul (which is a fallacious statement because they already said they tried and thought he was overtuned with it) or because they didn't agree with your opinion that he needs a block? Don't stereotype and call someone or a group of people lazy if you don't know about half of the work that their job entails. It may be in y'all best interest to get used to Darth Maul as he currently is if y'all want to do well with him. All I know is that I had a blast with him. There was never a time where I thought to myself, "wow, if I had a block then I would've survived there." Learn to play within the means that you are given.

Oh, such a good boy. Who's a good boy? Yeah... You. Yes. You are a good boy. Good boy!!

18200558_bill-skarsgards-maniacal-pennywise_teb437ba5.gif
    This is Bill Skarsgard. He plays Pennywise the Clown in IT. Like Skarsgard, you're a clown.

lmfaooo

+66
  • He can use the force to absorb incoming damage & turn it into a massive force push.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Well, at work, our robotics department creates machines with animalistic movements in mind and on numerous occasions use mocap. It's not easy but it's not entirely difficult to do. It's about as hard as doing derivatives on dirac equations. It may look hard but it's not and is slightly time consuming. So first off, translating mocap into coding isn't all as hard as Dice or many mods on here hype it up to be.

And the majority of the player on this community don't care about whether it's a buff or nerf. We just want basic lightsaber techniques in before balance, because after all, this is Star Wars, and we block with lightsabers.
  • The thing is... Yoda is tiny and hard to hit anyways. So I don't know. Maybe not because of his size?
  • NightFury wrote: »

Well, at work, our robotics department creates machines with animalistic movements in mind and on numerous occasions use mocap. It's not easy but it's not entirely difficult to do. It's about as hard as doing derivatives on dirac equations. It may look hard but it's not and is slightly time consuming. So first off, translating mocap into coding isn't all as hard as Dice or many mods on here hype it up to be.

And the majority of the player on this community don't care about whether it's a buff or nerf. We just want basic lightsaber techniques in before balance, because after all, this is Star Wars, and we block with lightsabers.

I’m fine with someone wanting him to be able to block. I don’t think he necessarily needs one at his current state but I completely understand the want to have true lightsaber mechanics, especially when fighting another saber user. I don’t, however, see it fit to call them “lazy” because that would insinuate that they haven’t even tried the mechanic; that’s simply not true. They have tried the mechanic. They know how to make his character model block. They just don’t see it fit for him to be able to since he’s so “offensive.” That’s not being lazy. That’s their decision-making.
  • The thing is... Yoda is tiny and hard to hit anyways. So I don't know. Maybe not because of his size?

Did Yoda say something along the lines of 'size matters not'?
  • What if it were just like a block that runs out in 2 seconds/takes only 4 seconds to recharge? That way you have to use it strategically, but you aren't just some dope with a laser sword
  • GeneralHux wrote: »
    What if it were just like a block that runs out in 2 seconds/takes only 4 seconds to recharge? That way you have to use it strategically, but you aren't just some dope with a laser sword

Blocks don’t run on timers anymore though.