criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Should Yoda Get A Block

Replies

• Alex64 wrote: »
    It's just another "Maul must block" kind of threat, it's pointless, you must understand.
    I'll explain why it's pointless;
    -People in Maul must block thread "Maul is a lightsaber user , he must deflect laser bolts, just like in the movies"
    -So I say in this Yoda topic; "Yoda is a force user he must deflect things using his force powers, just like in the movies"
    And what was your answer ? "This makes no sense"

So I prove this thread makes no sense just like Maul topic.

See, this is much better.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Nope, I don't think he should.
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Nope, I don't think he should.

lol I can already hear people smashing their keyboards as they frantically type a novel in repudiation of your comment
  • Maul is fine w/o a block so I'm ok if Yoda has it or not, they'd still make it fun.
  • Ceceli wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »
    Nope, I don't think he should.

lol I can already hear people smashing their keyboards as they frantically type a novel in repudiation of your comment

Except that that wasn't a comment, or a argument either. He just said what he wants. We can't discuss what he likes. That's his business... lol

You realize a comment, by definition, is an opinion, right?
  • NightFury
    1129 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Ceceli wrote: »

Except that that wasn't a comment, or a argument either. He just said what he wants. We can't discuss what he likes. That's his business... lol

What about comments that state facts? I think your dictionary is broken.

Example, I'm am commenting on your comment.
  • He can use the force to absorb blaster fire into his hand & divert all incoming damage into a powerful force push, demolishing his opponents.
    There we go, that's his block.

Dennis said every other force user can block except Maul, so no need to worry about Yoda. However I do not think he will be able to deflect laser bolts with his light saber, which may be disappointing.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    NightFury wrote: »

What about comments that state facts? I think your dictionary is broken.

Example, I'm am commenting on your comment.

Comment- a verbal or written remark expressing an opinion or reaction.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/comment

I never indicated that a comment was bound to only being an opinion. I simply corrected him when he said that wasn’t a comment.
    giphy.gif
  • ^Lmao
  • A comment is an opinion. Is the word does not eat definitions. A comment, is spoken. An opinion can be surmised even if you just drive a car, and have a jelly sticker. That’s for sure. But your comment was just an opinion.

Pool shark really doesn’t think he should.

Lol
    LaurenMayFawn
  • No one was discussing opinions, you made an opinion with an opinion. And there was a meme.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • oh-boy-here-we-go.jpeg?w=593

This is gonna get good.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited October 2017

Oh, boy... You make it very hard for me to not insult you. That's why you make everything in this forum looks worse than it needs to be. You confuse the most basic stuff...

A comment is an opinion which is given by an individual who expresses his view of things judging it eighter good or bad according to his or her own subjectivity. This type of manifestation depending on how the person does it can be open to be discussed once it enters the realm of how the person may view the reality of things instead of how they feel about it, unless they start disapproving or approving based on X or Y. Perceptions can be changed through arguments or passionate speeches, although how a person feels about something can't. That's his or her business. Nobody can tell another human being how to feel.

A argument, according to Longman dictionary, is "a set of reasons that show that something is true or untrue, right or wrong". This is also something he didn't do. There was no X or Y to be judged.

So, he didn't express an opinion nor a comment. He just stated what he wanted based on what he likes. For instance if I say "I like men/women", is that a comment? Is that a argument? Can that be right or wrong and open to discussing being your job to say how I should feel and what I should like? No. This was an statement made by a person who is free to have their own mind and live his or her life they way he or she finds it to be ok.

Shark just said what he wants based on what he likes. There was no further implication. It cannot be judged. Period.

Another example is if I were to say that I don't like your face. Are you gonna try to convince me otherwise? Tell me that I'm wrong and how I should feel about your face? lol

You’re actually a clown. You just talked in ridiculous riddles to make yourself sound sophisticated. Don’t divert from the fact that you tried to say that what he said wasn’t a comment. Every sentence is a comment. When someone says that they do or don’t think (something you obviously don’t do) x should happen, then they’re stating their opinion. You’re the one who brought up the word “argument.” Arguments are made all the time. They don’t have to be confrontational to be arguments. Saying someone should or shouldn’t be able to do something, and giving reasons thereafter, is making an argument. You honestly have no clue what you’re talking about. Anything you post on here is open for discussion, hence why you’re posting it in the first place. Nor did he ever talk about “what he likes.” Do you make this garbage up as you go? “Surely you can do better.”This is why you’re a clown.
  • Alex64
    7673 posts Member
    What's going on here?
    Why so serious?
    What's going on here?

A circus
  • No he's saying, he doesn't think it. You can't say he thinks it, that's not, unless clockwork orange.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • That's his opinion that he doesn't think it.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • I think totally, he does, think it. What's the, synapse doing now?
    LaurenMayFawn
  • I think we should probably leave one person's ability to think alone.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • Alex64
    7673 posts Member
    We can't just stand here as uninvolved observers!
    Why so serious?
  • giphy.gif
    Seriously guys, we haft to argue about what is and isn’t a comment?
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Back on topic. I think all light saber users should be able to block. Possible exception could be is if they are extremely agile and fast. But even then I would still prefer for them to have a block. The reason why most lightsaber users should block is because their range is very limited to that of a blaster hero. If you are out of range of a target you should at least be able to defend yourself since you have no way of attacking back.
  • No, he shouldn't, he should be more like Darth Maul's playing style (offense as his defense).
  • Just to add emphasis to my theory. Blocking, is when you use your body (or magically the force) to stand there and resist weight. So, it's called blocking in duelling. Yoda can use the force, he can add force to his stance.

Blasters don't have weight, so they get deflected.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • You just need to position with blasters.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • bfloo
    15727 posts Member
    Cosmowove wrote: »
    No one was discussing opinions, you made an opinion with an opinion. And there was a meme.

Can I form an opinion of an opinion with an opinion?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Yeah, that's a joke.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • Cosmowove
    462 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    That's the definition of a joke, I didn't know that.
    LaurenMayFawn
  • bfloo wrote: »
    No one was discussing opinions, you made an opinion with an opinion. And there was a meme.

If I say yes would that be a opinion!?
  • bfloo
    15727 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

If I say yes would that be a opinion!?

We'll need to get a second opinion on that.

h846398gb27k.png

Yoda, he's a master, there's no need to add a block.
    The same with Palpy, he doesn't need a light saber to fight.

It's not about what they need to do, it's about what they can do.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • If Yoda gets a block Darth Maul definitely should.
  • TyranicRex wrote: »
    All Jedi and Sith should be able to block, it shouldn't be an ability or anything special it should just be a common non debatable part of all of the Jedi and Sith heroes. The counter to this is if you have seen any of the movies or know anything about the Star Wars Universe then you know they can be overpowered by suppressive blaster fire, vehicle fire, or explosives. These heroes should be high risk high reward based on the Universe, if you know how to use the Jedi or Sith then you can do good, but if you mess up or don't know how to properly use the hero and get shot multiple times then that's the end.

This
  • Ensure Yoda needs. Strawberry flavor he prefers.
  • maxquu wrote: »
    Ensure Yoda needs. Strawberry flavor he prefers.

No. Chocolate, his favourite flavour is.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • bfloo
    15727 posts Member
    maxquu wrote: »

Too dark, Yoda is a vanilla sort of chap

h846398gb27k.png

• Yoda probably just drinks Green Tea instead.
  • I wonder if he puts hash browns & into a blender and drinks it.
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• The hard thing with whether block should be there or not is, we have no idea how open the maps will be. Can you imagine Maul on say... Hoth? Very little cover, long ranges. He'd be shot down instantly. Lightsaber and short ranged characters should block. They don't have to deflect, but a block similar to last game would be fine. Luke from BF15 was far more lethal than Maul, he could block, increase speed, and fly across the map. Far superior to Maul of this game, and not once did any ever complain that he shouldn't block even. He's move three times as fast and Maul and still with teamwork, Luke could still be taken down easily. All heroes in BF2 are much weaker, so having a block would be nice.

And for everyone saying that you should learn how to play with Maul without a block. How about, you just learn to shoot him even when he can block? No one had an issue with Vader or Luke so it's pointless to have one with blocking. Especially since TTK is significantly decreased as well. Learning how to play goes both ways.
  • NightFury wrote: »
    The hard thing with whether block should be there or not is, we have no idea how open the maps will be. Can you imagine Maul on say... Hoth? Very little cover, long ranges. He'd be shot down instantly. Lightsaber and short ranged characters should block. They don't have to deflect, but a block similar to last game would be fine. Luke from BF15 was far more lethal than Maul, he could block, increase speed, and fly across the map. Far superior to Maul of this game, and not once did any ever complain that he shouldn't block even. He's move three times as fast and Maul and still with teamwork, Luke could still be taken down easily. All heroes in BF2 are much weaker, so having a block would be nice.

And for everyone saying that you should learn how to play with Maul without a block. How about, you just learn to shoot him even when he can block? No one had an issue with Vader or Luke so it's pointless to have one with blocking. Especially since TTK is significantly decreased as well. Learning how to play goes both ways.

Also, the fact that a single trooper with Vanguard's Scattergun can almost 1 shot Maul is kinda sad.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • bfloo wrote: »

DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    I wonder if he puts hash browns & into a blender and drinks it.

Umm what’s going on here?
  • bfloo
    15727 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

We didn't bring ensure into this.

h846398gb27k.png

• Pineapple

• Cad_Bane wrote: »

You'll never know.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Back on topic. I think all light saber users should be able to block. Possible exception could be is if they are extremely agile and fast. But even then I would still prefer for them to have a block. The reason why most lightsaber users should block is because their range is very limited to that of a blaster hero. If you are out of range of a target you should at least be able to defend yourself since you have no way of attacking back.

Exactly
  • NightFury wrote: »
    The hard thing with whether block should be there or not is, we have no idea how open the maps will be. Can you imagine Maul on say... Hoth? Very little cover, long ranges. He'd be shot down instantly. Lightsaber and short ranged characters should block. They don't have to deflect, but a block similar to last game would be fine. Luke from BF15 was far more lethal than Maul, he could block, increase speed, and fly across the map. Far superior to Maul of this game, and not once did any ever complain that he shouldn't block even. He's move three times as fast and Maul and still with teamwork, Luke could still be taken down easily. All heroes in BF2 are much weaker, so having a block would be nice.

This