criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Why Does the Hero Roster Suck in Battlefront II?

2Next

Replies

• bfloo wrote: »
    This is an infantry game, not a hero game.

Your joking right?

Hope he's joking. If the game didn't have vehicles and heroes, I wouldn't have pre-ordered.
  • SharokGG wrote: »
    aaa5f wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

It's a Star Wars game, and Star Wars became famous because of the iconic lightsabers. If the best they can do is put in only 6 heroes/villains with lightsabers, they aren't trying hard enough (1). There are plenty of older Star Wars games with smaller budgets that have added tons of characters, such as the old Battlefront II, (2)and quite frankly, I think EA should be capable of dishing out a game that provides an authentic Star Wars experience (3)where we can enjoy playing as the "iconic heroes and villains" they promised us, not 14 second screentime rubbish (4)

I'd like to address this in four parts, so I've added in numbers to the original post to help with that.

1) Human capital can only function at maximum productivity for a limited period of time before experiencing a period of limited productivity due to over-production -- also known as overworking and growing ill. To expect the devs to work harder than they already are completely disregards that rest is needed to maintain a steady rate of productivity and somewhat borders on being unethical.

2) And what were the lightsaber heroes in Classic Battlefront 2 but reskins of each other with a variation of the exact same core abilities.

3) The heroes we've been provided are very much authentic to the Star Wars universe and gameplay wise are unique enough to be fun.

4) Technically, all of the heroes have had much more than fourteen seconds screen time. It's just a matter of the media from which you recognise them. Otherwise, patience is key to getting what you want. It will come. Getting worked up over it simply isn't worth anyone's time or effort.

As for my own opinion, and building on from my response to this chap, I'm pretty happy with the roster. Fourteen heroes is a vast improvement on the six we began with from the last game, especially considering all the other vast gameplay improvements that we've been given on top of them. The devs really have worked hard. All the heroes seem to have their unique play style as well, which I'm very pleased to see. They're clearly well thought out and each appeal to a different manner of playing based on their primary weapon and abilities. I'm just glad that they've promised more heroes post-launch, as I'm happy as is with the ones we've got thus far.

+9000

Your joking right?

Hope he's joking. If the game didn't have vehicles and heroes, I wouldn't have pre-ordered.

CoD is not simply an air support game as much as Bfront 2 is not simply a hero game.

They're rewards you earn in an infantry shooter. Besides HvV.

That's what he means.
  • Because nor IG-88 nor Ackbar are playable.
  • Because nor IG-88 nor Ackbar are playable.

I would welcome those heroes. I know @SAmulticore would agree to add the admiral!
  • Another thing I'd like to point out is that DICE have said DLC will be "event-fuelled", which means that it's likely DLC will only come out during movie releases or similar...
  • Dude. Chill. We're getting heroes in FREE DLCs...
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    Dude. Chill. We're getting heroes in FREE DLCs...

Which is great but that doesn’t mean we should except unfinished games at launch. That goes for all games
  • Lonnisity wrote: »

Did you not just read what I posted? I said it's likely we'll only receive one or two DLCs per year, and Anakin and Obiwan are two of the main characters with the most screentime in the Prequel Trilogy. They shouldn't have been left out of launch.
  • aaa5f wrote: »
    Lonnisity wrote: »

Did you not just read what I posted? I said it's likely we'll only receive one or two DLCs per year, and Anakin and Obiwan are two of the main characters with the most screentime in the Prequel Trilogy. They shouldn't have been left out of launch.

I agree they shouldn’t have been left out at launch but we will definitely get more than 1 or 2 dlc’s
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    3 reasons I don't want prequel movie adult Anakin:

- Darth Vader is there and appeared in Ep III. So technically he's there.

- I reject the movie's portrayal of him so much. I almost have a complete disconnect of that version becoming Vader in the suit. That disconnect might become more apparent and awkward if you have Vader and Anakin together. Disney may sense this.

-I only want Anakin if they have animated clone wars voicing him. The Clone Wars animated show is better than the prequel movies and that version's cadence and tone is more believable.

Vader and anakin are different characters. Just because Darth Vader is in the game doesn’t exclude anakin from being in the game. The inclusion of one hero doesn’t make the addition of another more difficult. This has already been stated by dice.
    Also just because you don’t like a character doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be included. You’re opinions are totally unreasonable if you think that. I don’t like Finn, so does that mean he shouldn’t be a hero in the ST? Of course not, he’s a main character and should be included. All main characters of each trilogy should be first priority.

- I reject the movie's portrayal of him so much. I almost have a complete disconnect of that version becoming Vader in the suit. That disconnect might become more apparent and awkward if you have Vader and Anakin together. Disney may sense this.

-I only want Anakin if they have animated clone wars voicing him. The Clone Wars animated show is better than the prequel movies and that version's cadence and tone is more believable.

Yeah, Hayden Christenssen was a pretty rubbish actor.

I disagree with that and think he done a good job with the dialogue he had to work with. Regardless, that shouldn’t matter. Whether you like his acting or not he should be included as the main character of the PT.

I do want anakin, but I'm just not a fan of the actor.
    PSN: DynamitePro26

Vader and anakin are different characters. Just because Darth Vader is in the game doesn’t exclude anakin from being in the game. The inclusion of one hero doesn’t make the addition of another more difficult. This has already been stated by dice.
    Also just because you don’t like a character doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be included. You’re opinions are totally unreasonable if you think that. I don’t like Finn, so does that mean he shouldn’t be a hero in the ST? Of course not, he’s a main character and should be included. All main characters of each trilogy should be first priority.

I disagree with that and think he done a good job with the dialogue he had to work with. Regardless, that shouldn’t matter. Whether you like his acting or not he should be included as the main character of the PT.

Fair enough. But being a fan or not of the actor shouldn’t matter in battlefront. They are obviously going to model his looks from how he looks in the movies not a cartoon character. His voice will also be most familiar with most fans since not everyone has seen the show.
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

Fair enough. But being a fan or not of the actor shouldn’t matter in battlefront. They are obviously going to model his looks from how he looks in the movies not a cartoon character. His voice will also be most familiar with most fans since not everyone has seen the show.

That's what I'm saying. I want movie ankain to be in battlefront II, all I was saying Hayden's performance was pretty poor in some areas, and not just because of dialogue.

That's what I'm saying. I want movie ankain to be in battlefront II, all I was saying Hayden's performance was pretty poor in some areas, and not just because of dialogue.

I disagree. But fair enough.
  • If they add Dooku, Ventress, Greivous, Ahsoka, Anakin and Obiwan into one clone wars DLC, I will be content.
  • How it should be:

Heroes:
    Yoda
    Qui-gon jin
    Obi-wan kenobi
    Anakin skywalker
    mace windu

Luke skywalker
    Han solo
    Chewbacca
    Leia
    Lando
    Old ben kenobi

Rey
    Finn
    etc.

Villains:
    Maul
    count dooku
    "young" emperor
    Grievous
    Django fett

Darth vader
    "old" emperor
    Tarkin

Kylo ren
    etc.
  • quark wrote: »
    How it should be:

Heroes:
    Yoda
    Qui-gon jin
    Obi-wan kenobi
    Anakin skywalker
    mace windu

Luke skywalker
    Han solo
    Chewbacca
    Leia
    Lando
    Old ben kenobi

Rey
    Finn
    etc.

Villains:
    Maul
    count dooku
    "young" emperor
    Grievous
    Django fett

Darth vader
    "old" emperor
    Tarkin

Kylo ren
    etc.

Quark, my friend, you are 100% correct. If these were the heroes given to us at launch, I would be jumping for joy.
  • Octavious_Wrex
    3043 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm happy with what we're getting at launch, but I really want Padme added st some point. Leaving her out is like leaving out Leia. Padme was the only character who wasn't a Jedi or a clone created and trained from birth for battle to fight at the battle of Geonoshis for the republic. She also was one of the leaders of the battle of Naboo. This isn't even getting into all the stuff she did in the Clone Wars cartoon.
  • Looking at it from an unbiased viewpoint, it makes more sense to go ahead and have most of the ot cast outta the way and have them as launch them to have all pt and st heroes in at launch and then give you ot heroes we've already had in the game later

Theyre saving the pt heroes to hype up the release of new seasons.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I'm happy with what we're getting at launch, but I really want Padme added st some point. Leaving her out is like leaving out Leia. Padme was the only character who wasn't a Jedi or a clone created and trained from birth for battle to fight at the battle of Geonoshis for the republic. She also was one of the leaders of the battle of Naboo. This isn't even getting into all the stuff she did in the Clone Wars cartoon.

Wth, Padme was not trained at birth to fight.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    I'm happy with what we're getting at launch, but I really want Padme added st some point. Leaving her out is like leaving out Leia. Padme was the only character who wasn't a Jedi or a clone created and trained from birth for battle to fight at the battle of Geonoshis for the republic. She also was one of the leaders of the battle of Naboo. This isn't even getting into all the stuff she did in the Clone Wars cartoon.

Wth, Padme was not trained at birth to fight.

I know, that's why I said "Padme was the only character who wasn't a Jedi or a clone created and trained from birth for battle to fight at the battle of Geonoshis for the republic."

I said she wasn't a Jedi or a Clone trained from birth. She was the only member of the republic to fight at the battle of Geonosis who was not a member of either of those elite fighting forces.

I disagree. But fair enough.

I guess it's down to personal opinion then. I still want prequel anakin though, regardless of the actor that plays him.

It's a Star Wars game, and Star Wars became famous because of the iconic lightsabers. If the best they can do is put in only 6 heroes/villains with lightsabers, they aren't trying hard enough. There are plenty of older Star Wars games with smaller budgets that have added tons of characters, such as the old Battlefront II, and quite frankly, I think EA should be capable of dishing out a game that provides an authentic Star Wars experience where we can enjoy playing as the "iconic heroes and villains" they promised us, not 14 second screentime rubbish.

Star Wars came famous for many other reasons than lightsabers.

Exactly, lightsabers literally had maybe 5 mins total screen time in the first movie, and it did amazing. If all you care about are lightsabers, then you're a lightsaber fan, not a Star Wars fan.
    Xbox GT: Silentboss009

It's a Star Wars game, and Star Wars became famous because of the iconic lightsabers. If the best they can do is put in only 6 heroes/villains with lightsabers, they aren't trying hard enough. There are plenty of older Star Wars games with smaller budgets that have added tons of characters, such as the old Battlefront II, and quite frankly, I think EA should be capable of dishing out a game that provides an authentic Star Wars experience where we can enjoy playing as the "iconic heroes and villains" they promised us, not 14 second screentime rubbish.

Star Wars came famous for many other reasons than lightsabers.

Exactly, lightsabers literally had maybe 5 mins total screen time in the first movie, and it did amazing. If all you care about are lightsabers, then you're a lightsaber fan, not a Star Wars fan.

You called literally talk for hours, debating what made star wars succeed, but it wouldn't be because of "iconic lightsabers". You could say, writing, story, acting, concept, visuals, effects (okay, probably not for the original trilogy), and more.
    As Alec Guiness said: "It was a darn good story dashingly told, and beyond that, I can't explain it" - on the success of Star Wars
  • The OT has better special effects than the PT.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The OT has better special effects than the PT.

They're both pretty crap to be honest.
    Because nor IG-88 nor Ackbar are playable.

I would welcome those heroes. I know @SAmulticore would agree to add the admiral!

#TeamCrustacean
  • The one problem that arises without a paid Season Pass is that we can't hold EA accountable for the DLC we'll be receiving. Besides The Last Jedi DLC we have no clue what we'll be receiving and I doubt that EA will give us an insight into those plans until after the game's been released.

So, any speculation as to what the hero roster will look like after DLC heroes are dropped is sort of wishful thinking. While I 100% believe EA will support this game with more maps, heroes, vehicles etc., I hate that they don't have to support the game with solid updates because they haven't promised us specific post-launch content. While the season pass was pricey it did create transparency. At the very least they told us the themes of the major DLCs.
  • Dites moi qu'il y aura Windu et les droidekas, Please!! en plus de tout ceux qui sont déjà prévue, par contre il y a très peu de héro soldats, je sais pas, le commandant Cody par exemple serait pas mal non? et aussi mettre plus de planète sur lesquels jouer, comme Mustafar ^^ mais surtout les droidekas!! :smiley: ajoutés les gungans, comme pour les guerrier Wookies, les guerriers gungans, avec leurs armes, boucliers, monture :open_mouth: je trouverais ça ÉNORME!! Je sens que ce jeu va être ÉNORME!!
  • Ribbit ribbit
  • haddon wrote: »
    Dites moi qu'il y aura Windu et les droidekas, Please!! en plus de tout ceux qui sont déjà prévue, par contre il y a très peu de héro soldats, je sais pas, le commandant Cody par exemple serait pas mal non? et aussi mettre plus de planète sur lesquels jouer, comme Mustafar ^^ mais surtout les droidekas!! :smiley: ajoutés les gungans, comme pour les guerrier Wookies, les guerriers gungans, avec leurs armes, boucliers, monture :open_mouth: je trouverais ça ÉNORME!! Je sens que ce jeu va être ÉNORME!!

Je suis content que j'apprende parler et lire en Français.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • haddon wrote: »
    Dites moi qu'il y aura Windu et les droidekas, Please!! en plus de tout ceux qui sont déjà prévue, par contre il y a très peu de héro soldats, je sais pas, le commandant Cody par exemple serait pas mal non? et aussi mettre plus de planète sur lesquels jouer, comme Mustafar ^^ mais surtout les droidekas!! :smiley: ajoutés les gungans, comme pour les guerrier Wookies, les guerriers gungans, avec leurs armes, boucliers, monture :open_mouth: je trouverais ça ÉNORME!! Je sens que ce jeu va être ÉNORME!!

Agreed
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
    To make matters worse, Lando Calrissian was added instead of the beloved General Grievous...
    There is no Battlefront without Lando. Lando, his cape and glorious moustache are must. I would be furious if they add Grievous when there is no Lando.

Yeah, I want Grievous someday but Lando is the coolest guy in the galaxy. Not only did he lead the assault on DS2, he personally blew it up. Luke needed the force to blow up a DeathStar, all Lando needed was sweet hair and a bad **** cape!

Side note to whoever said it was light sabers that made Star Wars famous, that's ludicrous. Go back and watch the first film, you know the one that made all the other ones possible because it was a smash hit. There's almost no light sabers in it.

Lando had something more powerful than the Force, he had the power of the hues with him.

Lando had more charm than all jedi/sith had force powers.... combined. Between the mustache and the cape....Ironic, he could save others from the ladies, but he could not save himself. Yeah lets get Greivous in here soon, but don't be messin with ma boy Lando.
  • RogueKarp wrote: »
    The one problem that arises without a paid Season Pass is that we can't hold EA accountable for the DLC we'll be receiving. Besides The Last Jedi DLC we have no clue what we'll be receiving and I doubt that EA will give us an insight into those plans until after the game's been released.

So, any speculation as to what the hero roster will look like after DLC heroes are dropped is sort of wishful thinking. While I 100% believe EA will support this game with more maps, heroes, vehicles etc., I hate that they don't have to support the game with solid updates because they haven't promised us specific post-launch content. While the season pass was pricey it did create transparency. At the very least they told us the themes of the major DLCs.

That's what I mean. We have no idea what other heroes they'll add and the prequel roster only has two heroes (unless they add Chewie and Palpatine as prequel characters too). It's a weak hero roster for launch.
  • aaa5f
    80 posts Member
    If they add Dooku, Ventress, Greivous, Ahsoka, Anakin and Obiwan into one clone wars DLC, I will be content.

Well guys, we didn't get them all and not in one DLC but 4 of them are in the game now so I'm somewhat satisfied.
  • aaa5f
    80 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=4519606
    - - - - - - -

I have come back after a year and a half off BF2 XD
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    tenor.gif?itemid=4519606
    - - - - - - -

I have come back after a year and a half off BF2 XD

Welcome back
    [+3748 posts]

@bfloo Top man!
  • Relmets
    2222 posts Member
    skincarver wrote: »

@bfloo Top man!

laying down the law all the way back at launch
    what a legend
    [+3748 posts]
  • mastery0ta
    6243 posts Member
    skincarver wrote: »

@bfloo Top man!

laying down the law all the way back at launch
    what a legend

Solid