criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Chewbacca dissapointment...

Prev13
I'm just a little disappointed in Chewbacca's abilties. I like his model this time around though. I feel like his abilities could be maybe less basic than a shock grenade and a charge?

Replies

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    I agree, he's very underwhelming. Seems like the wookie reinforcement is more interesting.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    I agree, he's very underwhelming. Seems like the wookie reinforcement is more interesting.

Totally agree. And I was really looking forward to Chewbacca too...
  • Then don’t play him
  • LERXST wrote: »
    Then don’t play him

• willywonka7
    1378 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I think that chewy looked more like chewy in the last SWBF. His motions were also more realistic or felt more realistic in the last SWBF, minus the jump. This doesn't seem like chewy at all now.

Here's a video of what he use to look like in the last SWBF 2015 for anyone that doesn't know:
    Chewy SWBF 2015

100% agree with is abilities, although I liked his chewy roar perk from the last one that gave everyone nearby armor/health upgrade. I mean if you hear Chewy's roar it would make sense that everyone nearby would be kind of super motivated by it and get sort of like an adrenaline stim from that. THe sound of his roar in this one is weak and his motions are so awkward! This grenade shock perk is soooooo stupid too, along with the charge forward! I mean if it was like a physical leap into the air and slam down into the ground that would be so much better. WE need the shockwave effect back from the last SWBF 2015 for chewy this lousy flashbang effect for the slam sucks!

Final opinion chewy needs major rework for sure! RIght now my hopes for chewy have been crushed but what I currently see!

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Final opinion chewy needs major rework for sure!

Doubt he's changing this close to launch. We'll just have to use a different hero. He already seems redundant from the cheaper reinforcement anyways. Would much rather have an imploder than a shock grenade any day.
  • Master_Cunha
    4550 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I agree. I'd like to see him have some explosives like he used in tfa and rots.

The ground slam is awful, it's like a force ability. The idea that he can hit the ground hard enough to make it shake and kill someone is ridiculous.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member

The ground slam is awful, it's like a force ability. The idea that he can hit the ground hard enough to make it shake and kill someone is ridiculous.

Yeah, agree with all of this. If he operated more like a demolitionist with his bowcaster I might consider him enjoyable to play. But if it shoots the same as the wookie warrior then meh, some other hero will get my attention.
    Then don’t play him

He's still part of a game that many people are paying for. Heroes should be unique with abilities that make sense with them. This Chewbacca is bland, boring, and we already have 3 SHOCK ABILITIES!!!!!
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    He's still part of a game that many people are paying for. Heroes should be unique with abilities that make sense with them. This Chewbacca is bland, boring, and we already have 3 SHOCK ABILITIES!!!!!

Some of the heroes are going to be uninspired, unfortunately. I also happen to think Iden is uninteresting also.

One thing to consider is chewie could be a beast in HvV.
  • Blazur wrote: »

Some of the heroes are going to be uninspired, unfortunately. I also happen to think Iden is uninteresting also.

One thing to consider is chewie could be a beast in HvV.

Yes. Iden is just a trooper from the last game.

Bubble shield
    Pulse cannon

Tl50 with op secondary fire
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Yes. Iden is just a trooper from the last game.

Yup. Super boring, but probably spectacular in HvV. Easily going to be my last picked villain in GA.
  • Chewy is looking great to me. He has the slam from the last game as well as a bow caster ability. I think it would be cool if he had a dentonite charge like in the movies but aside from that I like it.
  • My only disappointment is that they gave him a shock grenade. Unless it does something more than stun the enemy it seems underwhelming.
  • IMO:
    Shock Grenade- why? Whatever, I'd rather him throw a Cluster Bomb, but I'll deal.

Furious Bow: M'kay. Nothing too unique, but still cool.

Charge Slam: ....

...really? You brought this thing back. I'm fine with the charging, but...the...slam...why? I know Wookies are really strong -enough to rip your arms out of your sockets- but, in order to generate a shockwave like that, that instantly kills a FlameTrooper? Really? He might as well just punch through the hull of the MTT instead.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • JMaster
    2117 posts Member
    Yeah. I though the Wookie Warriors were fine... not awesome, but decent enough as reinforcements. I went on a number of 10-15 man kill streaks with them on Strike : ). However, I was really hoping Chewie would be a little more special. Oh well, at least we don't have to worry about him or Lando being added a year after the game's launch.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    LERXST wrote: »
    Then don’t play him

• Danxoln wrote: »
    Then don’t play him

But he could be much better.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Ok...then wait 6 months for them to fix him...
    Then don’t play him

Then don’t play him
  • Ground slam replacement: picks up an enemy and throws it, damaging it and any other enemies it hits.

Shock grenade replacement: 5 sticky mine chewie can place around the map (not throw) that are remotely detonated.

Don't really know what the furious bow entails.
    Then don’t play him

Agree with you general.

It's sad when you get people like Danoxln and Lerxst that just settle for for sub par gaming when it could be much bettter! Especially since the company flaunts the importance of choosing your hero so much in this game. Some people really want Chewy and they want him to be really good, not a crummy wookie warrior.
    Then don’t play him

Agree with you general.

It's sad when you get people like Danoxln and Lerxst that just settle for for sub par gaming when it could be much bettter! Especially since the company flaunts the importance of choosing your hero so much in this game. Some people really want Chewy and they want him to be really good, not a crummy wookie warrior.

Eh, it's their choice, though, too. I just rather the standard Wookies Warrior.

• I agree. I'd like to see him have some explosives like he used in tfa and rots.

Agreed, the ground slam is stupid and immersion breaking. He'd have to have some kryptonian tier strength to kill someone from shaking the ground with his fists.
  • The Wookie reinforcements have better abilities
    IMO:
    Shock Grenade- why? Whatever, I'd rather him throw a Cluster Bomb, but I'll deal.

Furious Bow: M'kay. Nothing too unique, but still cool.

Charge Slam: ....

...really? You brought this thing back. I'm fine with the charging, but...the...slam...why? I know Wookies are really strong -enough to rip your arms out of your sockets- but, in order to generate a shockwave like that, that instantly kills a FlameTrooper? Really? He might as well just punch through the hull of the MTT instead.

LOL maybe he's force sensitive. On a real though, they could've at least made Chewbacca a lot better than this, the Wookie reinforcements look more cooler than he is and that's saying something.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • I thought Guillaume did a good job on Chewie, but the only thing I don't like is his head. It looks really weird & nothing like Chewie from the movies, I liked the Chewbacca head from the last game more.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• The ground slam is awful, it's like a force ability. The idea that he can hit the ground hard enough to make it shake and kill someone is ridiculous.

Yeah like what the ****. Its friggin comical. Whats his other ability, dropping a piano on someone?
  • Why the shock grenade Han Solo got the move that Chewbacca needed (The Remote Detonater).
  • IronSoldier
    3263 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    If we complain enough they'll make him OP again. Oh boy. Stop. Wait and see how it feels to play as each hero before you complain.
  • The ground slam is awful, it's like a force ability. The idea that he can hit the ground hard enough to make it shake and kill someone is ridiculous.

Seriously, that ground smash is bad...REALLY bad. What is he, The Hulk? Chewie SMASH!!

Yeesh, who thought of this?

Giving him an “Imtimidating Growl” that lowers defense and aiming would even be better.

Seriously, that ground smash is bad...REALLY bad. What is he, The Hulk? Chewie SMASH!!

Yeesh, who thought of this?

Giving him an “Imtimidating Growl” that lowers defense and aiming would even be better.

+1

But yeah, I think the devs are trying to tell us something...

Chewie is the Last Jedi!

• bfloo
    14497 posts Member

Chewie used explosives in RotS?

All I remember him accomplishing was giving Yoda a piggy back ride.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Chewie used explosives in RotS?

All I remember him accomplishing was giving Yoda a piggy back ride.

There. New ability:
    Smuggle- allows players to hop on Chewbacca's back and get around the map faster.

• Octavious_Wrex
    3043 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    His abilities could be better, or I should say more interesting and more fitting. I don't think anyone is complaining about his power, so much as his fairly generic seeming build.

I doubt anything can be done at least before launch, but maybe if enough people show interest and they get a better idea they could do a rebuild eventually.(I doubt it but fingers crossed.)

Here a try off the top of my head

Let's replace the ground pound with a double melee swing, that is obviously short range, but high damage and can effect multiple opponents in a small cone in front of him. We can call it "Let the Wookiee win"

Replace savage bowcaster with "Rebel Yell" where chewie lets out a roar that gives him a slight movement speed buff, a regen buff, and make "Let the Wookiee win" recharge faster while its active, however it has a long cooldown.

Finally replace Shock grenade with explosive bolt. Which charges the bowcaster so the next shot is an explosive blast, but make it arc as to limit the range. This is the one I'm least sold on, but we've seen that bowcaster blowup several people with on shot on occasion, while we've never seen Chewie use a shock grenade as far as I can remember. Otherwise maybe give him a time bomb or just also give him a det pack like Han has.

He might be a very powerful character depending on his numbers, but in his current state he feels less interesting than most of the other heroes.
  • His abilities could be better, or I should say more interesting and more fitting. I don't think anyone is complaining about his power, so much as his fairly generic seeming build.

I doubt anything can be done at least before launch, but maybe if enough people show interest and they get a better idea they could do a rebuild eventually.(I doubt it but fingers crossed.)

Here a try off the top of my head

Let's replace the ground pound with a double melee swing, that is obviously short range, but high damage and can effect multiple opponents in a small cone in front of him. We can call it "Let the Wookiee win"

Replace savage bowcaster with "Rebel Yell" where chewie lets out a roar that gives him a slight movement speed buff, a regen buff, and make "Let the Wookiee win" recharge faster while its active, however it has a long cooldown.

Finally replace Shock grenade with explosive bolt. Which charges the bowcaster so the next shot is an explosive blast, but make it arc as to limit the range. This is the one I'm least sold on, but we've seen that bowcaster blowup several people with on shot on occasion, while we've never seen Chewie use a shock grenade as far as I can remember. Otherwise maybe give him a time bomb or just also give him a det pack like Han has.

He might be a very powerful character depending on his numbers, but in his current state he feels less interesting than most of the other heroes.

Sounds more interesting and unique than the Chewy now.
  • another prove that they putted much more effort and love in the first game than in this new one. The only reworked hero i liked so far was Palpatine, the others were good as they were in the first game

This sequel seems rushed with too much of battlefield in it. I will still play it cause its Star Wars, but i dont know why people talked about 2015 BF so badly after seeing how the new one is
  • gcardoso wrote: »
    another prove that they putted much more effort and love in the first game than in this new one. The only reworked hero i liked so far was Palpatine, the others were good as they were in the first game

This sequel seems rushed with too much of battlefield in it. I will still play it cause its Star Wars, but i dont know why people talked about 2015 BF so badly after seeing how the new one is

That’s not a bad thing
  • Chewy is bad for sure. Shock grenade is a plain and cheap accessory, not a skill. That charge, twirl ground pound is cartooney.
  • Chewy is bad for sure. Shock grenade is a plain and cheap accessory, not a skill. That charge, twirl ground pound is cartooney.

It’s starwars, a franchise made for kids
    Chewy is bad for sure. Shock grenade is a plain and cheap accessory, not a skill. That charge, twirl ground pound is cartooney.

• DUSTFINGER wrote: »
    Chewy is bad for sure. Shock grenade is a plain and cheap accessory, not a skill. That charge, twirl ground pound is cartooney.

Don’t really feel like watching whatever that is but it still doesn’t change the fact
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    DUSTFINGER wrote: »

True. Cant accept dumbing down the game to a kids level with crazy twirling ground pounds
  • DUSTFINGER
    76 posts Member
    edited October 2017

Don’t really feel like watching whatever that is but it still doesn’t change the fact

Its just the scene from the movie. And it very much does change the fact that not all star wars movies are for kids. I remember there was a little controversy in Germany that ROTS was rated 12. So the equivalent of T for teen. People argued it should get a 16 rating for this scene.
  • DUSTFINGER wrote: »

Its just the scene from the movie. And it very much does change the fact that not all star wars movies are for kids. I remember there was a little controversy in Germany that ROTS was rated 12. So the equivalent of T for teen. People argued it should get a 16 rating for this scene.

Basically, that scene in ROTS is not really for kids.

• Imo, his charge slam looked amazing (could watch that animation for hours on end) but his other two abilities looked a little bland. It seems a lot of heroes are getting temporary damage and health buffs for abilities (Bossk, Darth Vader, now Chewie also) which is kind of annoying, since I want to see more creative abilities.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • Chewy seems to have copied Palpatine with his twirl leap attack.
  • I'm just a little disappointed in Chewbacca's abilties. I like his model this time around though. I feel like his abilities could be maybe less basic than a shock grenade and a charge?

Do we know for sure what his abilities are? Some sort of grenade/Ground slam, there will be a third one. Personally, I don't think Chewie should be a super versatile fancy hero. He should have a lot of health and a basic combat style IMO, kind of like the last one. A big explosive shot (Like in TFA) would be a good third star card.
  • GeneralHux wrote: »
    I'm just a little disappointed in Chewbacca's abilties. I like his model this time around though. I feel like his abilities could be maybe less basic than a shock grenade and a charge?

Do we know for sure what his abilities are? Some sort of grenade/Ground slam, there will be a third one. Personally, I don't think Chewie should be a super versatile fancy hero. He should have a lot of health and a basic combat style IMO, kind of like the last one. A big explosive shot (Like in TFA) would be a good third star card.

We know EXACTLY what they are.

• The ground slam is perfectly fine lol. No one cared in the other game
    The ground slam is perfectly fine lol. No one cared in the other game

You new here?