criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why are people complaining about the lasers?

Darthsteve88
371 posts Member
edited October 2017
I’ve noticed that lots of people are complaining about the way the lasers/blaster bolts look in Battlefront 2. People think they’re thinner, harder to see and they’re the wrong color.
When I see someone mention this, my instant thought is, who cares? Is them having a different texture ruining the gameplay? No, it isn’t. The lasers function the way their supposed to, so why does it matter what they look like? Just seems like a pointless complaint IMO.

Replies

• Hey, at least its better than seeing complaints about pigeons.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Quizolio wrote: »
    Hey, at least its better than seeing complaints about pigeons.

Are people really complaining about that too?!
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Quizolio wrote: »

Yep! The dayum pidgey's fly outta the ground even when there's nothing there, I don't particularly mind but for some strange reason there is a little too much of them. Anyways on to more pressing issues, most people myself included feel that the blaster bolts are almost pin needle thin and it's hard to differentiate sometimes where the blaster fire is coming from. In addition to that it's also a bit hard to tell when you're in a ranged shootout against someone if your shots are landing or not.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • fires
    301 posts Member
    Shinjuku wrote: »

Yep! The dayum pidgey's fly outta the ground even when there's nothing there, I don't particularly mind but for some strange reason there is a little too much of them. Anyways on to more pressing issues, most people myself included feel that the blaster bolts are almost pin needle thin and it's hard to differentiate sometimes where the blaster fire is coming from. In addition to that it's also a bit hard to tell when you're in a ranged shootout against someone if your shots are landing or not.

Yeah there are very legit reasons why the laser bolts arent up to scratch I think BF1 ones were perfect.
  • The color isn’t the problem (that has been confirmed to be solved by launch for while) it’s just that the lasers of the last game looked much better. It’s not a big deal but it’s not an insignificant one either. Having lasers feel like Star Wars helps the entire game feel like Star Wars.
  • The speed is fine, but the laser bolts don't look like they belong from star wars enough.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • It’s really not a big deal but it is Star Wars, I would like the blaster bolts to show up on he screen better. Game will still be enjoyable for me regardless though.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    I think the lasers and pigeons are fine
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    I think the lasers and pigeons are fine

Pigeons yes. Lasers, kind of. I can live with the current lasers, but they could be better. Is it really so difficult to make them a touch more vibrant and brighter?
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • Trooper Blaster Bolts only need to be brighter / more vibrant like in Battlefront 2015 and in Starfigher Assault, simple as that
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • if it were difficult to make the lasers look good i wouldn't complain but like...even lego star wars did a better job on lasers haha plus its a step backwards from 2015 and its a BIG deal to me because if not for this game being star wars id just play battlefield because its 1830827290 times better haha so...i will keep complaining about this until its updated
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    It’s really not a big deal but it is Star Wars, I would like the blaster bolts to show up on he screen better. Game will still be enjoyable for me regardless though.

Pretty much this.

It’s not ‘literally unplayable’ or anything OP, it’s just that they don’t look very Star Wars, and in a Star Wars game that got the look so perfect in the last game it’d be nice to see them looking like the movies again.
  • @SAmulticore I concur
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • It matters because it should be accurate how blasters function. we are firing blaster bolts not projectiles. Blaster bolts are slower, brighter and thicker. Some blasters have thicker bolts than others. It’s a issue to some because it was perfect in the other battlefront and now its been pointlessly changed.
  • REKT_Prophet
    1122 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Shinjuku wrote: »

WRONG. Piegeons need a serious buff or I’m unrecancelling my re-preorder.
  • Shinjuku wrote: »

WRONG. Piegeons need a serious buff or I’m unrecancelling my re-preorder.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."