criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Should Yoda Get A Block

Replies

• Landeaux wrote: »
    GeneralHux wrote: »
    What if it were just like a block that runs out in 2 seconds/takes only 4 seconds to recharge? That way you have to use it strategically, but you aren't just some dope with a laser sword

Blocks don’t run on timers anymore though.

Didn't they say the timer was just broken during the beta? It runs on a timer.
  • NightFury wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »
    What if it were just like a block that runs out in 2 seconds/takes only 4 seconds to recharge? That way you have to use it strategically, but you aren't just some dope with a laser sword

No. It’s all based on stamina now. You can hold your block as long as you have stamina.
  • DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    He can use the force to absorb incoming damage & turn it into a massive force push.

I like this idea!
  • This debate never fails to escalate.
  • All Jedi and Sith should be able to block, it shouldn't be an ability or anything special it should just be a common non debatable part of all of the Jedi and Sith heroes. The counter to this is if you have seen any of the movies or know anything about the Star Wars Universe then you know they can be overpowered by suppressive blaster fire, vehicle fire, or explosives. These heroes should be high risk high reward based on the Universe, if you know how to use the Jedi or Sith then you can do good, but if you mess up or don't know how to properly use the hero and get shot multiple times then that's the end.
    NightFury wrote: »

No. It’s all based on stamina now. You can hold your block as long as you have stamina.

Does stamina deplete with sprinting? If not then stamina is just another timer.

Nope. Just for slashing with your saber and actually blocking something (bolts or a saber attack). So in theory you can hold the block down as long as you want if no one completely depleted your stamina.
  • I hope he shreds through infantry like he would in the movies. A flying ping pong ball from hell, that is wise.

Nope. Just for slashing with your saber and actually blocking something (bolts or a saber attack). So in theory you can hold the block down as long as you want if no one completely depleted your stamina.

So stamina doesn't decrease while holding down block? That doesn't seem right. It looked like it did.
  • HeavyTeemu
    538 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    This debate never fails to escalate.
    Indeed. Popcorns are on me!
    popcorn.png
  • HeavyTeemu
    538 posts Member
    edited October 2017

So stamina doesn't decrease while holding down block? That doesn't seem right. It looked like it did.

It does not. 0:36.
  • HeavyTeemu wrote: »

But they said, it wasn't working right in the beta.
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »

Linky link please? :3
    There's that "L" word again. Are they "lazy" because they didn't try to put a block on Darth Maul (which is a fallacious statement because they already said they tried and thought he was overtuned with it) or because they didn't agree with your opinion that he needs a block? Don't stereotype and call someone or a group of people lazy if you don't know about half of the work that their job entails. It may be in y'all best interest to get used to Darth Maul as he currently is if y'all want to do well with him. All I know is that I had a blast with him. There was never a time where I thought to myself, "wow, if I had a block then I would've survived there." Learn to play within the means that you are given.

It is not about wanting inmprobed gameplay, it is wanting better representation.
  • TyranicRex wrote: »
    All Jedi and Sith should be able to block, it shouldn't be an ability or anything special it should just be a common non debatable part of all of the Jedi and Sith heroes. The counter to this is if you have seen any of the movies or know anything about the Star Wars Universe then you know they can be overpowered by suppressive blaster fire, vehicle fire, or explosives. These heroes should be high risk high reward based on the Universe, if you know how to use the Jedi or Sith then you can do good, but if you mess up or don't know how to properly use the hero and get shot multiple times then that's the end.

• Ladies and Gentlemen, can we just please refrain from turning this thread into a "Maul should/shouldn't block" Thread, and rather focus on the topic of Yoda blocking? Thank you.

Anyway, they said that Maul would be the only saber hero who couldn't block. From this statement, one could infer that any other saber hero has the ability to use a block. Therefore, Yoda most likely has a block. Since he has a very small stature, rapid movement and supposedly has Tutaminis as an ability (where he absorbs energy and then pushes it all out in a massive Force Push), then he'll probably have a weaker block to compensate. However, he may also have lower health, so that is another factor that can tie in to the effectiveness of his block.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames

• 5:39 shows why all lightsaber users should be able to block. Can't have lightsaber duels without it.
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »

“It wasn’t working right” as in when the stamina bar was depleted it would still let you block or attack when it shouldn’t have let you
  • ROMG4
    2867 posts Member

5:39 shows why all lightsaber users should be able to block. Can't have lightsaber duels without it.

That was cool!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
    There's that "L" word again. Are they "lazy" because they didn't try to put a block on Darth Maul (which is a fallacious statement because they already said they tried and thought he was overtuned with it) or because they didn't agree with your opinion that he needs a block? Don't stereotype and call someone or a group of people lazy if you don't know about half of the work that their job entails. It may be in y'all best interest to get used to Darth Maul as he currently is if y'all want to do well with him. All I know is that I had a blast with him. There was never a time where I thought to myself, "wow, if I had a block then I would've survived there." Learn to play within the means that you are given.

It is not about wanting inmprobed gameplay, it is wanting better representation.

You don’t want improved gameplay?

Like I said though, I’m fine with someone wanting every saber user to have the ability to block. It’s just foolish to claim that the devs are “lazy” since Darth Maul doesn’t have one because they created one for him but didn’t see it fit his playstyle
  • bfloo
    15663 posts Member

Like I said though, I’m fine with someone wanting every saber user to have the ability to block. It’s just foolish to claim that the devs are “lazy” since Darth Maul doesn’t have one because they created one for him but didn’t see it fit his playstyle

Hmmmm, bad dev's not prioritizing heroes in an infantry game. ;)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Hmmmm, bad dev's not prioritizing heroes in an infantry game. ;)

Of course I want improved gameplay. But my main reasons for wanting a block for everyone is becos it is a basic in universal ability and would improve lightsaber duels.

I've not said anything about laziness as I'm not in a position to.
  • He should be able to block, he is a lightsaber master.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • im pretty sure not blocking is only exclusive to maul
  • Cosmowove wrote: »
    He should be able to block, he is a lightsaber master.

• Yes, every jedi/sith should have a block.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • Yes, every jedi/sith should have a block.

• Unless, they have a dual bladed saber.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    A block to stand and look taller?
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    Yoda, he's a master, there's no need to add a block.
    The same with Palpy, he doesn't need a light saber to fight.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Yoda does jump around a lot. So yeah, he doesn’t need to block, he flies around. Palpatine hasn’t even got a saber animation, we wouldn’t even know how to animate that.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • I don’t know, somone should read the comics, check what he can do.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • Alex64 wrote: »

This makes no sense.

This makes no sense.

lololol ikr
  • Wait, also, there is a palpatine saber fight, I didn’t remember it.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

This makes no sense.

It makes sense, he use the force to counter attack.
    I see Yoda just like Maul(faster, deadly)
  • He’s like a yoyo. He can float.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • Cosmowove wrote: »
    Yoda does jump around a lot. So yeah, he doesn’t need to block, he flies around. Palpatine hasn’t even got a saber animation, we wouldn’t even know how to animate that.

Palpatine uses Tutaminis. Same from last game.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames

This makes no sense.

It makes sense, he use the force to counter attack.
    I see Yoda just like Maul(faster, deadly)

Maul don't counter attack.

Anyway, they said that Maul was the only hero who didn't have a block that they worked on. Yoda was the first hero developed. Therefore, he has a saber block.

• Tutaminis? That’s kewl.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited October 2017

This makes no sense.
    LOL
    nnsns.gif
  • Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    @Ceceli first rule, you don't name people here.

I prove this thread it's nonsense, it's called reverse psychology.
  • Ceceli wrote: »

You prove me right every time you type.

At this point, I think he may be just a forum troll.

• Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    Ceceli wrote: »

I'm proving my point, it's nonsense to talk about something that we don't know yet.
    "Ah! That person tell things that I don't approve, it's maybe a troll!"
  • Ceceli wrote: »

I amuse myself in this kind of stuff, it is true. But I'm far from a troll. I mean... Take a look a that sentence. It makes no sense at all thus being boring. He can't establish no conection between argument A and B showing no conclusion to what he's saying. It's just jumbled words. Not to mention the term "reverse psychology" that carries no weight. This means nothing.

Unless I misunderstood you and you were talking about him as the troll. Then I agree with you. He is a troll.

The latter. I'm saying @Alex64 is maybe a troll. You're good :wink:

I'm proving my point, it's nonsense to talk about something that we don't know yet.
    "Ah! That person tell things that I don't approve, it's maybe a troll!"

Umm...what? You have quite a history of just posting things that contribute nothing to the conversation. Also, you can just say
    it's nonsense to talk about something that we don't know yet
    instead.

• Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    It's just another "Maul must block" kind of threat, it's pointless, you must understand.
    I'll explain why it's pointless;
    -People in Maul must block thread "Maul is a lightsaber user , he must deflect laser bolts, just like in the movies"
    -So I say in this Yoda topic; "Yoda is a force user he must deflect things using his force powers, just like in the movies"
    And what was your answer ? "This makes no sense"

So I prove this thread makes no sense just like Maul topic.