criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

There is only 4 Weapons Per Class❗️

Prev1
Luketheboss
748 posts Member
edited November 2017
We finally got a official info on how many Weapons there will be per class. The info that we got is that there will only 4 Weapons per class, which means that there will be 16 Weapons in the entire game. This was confirmed by one of the Dice developers. This is really disappointing when it comes to choosing weapons and gameplay, because this is limiting our choices in the game .

This is an issue because we as players will be stuck with limited choices when it comes to gameplay. For example my favorite class is Assault, and I found myself playing with the Assault class in the beta all the time. When the game comes out I will play with Assault Class most of the time, which means that my options are very limited when it comes to selecting Weapons and gameplay. This is needs to be solved, please Dice give us more weapons in the post-launch content because it will get boring really fast when you are playing with limited weapons for your favorite class. I understand that you need to play with different class based on gameplay, but I found myself playing with Assault all the time, and I will continue to play Assault in the full game too. I feel that the 2015 Battlefront had more options when it came to selecting weapons because you could select any weapons you wanted, but when it comes to Battlefront II it feels like that the options are very limited when it comes to selecting weapons and gameplay. This needs to be solved through post-launch content!!

We need more weapons Dice !!!!

Replies

• Honestly, If they add more now, alot of them are gonna feel the same. Wait for the content drops and then complain about it.
  • Honestly, If they add more now, alot of them are gonna feel the same. Wait for the content drops and then complain about it.
    Well at least we had more choice in the 2015 Battlefront
  • I never get all hyped up about numbers of weapons. When the weapons are marginally different for the sake of numbers it makes me wish they focused on developing something else. I expect more to be released in DLCs though.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Quality over quantity; this ain't Battlefield 4. Plus, we're eventually gonna be given heaps of weapons for free
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I never get all hyped up about numbers of weapons. When the weapons are marginally different for the sake of numbers it makes me wish they focused on developing something else. I expect more to be released in DLCs though.

Yeah, sixteen guns that feel different and can serve unique purposes is better than sixty guns that only have tiny statistical differences between them.

I'm sure more will come, plus many of the reinforcements have weapons outside of the sixteen class weapons.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    If you're talking about the interview with the AngryJoe Show, then you must have heard the developers explanation, and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

The explanation being (paraphrased): there may be lots of different blasters in the Star Wars universe, but how different are they? They may look different, but in all actuality they still handle the same and do the same thing.

I personally would much rather have 16 guns that feel unique than 50 copy-paste guns. Plus there are still the special weapons like the bowcaster and flamethrower for the reinforcements, so there's probably more like 20 or so.
  • Seems like some people are new to DICE games so let me explain it in short - They ALWAYS put more weapons and everything else in post-launch content (DLC format). So they will do the same here to.
  • 4 classes 16 weapons not including reinforcements/hero weapons is pretty damn good... Battlefront 2015 didn’t have too many guns at launch and we only used like 5 of them anyways.
  • GreenArrow wrote: »
    Seems like some people are new to DICE games so let me explain it in short - They ALWAYS put more weapons and everything else in post-launch content (DLC format). So they will do the same here to.

But 4 per class that’s limited choice
  • Quality over quantity; this ain't Battlefield 4. Plus, we're eventually gonna be given heaps of weapons for free

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

this
  • I understand (and somewhat agree with) the "quality over quantity" angle. However, I'm still going to take note of every single gun in the game at launch, list all the ones that aren't there, then post on the forums politely asking DICE to deliver because MOAR PLEASE. :)

Surely guns like the WESTAR-35 and E-11D need to make their way in eventually, am I right?
    Seems like some people are new to DICE games so let me explain it in short - They ALWAYS put more weapons and everything else in post-launch content (DLC format). So they will do the same here to.

That's the whole point of the class system bud, each class will have strengths and weaknesses that balance one another out. Limitations are a good thing sometimes.

Additionally, let's not forget the gun attachments that each gun will have, some of which create a large difference in the gunplay. Also throw in the fact that quite a few of the classes will have guns assigned to special Star Cards as well.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo

That's the whole point of the class system bud, each class will have strengths and weaknesses that balance one another out. Limitations are a good thing sometimes.

Additionally, let's not forget the gun attachments that each gun will have, some of which create a large difference in the gunplay. Also throw in the fact that quite a few of the classes will have guns assigned to special Star Cards as well.

Is that holding back loot boxes bud, when it comes to opening them. You need to have more items (Weapons) if the game is going progress through the loot boxes.

Is that holding back loot boxes bud, when it comes to opening them. You need to have more items (Weapons) if the game is going progress through the loot boxes.

Progression shouldn't be based on loot boxes in the first place. Let them put cosmetic stuff in those instead.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo

Progression shouldn't be based on loot boxes in the first place. Let them put cosmetic stuff in those instead.

But it is
  • lok
    967 posts Member
    JUST ENJOY IT............................SHEEEEESH

But it is

That's no reason to put more of it into loot crates. If we get more guns it would be better if they were earned through some other method.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Battlefront 2015 base game only had 11 blasters. So that's already 5 more here than before, and I seriously doubt anyone is going to be constantly switching between so many weapons for the same class. I could see most people having at most 2 or 3 weapons they use for each class. I don't see how this limits variety beyond what's already limited by classes.
  • lok wrote: »
    JUST ENJOY IT............................SHEEEEESH

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

This... so much this. I hate it when people complain about the number of weapons when everyone only uses one or two anyway.
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.

This... so much this. I hate it when people complain about the number of weapons when everyone only uses one or two anyway.

Literally all the weapons throughout each class shown in the new videos are unique in the way they handle, the way they fire, and even their sounds. It may be a small selection so far but it's great that a small selection of weapons already have depth to them. People just seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining, it's just cringe worthy
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

If they all feel the same the choice doesn't matter... they would all be the same.
  • Scout1998
    699 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    So i cant use E11 when im playing as clones? Dissapointing.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    I bet they will add more with time
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    I bet they will add more with time
    I know but they should have it at launch

no, we didn't that game launched with 11.

no, we didn't that game launched with 11.

Some people clearly jumped into BF 2015 late because they don’t remember just how few guns launched with the game ... I mean overall content but everyone wants instant gratification.
  • We finally got a official info on how many Weapons there will be per class. The info that we got is that there will only 4 Weapons per class, which means that there will be 16 Weapons in the entire game. This was confirmed by one of the Dice developers. This is really disappointing when it comes to choosing weapons and gameplay, because this is limiting our choices in the game .

This is an issue because we as players will be stuck with limited choices when it comes to gameplay. For example my favorite class is Assault, and I found myself playing with the Assault class in the beta all the time. When the game comes out I will play with Assault Class most of the time, which means that my options are very limited when it comes to selecting Weapons and gameplay. This is needs to be solved, please Dice give us more weapons in the post-launch content because it will get boring really fast when you are playing with limited weapons for your favorite class. I understand that you need to play with different class based on gameplay, but I found myself playing with Assault all the time, and I will continue to play Assault in the full game too. I feel that the 2015 Battlefront had more options when it came to selecting weapons because you could select any weapons you wanted, but when it comes to Battlefront II it feels like that the options are very limited when it comes to selecting weapons and gameplay. This needs to be solved through post-launch content!!

We need more weapons Dice !!!!

if you think about it its probably hard to do those weapons and have them balanced and they've done four for each class so thats 16 blasters overall i don't think its bad but i hope they'll add some more but be patient and wait so they can get it right I'm tired of people complaining over every thing
  • 16 guns not including guns from star cards. how is that not enough for launch? jeesh
  • They are 100% gonna drop new weapons post launch. Quit crying

Yea I agree. EA is the best and will definitely deliver some great free content as the game ages. I CANT WAIT!!!

• Fanboys is full damage control mode now. Keep defending see where you will go with this
  • Seems pretty good to me. Especially if there are lots of attachments that switch them up. More isn't always better. I find the one weapon and the attachments for it that "works" for me and tend to stick with it. I don't much care for the this gun does this very narrow limited thing that lots of weapons turns into in these games.

• I don't find that having 4 weapons per class is an issue. As long as they have vairey to them I am good. There will be more weapons for sure later on down the road with DLC's and Updates. I am hoping as of now each class has two unique weapons to them, and then the other two each side shares.
  • Scout1998 wrote: »

I don't find it really disappointing. I mean the default Clone Assault weapon is similar.

Yeah, but that was because there was no classes. There was just a bunch of guns they threw in there for fun. And they all felt the same, and had little to no variation.

It's really not that hard to make guns feel distinct. Even if they are not that different, I'd still like a larger choice. The current number is WAY below par.
  • Luketheboss
    748 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Honestly, If they add more now, alot of them are gonna feel the same. Wait for the content drops and then complain about it.

It's really not that hard to make guns feel distinct. Even if they are not that different, I'd still like a larger choice. The current number is WAY below par.

@TOTALfps I need help I can’t post anything even though I have a game. Please help me
    Post edited by Luketheboss on
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    695 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    This is nonsense. I agree having too many weapons can potentially be a problem, but this is way too few. Especially for the scope BFII aims to cover. Balancing should not be an issue. As for uniqueness, this is Star Wars. It is what it is, and it's fine.

Furthermore, locking weapons to their appropriate eras would partially solve this issue (and help preserve the uniqueness of each era as well as maintain authenticity and immersion). Each type of infantry for each faction should have access to their canonically appropriate weapons and gear (e.g. Death Troopers currently not having access to the E-11D).
    "All wings report in."
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    This is nonsense. I agree having too many weapons can potentially be a problem, but this is way too few. Especially for the scope BFII aims to cover. Balancing should not be an issue. As for uniqueness, this is Star Wars. It is what it is, and it's fine.

Furthermore, locking weapons to their appropriate eras would partially solve this issue (and help preserve the uniqueness of each era as well as maintain authenticity and immersion). Each type of infantry for each faction should have access to their canonically appropriate weapons and gear (e.g. Death Troopers currently not having access to the E-11D).

Death troopers were equipped with a variety of weapons depending on their specialties while yeah they used the E-11D they also used SE-14r and the DLT-19D heavy blaster rifle.
  • I don't understand why weapons like the DC-15, E-11, and E-5 aren't available across all the different eras and factions. Even if there's no difference between them stats-wise, it'd be nice for a little change of aesthetics. It would make more sense that cross-era heroes, and there are already some cross-era weapons...

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • I don't understand why weapons like the DC-15, E-11, and E-5 aren't available across all the different eras and factions. Even if there's no difference between them stats-wise, it'd be nice for a little change of aesthetics. It would make more sense that cross-era heroes, and there are already some cross-era weapons...

Same, I don't even care that they act similar to each other, if anything, that just makes the balancing easier. And before someone asks whats the difference, the look, the look is different and thats all I need. Just let me have my DC-15a and A180 sniper for all factions and you will never see me again because I wont leave the game lobbies.

Or use the A180 as a rebel, i'm really bummed by that.

I know right
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    695 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    xJstarx00 wrote: »
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »

Death troopers were equipped with a variety of weapons depending on their specialties while yeah they used the E-11D they also used SE-14r and the DLT-19D heavy blaster rifle.

Correct, and the DLT-19D is even in BFII from what I've heard, but the E-11D was standard issue for them and it's currently missing.

I don't know if the SE-14r is in BFII, but if not, it should also be added.
    "All wings report in."
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    xJstarx00 wrote: »
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »

Correct, and the DLT-19D is even in BFII from what I've heard, but the E-11D was standard issue for them and it's currently missing.

I don't know if the SE-14r is in BFII, but if not, it should also be added.

Why can’t they just add weapons from the 2015 Battlefront
  • 16 isn’t bad for the main classes. I think cod has like 23. Don’t forget there is special unit guns, star card guns and there is 6 different versions of the base gun (making a total of 36 guns).
    The E-11 is the exact same thing as the E-5 in the game just a different look.