criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Chewbacca dissapointment...

Replies

• I'll only be concerned if his charge works anything like Rey or Hans.
  • LERXST wrote: »
    The ground slam is perfectly fine lol. No one cared in the other game

You new here?

Idk, I don’t stick to these forums 24/7 so you tell me
  • I've thought over some of his abilities and I think I have some cool additions.

His first ability would be a wookie roar, which buffs his damage and the teammates damage around him.

The second ability would be the furious bow caster, which speeds up his shooting speed.

His last ability would be an impact thermal imploder. It wouldn't be as strong as the normal imploder considering it explodes on impact but it would still pack a punch.

This abilities seem more fitting for Chewbacca unlike a shock grenade and ground slam. Thoughts?
  • I mean, not much creativity there
    I mean, not much creativity there

Compared to the current abilities I think it's a lot more creative. Wookies are known to rally troopers: wookie roar, A special ability for his bowcaster: furious bow caster, and finally a powerful explosive is suiting for Chewbacca
  • Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    You guys forgot about the cards.Maybe all these cool abilities you said are actually in the game, but you have to unlock them.Wait until release.

If I was a dev, I'd rather have these awesome abilities behind crates so I can unlock them while playing, rather than having the best ones right away.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
    LERXST wrote: »

You new here?

Idk, I don’t stick to these forums 24/7 so you tell me

I don't either. But I remember nearly everyone thinking Chewie was dumb in BF1. He looked pretty bad, his Slam was dumb and had ridiculous range (could hit Boba mid-air), and was God-Tier.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I feel like Chewie is tough to nail down and give good abilities to simply because while he does a lot in the movies, it's mostly the same stuff. He smacks guys, shoots stuff and fixes things.

It does leave the devs more room to add stuff, but the movies don't give them a lot to work with for abilities besides shoot or smash.
  • DUSTFINGER
    76 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I feel like Chewie is tough to nail down and give good abilities to simply because while he does a lot in the movies, it's mostly the same stuff. He smacks guys, shoots stuff and fixes things.

It does leave the devs more room to add stuff, but the movies don't give them a lot to work with for abilities besides shoot or smash.

It would be fine if they just replaced his stupid smash with e.g. a rage where he OHK with melee strikes and sends dudes flying that way. Instead of literally punching the ground.

(ok so stup1d gets censored? really?)

But...but...we demand to be OUTRAGED!

No one cared in the other game....because no one cared -about- the other game.
  • DUSTFINGER wrote: »
    I feel like Chewie is tough to nail down and give good abilities to simply because while he does a lot in the movies, it's mostly the same stuff. He smacks guys, shoots stuff and fixes things.

It would be fine if they just replaced his **** smash with e.g. a rage where he OHK with melee strikes and sends dudes flying that way. Instead of literally punching the ground.

(ok so stup1d gets censored? really?)

Personally I'm more bugged by the shock grenade. I think the smash is silly and all, but for the life of me I don't remember Chewie, or anyone in any StarWars film using a shock grenade. Ion grenades? Yep. Thermal Detonators? Sure. Boomers? Uh huh. Det packs? Affirmative. But shock grenades? Am I just forgetting something or are these just a video game addition?(I know there other canon besides the films but for a major film character, and literally the ONLY hero who has been in all three eras I just feel he should be less generic)

I'm not overly concerned, as I'm sure even if he's kind of generic he'll be fun to play some times, but it's fun to imagine what could have been.
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    You guys forgot about the cards.Maybe all these cool abilities you said are actually in the game, but you have to unlock them.Wait until release.

If I was a dev, I'd rather have these awesome abilities behind crates so I can unlock them while playing, rather than having the best ones right away.

I don't think abilities can be changed just star cards that upgrade the hero. So that means these are the watered-down abilities Chewy is sticking with.

I don't think abilities can be changed just star cards that upgrade the hero. So that means these are the watered-down abilities Chewy is sticking with.

This. Star Cards modify abilities, not change them for other abilities.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I agree. I'd like to see him have some explosives like he used in tfa and rots.

The ground slam is awful, it's like a force ability. The idea that he can hit the ground hard enough to make it shake and kill someone is ridiculous.

Agreed, the ground slam is **** and immersion breaking. He'd have to have some kryptonian tier strength to kill someone from shaking the ground with his fists.

Dice has gave up on the immersion aspect of the game since they chose to hav cross era heroes.
  • DUSTFINGER wrote: »

No one cared in the other game....because no one cared -about- the other game.

Lol was about to say this. :+1:
    I mean, not much creativity there

Compared to the current abilities I think it's a lot more creative. Wookies are known to rally troopers: wookie roar, A special ability for his bowcaster: furious bow caster, and finally a powerful explosive is suiting for Chewbacca

I say that because you just picked an ability he’s already had in the other game. No new abilities here
  • bfloo
    15814 posts Member
    Aris1368 wrote: »

We don't really know that yet. Cards replaced abilities for the classes.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Aris1368
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017

No, each hero has lots of different abilities, which can be unlocked via crates.Kylo ren for example, has a force freeze kind of ability, which isnt a part of his original set, if I'm not mistaken.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™

No, each hero has lots of different abilities, which can be unlocked via crates.Kylo ren for example, has a force freeze kind of ability, which isnt a part of his original set, if I'm not mistaken.

No. They are modifications. The actual ability itself doesn't get switched out for a new one. Like, take Vader for example. You can't change out Force Choke for Force Push or Force Lightning. You can modify the range, damage, cooldown, and other ASPECTS of the ability, but you can't get a whole new ability. The said this in pre-Alpha vid.

• I agree. I'd like to see him have some explosives like he used in tfa and rots.

The ground slam is awful, it's like a force ability. The idea that he can hit the ground hard enough to make it shake and kill someone is ridiculous.

The animation of the ground slam looks like the bad roll from the last game.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I think that chewy looked more like chewy in the last SWBF. His motions were also more realistic or felt more realistic in the last SWBF, minus the jump. This doesn't seem like chewy at all now.

Here's a video of what he use to look like in the last SWBF 2015 for anyone that doesn't know:
    Chewy SWBF 2015

100% agree with is abilities, although I liked his chewy roar perk from the last one that gave everyone nearby armor/health upgrade. I mean if you hear Chewy's roar it would make sense that everyone nearby would be kind of super motivated by it and get sort of like an adrenaline stim from that. THe sound of his roar in this one is weak and his motions are so awkward! This grenade shock perk is soooooo **** too, along with the charge forward! I mean if it was like a physical leap into the air and slam down into the ground that would be so much better. WE need the shockwave effect back from the last SWBF 2015 for chewy this lousy flashbang effect for the slam sucks!

Final opinion chewy needs major rework for sure! RIght now my hopes for chewy have been crushed but what I currently see!

The abilities I don't a care about but the look from the last game I disagree on, I mean are you serious chewy looked nothing like himself at all. It looked terrible
    "Oh well it's my programming." -Battle droid Star Wars Clone wars Ep 1
  • Vyre
    12 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Giving a character yet another explosive is not a change I'd look for. So to the people wanting him to have a detonator like the wookiee warrior - let's try keeping the explosive spam down.
    Post edited by Vyre on
  • gcardoso wrote: »
    another prove that they putted much more effort and love in the first game than in this new one. The only reworked hero i liked so far was Palpatine, the others were good as they were in the first game

This sequel seems rushed with too much of battlefield in it. I will still play it cause its Star Wars, but i dont know why people talked about 2015 BF so badly after seeing how the new one is

100% Agree!
  • bfloo
    15814 posts Member

I thought he was a long lost relative of Sonic the Hedgehog :)

h846398gb27k.png

• Cosmo31315 wrote: »
    I think that chewy looked more like chewy in the last SWBF. His motions were also more realistic or felt more realistic in the last SWBF, minus the jump. This doesn't seem like chewy at all now.

Here's a video of what he use to look like in the last SWBF 2015 for anyone that doesn't know:
    Chewy SWBF 2015

100% agree with is abilities, although I liked his chewy roar perk from the last one that gave everyone nearby armor/health upgrade. I mean if you hear Chewy's roar it would make sense that everyone nearby would be kind of super motivated by it and get sort of like an adrenaline stim from that. THe sound of his roar in this one is weak and his motions are so awkward! This grenade shock perk is soooooo **** too, along with the charge forward! I mean if it was like a physical leap into the air and slam down into the ground that would be so much better. WE need the shockwave effect back from the last SWBF 2015 for chewy this lousy flashbang effect for the slam sucks!

Final opinion chewy needs major rework for sure! RIght now my hopes for chewy have been crushed but what I currently see!

The abilities I don't a care about but the look from the last game I disagree on, I mean are you serious chewy looked nothing like himself at all. It looked terrible

That's a laugh! Have you seen star wars at all?!?!? Look at Chewy's face in the hero selection video, looks nothing like chewy! He looks like some random wookie, or a gorilla, or the werewolf man. You might not have like the texturing of his fur in the last game, but his face looked similar, more similar than this current one. SWBF 2015 Chewy (@ 0:58sec).

Also look at Han Solos face he looks more like David Duchovny(Fox Mulder from X-files) than he looks like Harrison Ford. The last game even though it didn't fully look like Harrison Ford, it was closer than it is now. They aren't even trying on some of these updated characters.

• Chewy needs this ability instead of the shock grenade.

New Chewy Ability!
  • Can we just be happy with what we got?
  • bfloo
    15814 posts Member
    Can we just be happy with what we got?

You know these forums don't roll that way

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

You know these forums don’t effect anything
  • bfloo
    15814 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I do, but they are boosting popcorn sales :)

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Guess so. Truth is, after the game launches I’m probably never coming back here ever again

Guess so. Truth is, after the game launches I’m probably never coming back here ever again

Lol yep. That’s how I was with the first game. I’d come check out the forums after an update or DLC to see what the chatter was and make sure I wasn’t missing anything in the game.
    #infantrylivesmatter

Lol. We wish. Welcome to the internet my friend.
    PSN: DynamitePro26

You wish... I’m happy

You wish... I’m happy

With what, millions of complain threads?

You wish... I’m happy

I’m happy with what we got! I’m happy with battlefront II

You wish... I’m happy

Me, too, but you're saying you like hate threads? ???

You wish... I’m happy

No lol. I hate them. I initially said, why can’t we be happy with what we got? As in Chewbacca and everything else

You wish... I’m happy

No lol. I hate them. I initially said, why can’t we be happy with what we got? As in Chewbacca and everything else

Lol, I don't think you quite understood me my friend. I was saying the internet is never happy with what they get. :)
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Lol, I don't think you quite understood me my friend. I was saying the internet is never happy with what they get. :)

This post is condescending towards the Internet and I'm not happy about it. I will now post another thread specifically to discuss my feelings over this particular topic.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »

This post is condescending towards the Internet and I'm not happy about it. I will now post another thread specifically to discuss my feelings over this particular topic.

Ok...?

You wish... I’m happy

Ahh well I’m not like most
  • bfloo
    15814 posts Member

You wish... I’m happy

Some of them are entertaining

h846398gb27k.png

Absolutely not. We demand to be OUTRAGED!

Have fun with that

Rabble rabble rabble
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2017

I thought he was a long lost relative of Sonic the Hedgehog :)

Or the Goron race. Those rolled all day long literally.

Chewys swirling slam is just bad.
  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »

Ok...?

I get the feeling you don't get sarcasm
    PSN: ibrajoker59