criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

If we ever get campaign dlc PLEASE have it bridge the gap between tcw show and ep 3

LordMaul
15 posts Member
edited November 2017
It's always really annoyed me how the clone wars show never got a proper ending, the Siege of Mandalore and the Battle of Coruscant are major events in Star Wars that we never got to really see all because the show got canceled. I think this would make for amazing campaign dlc.

Replies

• The campaign is set between ep 6 and 7, so what you're asking for won't happen
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • For those who don't know, the Siege of Mandalore took place at the start of ep 3 up until order 66. Basically Ahsoka Tano(Anakin's former apprentice) lead an attack alongside a Mandalorian named Bo-Katan, and an army of clones to capture Darth Maul who ruled Mandalore at the time.
  • The campaign is set between ep 6 and 7, so what you're asking for won't happen

I know. I'm talking about if they ever do campaign dlc.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    LordMaul wrote: »
    It's always really annoyed me how the clone wars show never got a proper ending, the Siege of Mandalore and the Battle of Coruscant are major events in Star Wars that we never got to really see all because the show got canceled. I think this would make for amazing campaign dlc.

This thread is solely based on leaked information, and it has nothing to do with the era the campaign is already based in, you're asking for a completely different campaign
  • Danxoln wrote: »

This thread is solely based on leaked information, and it has nothing to do with the era the campaign is already based in, you're asking for a completely different campaign

No it's not. I said IF we ever get campaign dlc. And what I'm talking about wouldn't need to be as big as the actual campaign.
  • I just hope they add campaign dlc from anywhere. Apparently it will only be 6 hours long which is sad and seems to lack longevity. They just need to add in more offline single player/ online co-op content in general because it still seems to be lacking. I fear arcade mode won't cut it.
  • Kwhiskey13 wrote: »
    I just hope they add campaign dlc from anywhere. Apparently it will only be 6 hours long which is sad and seems to lack longevity. They just need to add in more offline single player/ online co-op content in general because it still seems to be lacking. I fear arcade mode won't cut it.

Yeah 6 hours if you just rush through it, skip cinematics, etc. It'll probably be around an 8 hour game at most which is fine as long as the story is rich. Visually, the game is looking amazing. People just seem to expect way too much and are still never satisfied
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • According to a credible leaker, there is campaign dlc in the future.
  • I would like that as a possible campaign addition, but I doubt we'll get it. Also there are plenty of great campaigns in games that don't hit the ten hour mark, and to me that actually increases the replay value, because I can go through the whole campaign in a few sessions, just like watching one of the trilogy's.

Look at Metal Gear solid, a primarily single play game. You can run through any of those games in a hand full of hours. Once you cut out the cutscenes most of them can be beaten in under two hours.

Give me a campaign that's fun throughout and doesn't feel artificially streatched over the same campaign with an extra 5-10 hours.
  • I would like that as a possible campaign addition, but I doubt we'll get it. Also there are plenty of great campaigns in games that don't hit the ten hour mark, and to me that actually increases the replay value, because I can go through the whole campaign in a few sessions, just like watching one of the trilogy's.

Look at Metal Gear solid, a primarily single play game. You can run through any of those games in a hand full of hours. Once you cut out the cutscenes most of them can be beaten in under two hours.

Give me a campaign that's fun throughout and doesn't feel artificially streatched over the same campaign with an extra 5-10 hours.

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • rollind24
    5024 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Settle down people. He requested as DLC. I dont see why future DLC have to be specific to Iden Versio. Could make quick little canon DLC campaigns which would be pretty cool I think.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Campaign DLC would be fun but the TCW show did get a proper ending imo
  • Palpa
    125 posts Member
    Danxoln wrote: »

No it's not. I said IF we ever get campaign dlc. And what I'm talking about wouldn't need to be as big as the actual campaign.

Yeah but thats exactly it, Campaign DLC means you're most likely still playing as the same character. Not some new character randomly from the Clone Wars for a random extra hour of DLC.

What you're asking is completely off topic from the campaign. Why would they build up Iden just to switch to some character in the Clone Wars era?

Use your noodle, dingus.
  • Palpa wrote: »
    Danxoln wrote: »

Yeah but thats exactly it, Campaign DLC means you're most likely still playing as the same character. Not some new character randomly from the Clone Wars for a random extra hour of DLC.

What you're asking is completely off topic from the campaign. Why would they build up Iden just to switch to some character in the Clone Wars era?

Use your noodle, dingus.

There's absolutely no reason why campaign dlc couldn't focus on other characters in another era. All I'm saying is it would be a perfect opportunity to give TCW some closure since the show never got to finish on its own accord. Plus the Siege of Mandalore and the Battle of Coruscant are important events that have barely been touched at all in canon.
  • LordMaul wrote: »

This is a great idea
  • Kwhiskey13 wrote: »
    I just hope they add campaign dlc from anywhere. Apparently it will only be 6 hours long which is sad and seems to lack longevity. They just need to add in more offline single player/ online co-op content in general because it still seems to be lacking. I fear arcade mode won't cut it.

Yeah 6 hours if you just rush through it, skip cinematics, etc. It'll probably be around an 8 hour game at most which is fine as long as the story is rich. Visually, the game is looking amazing. People just seem to expect way too much and are still never satisfied

Companies tend to stretch that number when they reveal it rather than present the bare minimum. I'm willing to bet it's more in the 4-5 hour range if you rush.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Major_Malevolence
    45 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It would be cool, but I think it's better if they expand Iden Versio's story to the events of The Last Jedi and beyond, that is if she survives.
    ARMY OR NOT, YOU MUST REALIZE, YOU ARE DOOMED
  • Good point