criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

EA Star Wars spoke to my favorite YouTuber today...

Landeaux
3467 posts Member
edited October 2017

Rest assured that they hear us even though they don’t directly respond to us.

Replies

• Let's hope they are listening to the right complaints.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Well then.

DimWarlikeGodwit-size_restricted.gif
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Battlemaster49
    37 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The Pay To Win complaints will be pretty hard to address. The game has already lost a ton of people because of the Loot Boxes so hopefully we get more news about how the loot boxes work in the full game soon.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Well then.

EXACTLY
  • I hope there listening I want more concrete details for offline co-op arcade, and post launch skirmish support.
  • This is great to hear
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Well then.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • I hope there listening I want more concrete details for offline co-op arcade, and post launch skirmish support.

Keep the single player focused Threads Alive then
  • The Pay To Win complaints will be pretty hard to address. The game has already lost a ton of people because of the Loot Boxes so hopefully we get more news about how the loot boxes work in the full game soon.

Well there's not much they can do now. They addressed it, but that news didn't spread nearly as fast.

But I do agree, i'd appreciate a much more in-depth review of how the system works before launch.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • The Pay To Win complaints will be pretty hard to address. The game has already lost a ton of people because of the Loot Boxes so hopefully we get more news about how the loot boxes work in the full game soon.

Well there's not much they can do now. They addressed it, but that news didn't spread nearly as fast.

But I do agree, i'd appreciate a much more in-depth review of how the system works before launch.

I don’t consider that likely since it will likely be a loose loose situation
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Landeaux wrote: »

I do hope that the important & crucial complaints are being heard and addressed. EA/DICE better come through, it's reassuring hearing that but somehow I know that they won't deliver. It's whatever though, shrug. Only time will tell the truth and put speculations to rest.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • fires
    301 posts Member
    Shinjuku wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »

I do hope that the important & crucial complaints are being heard and addressed. EA/DICE better come through, it's reassuring hearing that but somehow I know that they won't deliver. It's whatever though, shrug. Only time will tell the truth and put speculations to rest.

Im not hopeful to be honest. Dice didnt listen to start with like the server browser for PC. Probably too late for alot of stuff at release but hopefully implemented over time.
  • It took Dice about half a year to hear complaints about cosmetic issues with helmetless troopers. And no, not everything has to be approved by Lucas. Dice simply give them the gist of what they're doing and Lucas in good faith prays that nothing bad happens. Same thing happens with every single industry. A company affords an employee certain responsibilities under the agreement that the majority of work done is correct contrary to what some mods here believe. That means not a 100% but at least a passing grade. Hence, Dice will address this with at least a B effort at best but that's not bad considering a good number of opposing companies are fine with a D grade. However, of this is a AAA title, then maybe they need to aim for B+ and higher. That being said, at least the foot is through the door.
  • Landeaux wrote: »

EA are just using certain "YouTubers" as echo chambers, if you trust them the logic is if they tell you something you will believe them.

Truth is EA are listening but they won't be doing much, it integrated the loot crate system to deep into multiplayer to fix that issue, all it can do is NOT release a premium currency to make them buyable with real world money, that would at least put them back into most peoples good books.

WWE2K18 was supposed to have buyable crates but after the kicking NBA2K18 got 2K games backtracked to save face.

Shadow of War was supposed to have Orcs that would die meaning you had to replace them, this was quietly changed before the games release so now they do not die, only improve if they are part of a victory.

Assassins Creed Origins was supposed to have buyable loot crates but according to the time Jim Sterling has spent with it those crates have gone, all crates are in game and buyable with in game currency that said they do sell the currency for those who can't be bothered to earn it, earning it does some quick and plentiful in the game.

...so as you can see when it is going to affect your reputation and more importantly your bottom line these publishers can certainly do what is needed to avert disaster.
  • Hopefully also the Squad System problem! They should solved it!
  • I mean okay, but like.. that could mean everything / anything / nothing.

Keeping an eye out for more detail on #SoloPlayersMatter
    All Multiplayer modes playable offline, please. Don't forget the hero/villain AI to fight against too.
    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

The whole loot box debacle did make some people cancel their pre order and convince others to not pre order but to say they lost a "ton" isn't really the word I would use. The game will still be played by millions on launch day.
  • Foxdie491 wrote: »
    I hope there listening I want more concrete details for offline co-op arcade, and post launch skirmish support.

Keep the single player focused Threads Alive then

Roger Roger. :wink: