criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Tricky wording on one of Luke’s Star Cards makes it so much less serviceable than previously thought

Landeaux
3467 posts Member
edited November 2017
So after reading this carefully, I realized that Luke’s “Cleasning the Darkness” SC isn’t nearly as good as I thought it was. You only regain health by killing an Empire Trooper or enemy villain. Vader and Leia have a similar but better card that allows them to regain health when killing an enemy trooper or enemy villain. How ridiculous is this? Why do this? The card is now only serviceable 1/3 of the time. Like...why make a card so restrictive. Make it similar to Vader and Leia’s. Luke’s defensive Star Cards suck enough, as is.
(Yes, I do have a preconceived biased for Luke because he’s my favorite character but he is also the best Jedi ever. Why keep disrespecting him? They seem to have some preconceived bias against him...)

Replies

• I don’t think this should be (or even is) a thing.

But keep in mind wrong era heros cost more.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I don’t think this should be (or even is) a thing.

Yeah I know they cost more when out of era but that doesn’t excuse the card being so tailored to one era. I can still use Luke, or any hero, across all eras.
    What do you mean by your first comment? The card is in the game. I have the EA Access trial so I can see everything in the game
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    So after reading this carefully, I realized that Luke’s “Cleasning the Darkness” SC isn’t nearly as good as I thought it was. You only regain health by killing an Empire Trooper or enemy villain. Vader and Leia have a similar but better card that allows them to regain health when killing an enemy trooper or enemy villain. How ridiculous is this? Why do this? The card is now only serviceable 1/3 of the time. Like...why make a card so restrictive. Make it similar to Vader and Leia’s. Luke’s defensive Star Cards suck enough, as is.
    (Yes, I do have a preconceived biased for Luke because he’s my favorite character but he is also the best Jedi ever. Why keep disrespecting him? They seem to have some preconceived bias against him...)
    At least your favorite hero is in the game :cry:

I agree. It’s odd that the cards for Leia and Vader are different than Luke’s. That doesn’t make much sense to me.
    EvazanJr wrote: »

Yeah I know they cost more when out of era but that doesn’t excuse the card being so tailored to one era. I can still use Luke, or any hero, across all eras.
    What do you mean by your first comment? The card is in the game. I have the EA Access trial so I can see everything in the game
    Are u certain it only works in OT era? It could just be misleading wording.
  • Well I have to try It to believe it so don’t bother trying to convince me.
    Landeaux wrote: »

You can use any Star Card you’d like so if you want to have it on while in PT and ST you can but it won’t work against enemy infantry. If you kill an enemy villain it’ll work but that’s it. It was very specific in saying “Empire Stormtrooper.” Therefore it would only be serviceable in OT. Leia’s and Vader’s says “enemy trooper.”
    Well I have to try It to believe it so don’t bother trying to convince me.

Definitely hope I’m wrong but with wording that specific, there’s no other way to read it.

You can use any Star Card you’d like so if you want to have it on while in PT and ST you can but it won’t work against enemy infantry. If you kill an enemy villain it’ll work but that’s it. It was very specific in saying “Empire Stormtrooper.” Therefore it would only be serviceable in OT. Leia’s and Vader’s says “enemy trooper.”

You think it could be a typo for Leia’s card and it’s meant to be the same as Luke’s? Have you been able to test any of this out?
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

I agree. It’s odd that the cards for Leia and Vader are different than Luke’s. That doesn’t make much sense to me.

Defensive Star Cards generally suck in this game. The stamina cards at legendary only reduce stamina used by 10-15%. That’s terrible. Damage reduction cards only reduce damage by 15%. Vader’s the only one with completely dominant SC across the board
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

Defensive Star Cards generally suck in this game. The stamina cards at legendary only reduce stamina used by 10-15%. That’s terrible. Damage reduction cards only reduce damage by 15%. Vader’s the only one with completely dominant SC across the board

Vader looks amazing with fully upgraded cards. Someone on YouTube posted a video of him fully upgraded and he had over a 1000 health and was really dominant. He will definitely be my first hero unlock!
  • Vader looks amazing with fully upgraded cards. Someone on YouTube posted a video of him fully upgraded and he had over a 1000 health and was really dominant. He will definitely be my first hero unlock

You think it could be a typo for Leia’s card and it’s meant to be the same as Luke’s? Have you been able to test any of this out?

Hopefully it’s a typo against Luke. Wouldn’t make sense to only allow Luke and Leia to get health from stormtroopers and Vader gets health from everything. Couldn’t try it out because I didn’t receive the card through a hero crate. I’d need to buy Luke in order to craft that card and I didn’t have enough time to rack up that many credits. Hopefully Luke’s card works like Leia’s and Vader’s will. Kinda nervous that Luke will suck because he’ll be forced to go ultra offensive and Vader will just crush him
  • Did you get to try out Palpatine? Is he useable? I really like Palpatine because of his uniqueness as a hero but I’ve heard negative things about him so far.
    Did you get to try out Palpatine? Is he useable? I really like Palpatine because of his uniqueness as a hero but I’ve heard negative things about him so far.

Only in arcade and he’s weak. I had trouble taking out AI...he’s that bad rn. You have to use both hands to get good damage onto someone but it drains your stamina so much. He will need Star Cards in order to be good. The Chain Lightning was ok. Dark Aura will be good CC. Electrocute was ok, I guess. Nothing too powerful
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Did you get to try out Palpatine? Is he useable? I really like Palpatine because of his uniqueness as a hero but I’ve heard negative things about him so far.

Only in arcade and he’s weak. I had trouble taking out AI...he’s that bad rn. You have to use both hands to get good damage onto someone but it drains your stamina so much. He will need Star Cards in order to be good. The Chain Lightning was ok. Dark Aura will be good CC. Electrocute was ok, I guess. Nothing too powerful

*sigh* that’s what I was afraid of. Looks like Darth Vader will be my first unlock. One more question if you don’t mind, how fast was you earning credits? Have any idea how long it may take to unlock Vader? I know he costs 60,000 :(
  • Wow that's a real bummer.
    Spending 10,000 credits just to find out a star card isn't functioning correctly.
    I know that players playing in the correct era should be rewarded, but this is taking it to far.
    We all want to have fun here & taking away a heroes effectiveness is just isn't fair at all.

They need to let Luke & Leia be able to regen health from all enemy opponents, not just storm troopers, plain and simple.

And yeah I do agree the defensive cards could use little buff.

Also you should post this thread over here the next time you want to discuss the heroes & make valuable feedback on the heroes or other character. https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/categories/heroes-and-characters
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

*sigh* that’s what I was afraid of. Looks like Darth Vader will be my first unlock. One more question if you don’t mind, how fast was you earning credits? Have any idea how long it may take to unlock Vader? I know he costs 60,000 :(

My trial just ended. I decided not to hoard credits because I’m not confident that my progression will carry over into launch day. I would hypothesize that I earned between 30,000-40,000 total within 10 hours. About 9 of those hours were spent online and about 8 of those 9 hours were in HvV. HvV gives you around 200 per match and GA gave me about 365 when I finished a match but I did really well in that one (with Yoda as well) so that could be a bloated number. Credits per match are low but you earn a decent amount of your credits from completing challenges that are fairly easy.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Wow that's a real bummer.
    Spending 10,000 credits just to find out a star card isn't functioning correctly.
    I know that players playing in the correct era should be rewarded, but this is taking it to far.
    We all want to have fun here & taking away a heroes effectiveness is just isn't fair at all.

They need to let Luke & Leia be able to regen health from all enemy opponents, not just storm troopers, plain and simple.

Also you should post this thread over here the next time you want to discuss the heroes & make valuable feedback on the heroes or other character. https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/categories/heroes-and-characters

Just to be clear, Leia and Vader can regen health from killing any enemy trooper as long as they have that Star Card on. Luke’s Cleasning the Darkness is the problematic card. That one only specifies Empire troopers.
    And Luke and Vader cost 60,000 credits, Leia and Palp cost 40,000, and Iden and Chewie cost 20,000! Insane!

Thanks for the heads up on the Hero feedback forum!

My trial just ended. I decided not to hoard credits because I’m not confident that my progression will carry over into launch day. I would hypothesize that I earned between 30,000-40,000 total within 10 hours. About 9 of those hours were spent online and about 8 of those 9 hours were in HvV. HvV gives you around 200 per match and GA gave me about 365 when I finished a match but I did really well in that one (with Yoda as well) so that could be a bloated number. Credits per match are low but you earn a decent amount of your credits from completing challenges that are fairly easy.

Your progress will cary over.

Ohhhhh I’m so mad!!!!! I would’ve hoarded my credits! UGHHHHHH

Ha! I’m sure you got some decent stuff from the crates? Looks like the hero crate seems to be the best bargain.
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Wow that's a real bummer.

Just to be clear, Leia and Vader can regen health from killing any enemy trooper as long as they have that Star Card on. Luke’s Cleasning the Darkness is the problematic card. That one only specifies Empire troopers.
    And Luke and Vader cost 60,000 credits, Leia and Palp cost 40,000, and Iden and Chewie cost 20,000! Insane!

Thanks for the heads up on the Hero feedback forum!

Ahh I see now, but nonetheless, they should fix that to work in all eras.
    Thanks for clearing up my confusion about the hero costs, it's even worse than I had previously thought.
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/

aakkhwbkosde.gif

My trial just ended. I decided not to hoard credits because I’m not confident that my progression will carry over into launch day.

Everything you've done in the trial will cross over into the launch versions of the game.

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Ha! I’m sure you got some decent stuff from the crates? Looks like the hero crate seems to be the best bargain.

Yeah I dispensed a decent amount of my credits into hero crates. I never played Chewie but when I do he will be level 7 thanks to good drops lol. Same went for Han. Didn’t play him immediately but when I did he was level 6 due to good crate drops.

I spent 5 real dollars to get my hands on some hero crates :trollface:

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »

My trial just ended. I decided not to hoard credits because I’m not confident that my progression will carry over into launch day.

Everything you've done in the trial will cross over into the launch versions of the game.

:( I feel so stup*d for wasting my credits now! My thought process was since I didn’t receive my DDE content yet, it wouldn’t transfer over so I went on a hero crate spending spree. Probably ended the trial with around 6,000 credits. *Sigh*